***Official February 2017 Thread***

So at what point do we think final park hours will be posted? These last time I looked the hours were updated on December 16, and I hoping they will be elongated more. I am going Feb. 25 - Mar. 7 and Magic Kingdom is only open until 8pm most nights :confused3
They just did!!!! check out the new park hours on the Disney website. woo hooo

So at what point do we think final park hours will be posted? These last time I looked the hours were updated on December 16, and I hoping they will be elongated more. I am going Feb. 25 - Mar. 7 and Magic Kingdom is only open until 8pm most nights :confused3
They just posted new hours! Check Kenny the Pirate

Last edited:
our PPO ADR at CP was no longer a PPO

Damn I hate when that happens. I have zero clue what you're talking about and neither do 75% of the people reading this.

Seriously.....

Theres no 140 character limit here. Why don't people just type what they have to say and stop with the ridiculous abbreviating.

Umm, pretty standard abbreviations. In general, all message boards use some form of abbreviations. I'm pretty sure that most of the people reading my message knew that I was saying that our pre-park opening advanced dining reservation at Crystal Palace was no longer a pre-park-opening. PP (previous-poster) linked the page with our commonly used abbreviations here on the Dis Forums. Hopefully they'll help you to understand what people are typing.

Josh at EasyWDW has his February crowd calendar up (apologies if someone has mentioned this).

I'm pretty happy; I chose my park days some time ago based on past info and experience, and I ended up in mostly recommended parks/days, with the exception of DHS. But his best days for DHS are the same as my (good, recommended) MK days, and MK is the one place where the crowds drive me nuts and I really care about recommended "best" days.

Besides, I have FPs and ADRs I don't want to mess with. So I'm sticking to the plan. It's all good.

Josh at EasyWDW has his February crowd calendar up (apologies if someone has mentioned this).

I'm pretty happy; I chose my park days some time ago based on past info and experience, and I ended up in mostly recommended parks/days, with the exception of DHS. But his best days for DHS are the same as my (good, recommended) MK days, and MK is the one place where the crowds drive me nuts and I really care about recommended "best" days.

Besides, I have FPs and ADRs I don't want to mess with. So I'm sticking to the plan. It's all good.
I'm exactly the opposite with 2 of my days. I picked based on Touring Plans, but EasyWDW and KennythePirate have basically the opposite recommendations :/

It's HS and AK. With ADRs and FP, I'm leaving as is. Plan for the worst, hope for the best?

Cool!! Thank you for the heads up! Hopefully March will be up soon as well, as my trip goes into it for a week!

Last edited:

Well, I'm good for the first 5 days of my trip - not so good for the last 3. Oh well! Everything is planned and we'll be in Disney!

New Orleans roll call!!! Who is getting out of town for Mardi Gras?? Fly out this place Friday Feb 24th and check-In to All Star Music Saturday 25th. Staying till March 2nd. Can't wait for some family fun plus get to watch some local bands march in Disney. My first time in Disney for Mardi Gras break. Any veterans have some tips on the crowds??

New Orleans roll call!!! Who is getting out of town for Mardi Gras?? Fly out this place Friday Feb 24th and check-In to All Star Music Saturday 25th. Staying till March 2nd. Can't wait for some family fun plus get to watch some local bands march in Disney. My first time in Disney for Mardi Gras break. Any veterans have some tips on the crowds??
Crowds shouldn't be too bad, Mardi Gras visitors will push up the crowds a bit, but hoping it won't be awful. I was there this time last year, and the crowds were very light. Planning for the crowds level to be more than what we saw last year, but definitely doable.

My tips would be to get to the parks early, and try and get a bunch done before the afternoon, then you can take a break, or have a nice lunch as a rest. Then, park hop or come back later in the afternoon. If you can get to the parks early, you will be ahead of the majority of the crowds.

Last edited:
A good weekend all around! More Dis-ers at Pop for the final week of February, park hours were extended, and Josh is back doing his crowd calendars. :banana: Now to just wait for his March one to cross-reference, not that I can likely change around too much. Mom wants to be in Epcot on her birthday and that's EMH day so of course it's not going to be recommended. Ah well, we'll make do.

Three weeks until our first day in the parks! I can barely contain my excitement, and my productivity at work has dropped by about 85%! We hit the road in 18 days. Actually, 18 days from right now we should be really close to our first stop, if not there already. This is going to be the longest three weeks ever...

I swapped one of our HS days and our AK days - lunch ADR is a little later than I'd hoped, but tons of FP availability (and we're within 18 days)...continuing to be optimistic about crowds!

Last edited:
I swapped one of our HS days and our AK days - lunch ADR is a little later than I'd hoped, but tons of FP availability (and we're within 18 days)...continuing to be optimistic about crowds!
Potentially meaningless, but semi-related nonetheless, I checked this weekend on availability at the CR/BLT for the week I'm staying there. There is availability in most of the room categories. I took that as a good sign as well!

Oh, I got magic band 2.0 as well. I couldn't remember which color I chose, blue or orange. Turns out I picked orange!

I am heading there Jan 31 - Feb 9! My second trip, and boyfriend's first. Less than 2 weeks - so excited!!

Hey, all! New here! We are booked at the Poly 2/22-2/28! So excited, ADR's, FP+ all done, just waiting for our MagicBands to arrive. I am getting a little nervous. Our first park day will be on 2/23 (MK). I know that this is the Thursday AFTER President's weekend, but I am concerned about crowds. Anyone with any input on these dates? It's not like I can change our plans, but would like to be mentally prepared. We are planning on taking Saturday 2/25 off from the parks as this seems to be the biggest crowd day during our trip... Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter