*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Joining in! DS, 14, nephew, 9, and I will be in WDW 12/18 to 12/23 staying at BWV. My friend at work has asked to join in with her DSs 13 and 19. This is their first trip to WDW and will be staying next door at the Swan. We live in So Cal, so they think this will be like going to Disneyland. Oh boy, they have no idea how much fun we are going to have!!!!! Lucky for them I've been reading disboards and bought touring plans. Super planner at the ready!!!!!!!

We stayed at BWV in July and LOVED that resort! Have a great time!

I'm so excited!!! Unrelated to December, but I got a pin code in my email today and just booked my May trip with my MIL...30% off a savanna view at AKL for less than I was going to pay for standard view!! Ahhh!!

And :welcome: to our new friends! I will get you added to the front page in just a minute :-):-)

I also received a pin code today too. My DH response was, he was interested in a bounce back offer we may be offered this trip. Well see.

I also received a pin code today too. My DH response was, he was interested in a bounce back offer we may be offered this trip. Well see.

I hope one of the two things will work in your favor! I'm really curious to see what the bounceback will be...I was hoping it would be something I could use for my trip next October with my mom.
I just needed a room only discount for May, so this was great for me. We've been really lucky...This will be the 4th trip in a row we've been able to use a pin or a uoc. After I get my AP in December, I'll probably double check to see if I can get a better rate with it closer to the trip, but today's email was perfect timing!

Those were our original dates, too, and we'll be at the Boardwalk :-)

Woohoo Boardwalk! We stayed at SSR our first trip, so I'm looking forward to trying an Epcot resort.

We made our first trip to Disneyland in June...your friends will have quite the eye opening experience! I'm so excited for you!!

I've gone to Disneyland many times and love it, but WDW is a whole different ballgame. I'm very excited to share the experience, especially with my nephew.

We stayed at BWV in July and LOVED that resort! Have a great time!

I'm really looking forward to it...the boardwalk, walking to Epcot, boats to HS, plus the Epcot resorts should be beautiful with Christmas decorations.

If anyone is looking for a Memory Maker share group, we have a second December group starting on Facebook Disney Memory Maker Share Group. Travel dates starting mid month.

Busy at work last couple days- cant miss a day on these forums! Caught up reading- lots of good things going on! I'll post up the Q of the day on facebook today!

I just had an idea the other day. Here we are in the golden time of year for sports. MLB playoffs. NFL and NCAA football. The NHL will be starting soon. Same with the NBA and NCAA hoops. And I have to imagine there are a few die hard sports fans here that really back their teams. I also have to imagine that, with so many of our separate vacations overlapping, that a few of us would like to see if we could arrange some meetings, even if only to say "Hi."

So, I thought some friendly wagering might be able to accommodate this. Like for example, at the end month, my Bruins are facing the Canadiens. If for some (God forsaken) reason the Habs beat the B's, I would meet my counterpart, in Canada at EPCOT, we shake hands, "Nice to finally meet you.", and then they get a picture of me wearing a Canadiens hat/shirt/jersey/etc... with the biggest look of sorrow and regret I can muster and maybe something from the snack cart or "other" carts for the winner. Or if the Indians beat the Sox in the ALDS, same thing. Arrange a meet, and then they get a pic of a Sox fan in Indians gear. Maybe even Rick Vaughn glasses. And with the wide range of locations that this group encompasses, I have to imagine there to be a couple of rivalries in here, someplace. Think... mayors and governors wagering before a big sports event.

If this idea piques your interest, I suggest looking at the 1st page, see which guests overlap with you, and from there PM them to see if they are game. I say PM, because, I don't want to bog down the thread with multiple requests, proposals and terms. However, if the 2 parties reach an accord behind the scenes and both agree to post the terms and wager (I do believe $$$ wagers are a no-no here), I think that could be pretty entertaining. But please do not make a wager if you have no plans of honoring it, and think carefully, if a meeting would be logistically feasible.

Since I would never put out anything I wouldn't try myself, I will be open to just about all comers. If anyone here is morally opposed to wagering, I apologize, if my idea offended you. I was just throwing out an idea for some entertaining DIS Meets.

In any case, I still hope I get to see some of you down there.

Hey everyone! Looking for retailers to get apparel for our upcoming trip. Who do you all use?

Hey everyone! Looking for retailers to get apparel for our upcoming trip. Who do you all use?

I just buy for myself mostly, and use etsy sellers or other disney-centric small shops I know from instagram. Happily ever tees, happiest tees on earth, brand by you, neverland trading co (i think that's the name). If I get stuff for my boys, it's sometimes Disney Store men's shirts or something I find at Target or Kohls.

I bought a lot of stuff from the Disney Store, kohls & macys. I caught all 3 when they had great sales. We're going to make shirts for the Christmas party. Might use etsy. I did find an etsy seller that had diy Minnie ear kits. I might give that a try. I was waiting to see if she releases a Christmas set. I bought some Disney themed hair bows at a local craft show but seems like all the vendors had an etsy shop too. Everyone is in etsy these days.

Current dilemma...

I've been going through my daily plan, finally nailing down planned times for FPs (9 days awayyyyy o_O:crazy2::faint: Time is dragging!!), and now I'm considering a drastic change.

Right now, we have a full Epcot morning/early afternoon planned on the 21st (with a prepark opening 8am Garden Grill reservation), and then an MK morning on our last park day (12/22) followed by an Epcot evening with our CP package.
I have our morning planned out after our early breakfast on the 21st, and I'm wondering if I should switch our Candlelight Processional package day to that day, and just do MK until crowds fill in for the last MVMCP on 12/22 and have our Yachtsman dinner and a more low key evening at Epcot or somewhere else.

I hate it when the doubt starts to creep in!! I've had our plan set for so long, and I was really happy with it. Now I'm having serious doubts. Overthinking strikes again.
Don't Disney plan past 10pm after your team loses a football game!! It's bad!! LOL!

Current dilemma...

I've been going through my daily plan, finally nailing down planned times for FPs (9 days awayyyyy o_O:crazy2::faint: Time is dragging!!), and now I'm considering a drastic change.

Right now, we have a full Epcot morning/early afternoon planned on the 21st (with a prepark opening 8am Garden Grill reservation), and then an MK morning on our last park day (12/22) followed by an Epcot evening with our CP package.
I have our morning planned out after our early breakfast on the 21st, and I'm wondering if I should switch our Candlelight Processional package day to that day, and just do MK until crowds fill in for the last MVMCP on 12/22 and have our Yachtsman dinner and a more low key evening at Epcot or somewhere else.

I hate it when the doubt starts to creep in!! I've had our plan set for so long, and I was really happy with it. Now I'm having serious doubts. Overthinking strikes again.
Don't Disney plan past 10pm after your team loses a football game!! It's bad!! LOL!

No, keep your plan as is. If Dec. 22 is your last park day, keep your CP package on that day. You want something to look forward to on your last day. Don't do something low key. That's depressing. End your trip with something you've been looking forward to. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter