***Official February 2017 Thread***

OK, so I never got my DME envelope when I thought I should, so last Thursday I called Disney and they said they would send another.

Today I get TWO DME envelopes in the mail! Both mailed 1/23 from the same zip, so it's not like the "lost" one turned up.

One envelope had the full letter with the airport map and directions. The other had one slip with "reminders." Each had a yellow tag, so I have an extra, but I'm all set!

6 more sleeps and I've done no packing yet! I've had no time with work and family responsibilities but this weekend is prep time :mickeyjum

Squeal!! Two weeks from today we'll be pulling in to the parking lot!!

9 days...SINGLE DIGITS!!!

I'll be in Disney in 4 days!!!

One massive multi-quote, and a dancing banana for each of you!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

A week from Saturday, and I'm hitting the road! Well, that was the plan until I looked at the weather forecast for next weekend. Ugh. It is fine here in Wisconsin, but the farther south you go, the worse it gets. Snow and rain showers on Saturday, which is when we'd be leaving, in Indianapolis, Louisville, and Campaign, IL, which are all located on our two potential routes south. It doesn't look any better for Sunday, which was our Plan B departure day. So now we're looking at possibly leaving Friday late morning/early afternoon, stopping for the night in Mt Vernon, IL and either spending an extra day in Manchester, TN (our first stopover), Valdosta, GA (our second stopover), or Orlando. That SHOULD get us past all of the snow/wintry mix junk. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast improves over the next week. But hey, either way, in 11 days I'll be saying hi to Mickey Mouse!

One massive multi-quote, and a dancing banana for each of you!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

A week from Saturday, and I'm hitting the road! Well, that was the plan until I looked at the weather forecast for next weekend. Ugh. It is fine here in Wisconsin, but the farther south you go, the worse it gets. Snow and rain showers on Saturday, which is when we'd be leaving, in Indianapolis, Louisville, and Campaign, IL, which are all located on our two potential routes south. It doesn't look any better for Sunday, which was our Plan B departure day. So now we're looking at possibly leaving Friday late morning/early afternoon, stopping for the night in Mt Vernon, IL and either spending an extra day in Manchester, TN (our first stopover), Valdosta, GA (our second stopover), or Orlando. That SHOULD get us past all of the snow/wintry mix junk. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast improves over the next week. But hey, either way, in 11 days I'll be saying hi to Mickey Mouse!
Yikes!! Good luck!

Yesterday, I posted this on the Feb. Planning facebook page but wanted to share it here also and incase anyone else is in the same boat, know your not alone:

"Guess who found out they're not getting magic bands shipped to them...us (yeah you know, with 15 days until we leave. We called last week to check on them (because our tracking number didn't show them going anywhere) and was told just wait another week and then we called today they told us that Apparently the "shipping partner" never got them to the post office and because Disney will only send them "Parcel select" it would take over a month to get them to Alaska. Only option... is to ship them direct to resort and hope they are there when we arrive."

Yesterday, I posted this on the Feb. Planning facebook page but wanted to share it here also and incase anyone else is in the same boat, know your not alone:

"Guess who found out they're not getting magic bands shipped to them...us (yeah you know, with 15 days until we leave. We called last week to check on them (because our tracking number didn't show them going anywhere) and was told just wait another week and then we called today they told us that Apparently the "shipping partner" never got them to the post office and because Disney will only send them "Parcel select" it would take over a month to get them to Alaska. Only option... is to ship them direct to resort and hope they are there when we arrive."
Ugh, that's a bit disheartening. I'm sorry to hear you have that hanging over your head. You'd think Disney would say "our bad" and UPS them or something. I was surprised when I saw the "shipping partner" when I was tracking my MB's. I know it probably isn't the case, but I always think those partners sound like fly-by-night companies, and I don't trust them. Thankfully mine took a pretty direct route, as opposed to others who seem to have their MB's bounced around quite a bit before they finally received them. Best of luck that everything works out for you!

I'm sorry this happened. What a bummer! My bands took a long time to get to me through the "shipping partner" and definitely not a direct route. Hoping they will magically show up before your trip pixiedust:

MBs arrived yesterday. In exactly one week we will be on our way to the airport. Especially excited because the weather already looks more promising than our last trip 3 years ago (we had 3 straight days of rain/drizzle and 50 degree temps).

Today is packing day! One week from right now I should be heading to Epcot. Excited about my first stay at POP and hoping I have that room text when I get off the plane. I've studied so much, I'm sure I'll be able to walk right to it.

It's always kind of amazing when I reach this point to think "it's almost time!" Part :scared1: but mostly :cool1:

I'm heading down the home stretch now. In about 137 hours, we'll be hitting the road! And in just about a week, we'll be pulling into a Disney Springs parking lot to get a Disney fix before our Disney vacation officially starts on Tuesday. For the most part, we are all packed up. There are a few things that need to be washed yet this week before we can add them to the suitcase. I took a couple hours this weekend and cleaned the car inside and out. We'll be spending a lot of time in it during the drive down and back home, and I'd rather drive in a spotless car. Now it is parked in the garage and won't move until Saturday morning.

The weather forecast is much improved over how it looked last week. The current forecast is clear the entire drive to our first stop in Manchester, TN. Sunday's forecast shows rain, and hopefully that won't translate into a dangerous amount of snow in the mountains around Monteagle. Living in Wisconsin, I know how to drive in snow. But that doesn't make it any less scary, especially when you're driving on a mountain road with people who might not be as familiar with it.

Now it is just a matter of making it through this week at work...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter