**Official March 2017 Thread**

I'm late to the thread, but I have been planning our 4th Annual Spring Break Disney trip for over 180 days now! :dumbo:
We are going March 24- April 1 and staying at POR Royal Room for the first time. I am so excited for my little princess loving 3 and 5 year old daughters! ADR were made 180 days out for the first time ever, so this will be the first trip where we get to do EVERYTHING on our wish list! It will also be when we activate our annual passes for the first time ever! Can you tell I am excited?!? Only 3 days until I make our FP reservations, and I'm hoping they all fall into place, too. Let the countdown begin!
:mickeyjum

I'm late to the thread, but I have been planning our 4th Annual Spring Break Disney trip for over 180 days now! :dumbo:
We are going March 24- April 1 and staying at POR Royal Room for the first time. I am so excited for my little princess loving 3 and 5 year old daughters! ADR were made 180 days out for the first time ever, so this will be the first trip where we get to do EVERYTHING on our wish list! It will also be when we activate our annual passes for the first time ever! Can you tell I am excited?!? Only 3 days until I make our FP reservations, and I'm hoping they all fall into place, too. Let the countdown begin!
:mickeyjum
See you there! We will be in a RR from 3/29-3/31!

We have been planning our March trip since last April! It is so hard to believe we are under 2 months away. This will be a very special trip for me personally. I have gone to WDW about 15 times between when I was 5 years old and now. It holds a special place in my heart that has brought me happy memories I will remember for the rest of my life. I am now happily engaged and my fiancee will be coming along with my family. I have gotten to the point where I enjoy WDW the most when I share it with people who haven't ever been there (or haven't been in a long time). This will be my fiancee's 2nd trip to WDW (went with her family when she was 10). I can't wait to see her re-experience WDW again! We decided to go "all out" on this trip and enjoy as much of it as possible as this will be our last trip until we have children of our own (which could be sooner than we think!). We are doing all my family's traditions (Biergarten, Rose and Crown, spend last day at Epcot) but on top of that we are staying at our favorite resort BWV, scored Be Our Guest dinner reservations (for 7 people!!), have Magic Kingdom Keys to the Kingdom tours scheduled, and my fiancee and I are hoping to take some engagement pictures via Photo Pass. I know this is a really long post but I wanted to share a little bit of my Disney story and any tips to make this final Disney trip as magical as possible will be greatly appreciated! I hope you all enjoy your March trip, I know we will!

We have been planning our March trip since last April! It is so hard to believe we are under 2 months away. This will be a very special trip for me personally. I have gone to WDW about 15 times between when I was 5 years old and now. It holds a special place in my heart that has brought me happy memories I will remember for the rest of my life. I am now happily engaged and my fiancee will be coming along with my family. I have gotten to the point where I enjoy WDW the most when I share it with people who haven't ever been there (or haven't been in a long time). This will be my fiancee's 2nd trip to WDW (went with her family when she was 10). I can't wait to see her re-experience WDW again! We decided to go "all out" on this trip and enjoy as much of it as possible as this will be our last trip until we have children of our own (which could be sooner than we think!). We are doing all my family's traditions (Biergarten, Rose and Crown, spend last day at Epcot) but on top of that we are staying at our favorite resort BWV, scored Be Our Guest dinner reservations (for 7 people!!), have Magic Kingdom Keys to the Kingdom tours scheduled, and my fiancee and I are hoping to take some engagement pictures via Photo Pass. I know this is a really long post but I wanted to share a little bit of my Disney story and any tips to make this final Disney trip as magical as possible will be greatly appreciated! I hope you all enjoy your March trip, I know we will!

Congrats on your engagement :love:

Hello All!

A little late to the party but my DD19 and I decided on a whim to go to the great WDW over her spring break, March 10-17! She goes to college half way across the country and after looking up plane tickets to fly her home it ended up being cheaper to meet up in DW. It will very much be a budget trip but we are both just so excited. We regularly go to DL since we are west coasters but went to the world for the first time in 2015. Ever since then we have been itching to go back. We are both bummed that her older sister cannot come with since she is studying abroad (and I feel a little guilty) but know that she is having the time of her life and visiting countries that I could only dream of.

We are staying offsite since I have a timeshare and we brought the promotional four day tickets. I have already booked a ADR for Beaches and Cream and am trying to decide where we should do one more table service.

Hello All!

A little late to the party but my DD19 and I decided on a whim to go to the great WDW over her spring break, March 10-17! She goes to college half way across the country and after looking up plane tickets to fly her home it ended up being cheaper to meet up in DW. It will very much be a budget trip but we are both just so excited. We regularly go to DL since we are west coasters but went to the world for the first time in 2015. Ever since then we have been itching to go back. We are both bummed that her older sister cannot come with since she is studying abroad (and I feel a little guilty) but know that she is having the time of her life and visiting countries that I could only dream of.

We are staying offsite since I have a timeshare and we brought the promotional four day tickets. I have already booked a ADR for Beaches and Cream and am trying to decide where we should do one more table service.

Hope you and your DD have a wonderful trip. I am also traveling with my DD who attends college in Florida. I cherish our trips together :cloud9:

So I guess I am totally late to the party.....

Our trip is planned for Spring Break, 03/18-03/25. We are staying in the Cars Suite at AoA. This will be our boys first trip. Everyone is very excited. It's truly starting to feel real. As usual, the forum has been so helpful with planning. Looking forward to arriving....countdown!!!!!!

Very encouraged after doing fast passes this morning. This is supposed to be a 8-10 crowd level week and everything seemed to be wide open and was even able to move some ADRs too this morning.

Very encouraged after doing fast passes this morning. This is supposed to be a 8-10 crowd level week and everything seemed to be wide open and was even able to move some ADRs too this morning.

Agree even though we did our FP selection on the 9th I have been tweaking them continually and pleasantly surprised with the availability. ADR's as well still lots of good choices and times. If only I could stop tweaking :rolleyes1 :o

Last edited:
EDIT: Just switched! Update me on the roll call, please? Same dates, but now at Pop instead of Sports :)

So, I was playing around on the disney site and I can move my reservation to Pop for only about $36 for the entire stay (from All Star Sports). I'm thinking of doing it--1. to avoid Americheer on the weekend we're there, 2. the theming appeals to me more, and 3. the dedicated buses. Any pros/cons I'm missing? Any thoughts? My only other Disney stay was at POFQ, so its my first value stay. My friend and I will probably be doing commando style touring, but moving to a resort away from the cheerleaders/tour groups sounds appealing....

Last edited:
Super late to this party, but at least I'm here now!!!!! My 24 DD and I just decided to spend our spring break at WDW!!!! This is totally a budget trip, so staying off property o_O But did get the 4 parks/4 day tix :flower3:. Driving instead of flying, :car: but oh the memories we will make together! Our last trip was 3 years ago, so time to get our Disney fix!!! Can't wait to see you all there! I'll be the one smiling and not acting my age :goodvibes

Last edited:
I've been planning since August and I can't believe I just now found this thread!

We are visiting March 23 to April 1 with a few days at Universal. We're staying offsite but I booked a throwaway campsite for the benefits (worth every penny). I booked the beginning of our 60 day window today and am thrilled with the FP options - so relieved to get FEA and 7DMT.

I've been planning since August and I can't believe I just now found this thread!

We are visiting March 23 to April 1 with a few days at Universal. We're staying offsite but I booked a throwaway campsite for the benefits (worth every penny). I booked the beginning of our 60 day window today and am thrilled with the FP options - so relieved to get FEA and 7DMT.

Seriously, isn't there just such a huge feeling of relief getting the FPs for FEA and 7DMT locked down? :)

Joining in! DH and I just decided a few days ago to do a quick trip without the kids, so we'll be at CSR March 25th-28th. Very excited to be doing F&G again this year in March AND again in May :goodvibes

There should be a Twelve-Step group for us overplanners!

I didn't realise how much planning was needed these days when we first learned about the trip at Christmas (it's a gift from my parents to my family), so when I took on the [kind of last minute] organising role it was overwhelming at first. And then I felt like I must seem obsessive and appear to be overplanning. But it's clear that these days planning is a much more important task than it was 25 years ago when I was last in WDW as a child.

I felt better the other day when I was at the dentist's office and the dental hygienist told me that her family were regular Disney goers and planning their trips was key each time. So we spent the appointment chatting about ADRs and FPs -- it was such fun, hahah. :earboy2:

Woohooo.add us to the roll call! Hubby just surprised us a trip for March 15-21st. Flying and staying at POR! Love this resort and this will be our first time using a Dining plan. Really excited!

Whew! It was our fast pass morning! I got up at 4:45 am to make sure I had time to book and get to work on time. I am happy to say that I booked everything we were hoping for with the exception of timing. Crossing the park several times at Epcot to get to FP and ADR because FEA wasn't available for the time I needed. At least I got it, though!

Quick question...Does anyone know if they might extend morning hours in March? They did last year to open at 8:00, but I think it might have been because of crowd levels for Easter.

Hi there! If I stay at a Disney property and want to go to Universal Studios...... what is the easiest way to do this? Do most people check out of the disney hotel and stay in a new one for a couple nights or do you try to do Universal in a day and return to Disney? Do you rent a car? Is there a different transportation to Universal? Also- about what time of year do most of the FREE dining plan specials come out? Thank you in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter