*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

No, keep your plan as is. If Dec. 22 is your last park day, keep your CP package on that day. You want something to look forward to on your last day. Don't do something low key. That's depressing. End your trip with something you've been looking forward to. :goodvibes

Agreed :)

It's 7am on a Sunday and I am wide awake. There's only 2 reasons why that would be:

1) Me and my friends are going to a Pats game and we are getting to Foxboro early for some epic tailgatin.

Or

2) It's a Disney trip cornerstone date

Since this a Disney trip thread, I'll save you the suspense. It's our FP+ day. Wish us luck.

... What they said. Go out with a bang. Plus, on the way out you can hit Mouse Gear for any of those "I really like this xxxxx, but do I really need it?" purchases.

It's 7am on a Sunday and I am wide awake. There's only 2 reasons why that would be:

1) Me and my friends are going to a Pats game and we are getting to Foxboro early for some epic tailgatin.

Or

Since this a Disney trip thread, I'll save you the suspense. It's our FP+ day. Wish us luck.

... What they said. Go out with a bang. Plus, on the way out you can hit Mouse Gear for any of those "I really like this xxxxx, but do I really need it?" purchases.

FP+ and tailgate day-never thought these 2 greats can be used in the same sentence. Epic.

Or

Oh no! It's actually 8am EST. I hope your not an hour late making FP selections!

No, keep your plan as is. If Dec. 22 is your last park day, keep your CP package on that day. You want something to look forward to on your last day. Don't do something low key. That's depressing. End your trip with something you've been looking forward to. :goodvibes

I would normally agree with keeping things as-is, the whole point of booking CP for the last day was to have something special that evening...but I don't feel like an MK day and a low key evening at another park would be depressing at all. Plus, I'll be back in May and next October, so missing out buying something isn't going to be an issue (plus, shop disney parks app for purchases is at play as well). Switching our CP day doesn't mean we can't/won't still go back to Epcot that evening, it just means our CP would be on a full Epcot day, and not a split one...trying to do MK in the morning and then get to our Candlelight Processional San Angel reservation at 2pm for the 5:00 show seems rushed, and it makes me uncomfortable. It would also give us an opportunity to see Fantasmic, which is not currently in our plans.
I'm afraid I will be more disappointed in shortchanging our MK time on our last park day. I can't go back that evening because it's a party night. I've never ended a trip anywhere other than the Magic Kingdom on the last day, which is causing my internal conflict I think.

Both dining reservations are available for my alternate days with a variety of times, it's just a matter of making the final decision.

Thanks for your input, everyone! It's helping me think about why I feel compelled to switch...your reasoning for keeping it the way it is is actually helping me realize why it may be all wrong - I think I planned it in a way that makes sense on paper, but doesn't make sense to my heart...I think it's an emotional thing.

I need to reevaluate, take a step back, and figure out how I really feel.

I would normally agree with keeping things as-is, the whole point of booking CP for the last day was to have something special that evening...but I don't feel like an MK day and a low key evening at another park would be depressing at all. Plus, I'll be back in May and next October, so missing out buying something isn't going to be an issue (plus, shop disney parks app for purchases is at play as well). Switching our CP day doesn't mean we can't/won't still go back to Epcot that evening, it just means our CP would be on a full Epcot day, and not a split one...trying to do MK in the morning and then get to our Candlelight Processional San Angel reservation at 2pm for the 5:00 show seems rushed, and it makes me uncomfortable. It would also give us an opportunity to see Fantasmic, which is not currently in our plans.
I'm afraid I will be more disappointed in shortchanging our MK time on our last park day. I can't go back that evening because it's a party night. I've never ended a trip anywhere other than the Magic Kingdom on the last day, which is causing my internal conflict I think.

Both dining reservations are available for my alternate days with a variety of times, it's just a matter of making the final decision.

Thanks for your input, everyone! It's helping me think about why I feel compelled to switch...your reasoning for keeping it the way it is is actually helping me realize why it may be all wrong - I think I planned it in a way that makes sense on paper, but doesn't make sense to my heart...I think it's an emotional thing.

I need to reevaluate, take a step back, and figure out how I really feel.

I Did the first group's FP today- I did need to tweek the times with all of the ADR's, CP and MVMCP. So- envision your FP and see if everything works! I found that adding FP to the equation made sense with the park and food plan we had.

FP+ and tailgate day-never thought these 2 greats can be used in the same sentence. Epic.

It's just like those old Reece's Peanut Butter Cup commercial.

Oh no! It's actually 8am EST. I hope your not an hour late making FP selections!

Don't worry. I was up at 7am, but the computer didn't FINALLY finish applying the updates until 7:45.

But I did get most of the FP+ that I wanted, and close to the times that I wanted. It is really tough to book them without bumping into dining res'ies and without having to criss cross the park.

All in all, it was a good morning.

I Did the first group's FP today- I did need to tweek the times with all of the ADR's, CP and MVMCP. So- envision your FP and see if everything works! I found that adding FP to the equation made sense with the park and food plan we had.

that's what I was working on last night when this whole issue came up. I have my preferred FP times laid out and ready to book next Sunday.

*sigh*

I might leave it alone for now. We've been known to blow off our plans once we're there anyway and change FPs and add/subtract reservations.

I think I might be burned out on planning?? Having had this trip booked for a year and a half in advance, I think I'm getting tired of thinking about it, and I'm just ready to be living it!!

So I was thinking about our day at Universal- While my wife and I are really only going to rummage around Diagon alley and Hogsmead with our grandson, i'm a bit concerned about some of the ride experiences. Few years back we did Mission Space-Orange and pretty much lost the rest of the day due to motion sickness-( I remember we sat for almost an hour after the ride to recoup-then almost relapsed on the land)

Looking at Escape from Gringotts and the reviews say its tame and close to BTMRR ride-

Anyone ride Escape before? Don't feel like getting sick (cost of US tickets and take the fun out of being there).

So I was thinking about our day at Universal- While my wife and I are really only going to rummage around Diagon alley and Hogsmead with our grandson, i'm a bit concerned about some of the ride experiences. Few years back we did Mission Space-Orange and pretty much lost the rest of the day due to motion sickness-( I remember we sat for almost an hour after the ride to recoup-then almost relapsed on the land)

Looking at Escape from Gringotts and the reviews say its tame and close to BTMRR ride-

Anyone ride Escape before? Don't feel like getting sick (cost of US tickets and take the fun out of being there).

I just got back from my first trip to Universal, and had experience with this; I handled the Gringotts ride well. It was fun but it did have motion... I'd say if you married BTMRR and Star Tours you'd about have the experience. Now, I also rode the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Ride that is in the castle on the Islands of Adventure side and it made me sicker than a dog... and I'm someone who likes roller coasters. I actually compared it to how Mission Space Orange made me feel, only I actually lost more time from Forbidden Journey, as I was sick for about an hour and a half afterward, will never ride it again. lol

My friend who suffers from motion sickness handled Gringotts ok, and thank goodness she didn't go on Forbidden Journey with me. However, just taking in the scenery and shopping in the shops is a lot of fun, so don't feel like you are missing anything grand if you decide not to ride Gringotts!

I just got back from my first trip to Universal, and had experience with this; I handled the Gringotts ride well. It was fun but it did have motion... I'd say if you married BTMRR and Star Tours you'd about have the experience. Now, I also rode the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Ride that is in the castle on the Islands of Adventure side and it made me sicker than a dog... and I'm someone who likes roller coasters. I actually compared it to how Mission Space Orange made me feel, only I actually lost more time from Forbidden Journey, as I was sick for about an hour and a half afterward, will never ride it again. lol

My friend who suffers from motion sickness handled Gringotts ok, and thank goodness she didn't go on Forbidden Journey with me. However, just taking in the scenery and shopping in the shops is a lot of fun, so don't feel like you are missing anything grand if you decide not to ride Gringotts!

Thank-you- you pretty much confirmed what I thought. :)

So, I love Disney planning, however, I am stressing a little about the last two days of our trip. Dec. 17 and 18. The 17th I have Epcot and the 18th I have MK. However, MK on the 18th is a 10 on TP :0 and on the 17th it is a 9. Can you feel the difference between a 9 and 10. Also thinking that we would enjoy MK more knowing it is not our last day in the world. So, I think I have worked this out myself just by typing it, but any input is appreciated! I would have to change my ADR's that I worked so hard on if I switched, but I think I'm ok with that. My FP day is Friday, so I have to decide. I really wish FP was set up a little differently. It stresses me out too much having to know what hour I am at what location!

So, I love Disney planning, however, I am stressing a little about the last two days of our trip. Dec. 17 and 18. The 17th I have Epcot and the 18th I have MK. However, MK on the 18th is a 10 on TP :0 and on the 17th it is a 9. Can you feel the difference between a 9 and 10. Also thinking that we would enjoy MK more knowing it is not our last day in the world. So, I think I have worked this out myself just by typing it, but any input is appreciated! I would have to change my ADR's that I worked so hard on if I switched, but I think I'm ok with that. My FP day is Friday, so I have to decide. I really wish FP was set up a little differently. It stresses me out too much having to know what hour I am at what location!

From my POV it matters more which park you want to be your last and every person and family is different! I wouldn't let a 9/10 difference change something, but I would let where you want to end up potentially change your choice. Make sure to look at park hours and events too.

Mission Space Orange doesn't really bother me, other than no matter which side I'm on, I hate how closed in you feel. Gringotts wasn't bad, but I totally agree with Mome Rath about Forbidden Journey...it made me so sick, and I don't typically get motion sickness. It messed me up for the rest of the day.

The 18th is also a party night, so crowds might not be too bad before 4pm when the party guests arrive (like me! We'll be at the party that night).
4 - 7 could be where the 10 rating comes in.

My fp+ day is tomorrow! My dd4 was 40" tall at her last dr appointment a couple weeks ago. Considering getting a fp for BTM but not sure if they'll let her on. I know it says 40", but what if they measure wrong. And do you think she'd like it? She's been on little roller coasters and likes them.

What should I fp in AK? Not tall enough to for EE so I'm kind of at a loss. Thanks!

Mission Space Orange doesn't really bother me, other than no matter which side I'm on, I hate how closed in you feel.

I got a funny story about Mission Space and the color coordinating. BDLsgal and I are at the front of the building and I ask a cast member which way to the full experience version. He said to take the orange one. I look at the lines and ask "Which one is that?" He replied, "Are you color blind or something." With a straight face, I say "Yes." He's smiling and looks at BDLsgal and she goes. "Yeah. He really is." IMMEDIATELY, this poor soul collapsed in on himself, apologized and pointed out the direction. We said thank you and were on our way.

And to answer anybody that thinks I might've been torturing the poor guy, I am color blind. My vision amplifies the light around me. It allows me to see in the dark but can skew how I perceive colors vs. everyone else.

My fp+ day is tomorrow! My dd4 was 40" tall at her last dr appointment a couple weeks ago. Considering getting a fp for BTM but not sure if they'll let her on. I know it says 40", but what if they measure wrong. And do you think she'd like it? She's been on little roller coasters and likes them.

What should I fp in AK? Not tall enough to for EE so I'm kind of at a loss. Thanks!

For the height question, thick soled sneakers, like Sketchers. No flats, sandals or flip flops.

As for a FP+ at AK, I'm a huge fan of the Safari. Dinosaur might be too intense for the little one. BUT, you can get a FP+ for the character meet n greet.

Hello!!

I'm normally a big planner but things this year have gotten away from me and now I'm 2 days out from FP. Ack! Between the demise of crowd calendars and a last minuete change of plans from driving to flying, I'm totally out of sorts.

We're at CBR Dec 11-16. Not my first choice resort but the price was right and as we were going to have a car, I wasn't concerned with (what I feel to be) extended bus rides.

Must get my Disney butt in gear..must get my Disney butt in gear....

Sounds like everyone is doing well with their fast passes so far. Tomorrow is my fp+ day. Fx we get some good ones.

@xlsm i have no advice since I have no real experience with planning but when I havecan issue & I type it all out like you did, I usually feel better. And most of the time I figure out the answer on my own. Hopefully typing it out helped you & you're able to make a decision soon.

Took my kids for checkups today. The little one was 39 3/4 inches without shoes & my son was over 48". Yay! He's good for everything he wants to get on & dad should be good in a couple of months plus she'll be in sneakers. Also I went to Walmart today & bought glitter spray for dd's hair. I'm giving her a little bbb makeover of my own since she's not comfortable with strangers doing it. I also bought a couple of glow stick items. They had princess wands & a bunch of other choices for $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter