*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Has anyone started editing photopass pictures? I wasn't sure if there was an advantage to saving them as different sizes. How many copies of each photo can I have? It's been a few years since I've edited any! Thanks!!

I've learned the hard way that I should always obtain photos (from whatever source, not just photopass) in the absolute largest size available to me and retain them that way, aside from whatever I do editing them afterward. You never know what changes happen five or ten years later that may make the higher resolution worthwhile. It's always possible to reduce the resolution of a higher resolution photo but no way to increase the resolution of a lower resolution photo.

I've learned the hard way that I should always obtain photos (from whatever source, not just photopass) in the absolute largest size available to me and retain them that way, aside from whatever I do editing them afterward. You never know what changes happen five or ten years later that may make the higher resolution worthwhile. It's always possible to reduce the resolution of a higher resolution photo but no way to increase the resolution of a lower resolution photo.
So just save them all as 8x10? Will they look ok shrinking them back down?

So just save them all as 8x10? Will they look ok shrinking them back down?
I've never used the service so I don't know what the different options actually deliver to you. If 8x10 is the largest size, then it is probably offering you the greatest resolution, which is what you want. The nature of digital photographs is exactly as I said earlier: It's always possible to reduce the resolution of a higher resolution photo but there is no way to increase the resolution of a lower resolution photo. There are loads of software tools that allow you to "shrink" a digital photo as small as you wish, and in doing so the photo looks perfectly fine (as long as you select the option to retain the aspect ratio). In reality, if they're offering you lower resolution (smaller) sizes, all they're doing is taking the original (full resolution) photo and shrinking it down for you.

Hi all. Just checking in with my December 2016 brethren and sistren. I fairly certain that I am not the only person that has been rough planning a 2018 trip (I'm sure some are already planning for this year).

Also, Not sure if anyone is interested, but the Disney store has started selling their March Madness t-shirts. If anyone wants a jersey themed t-shirt of their favorite Disney ride, snack or mascot, you can click HERE .

I hope to see some of you on an eventual 2018 thread.

We are already looking at holiday dates for 2018! Hard to believe 4 months have passed since being in the world!

We will most likely be back at WDW in December 2018 as well! We would be there this year, but the family has become rather attached to Universal as well, so I think we are going to have to start alternating years. It's never too early to start planning, though :)

Hi all. Just checking in with my December 2016 brethren and sistren. I fairly certain that I am not the only person that has been rough planning a 2018 trip (I'm sure some are already planning for this year).

Also, Not sure if anyone is interested, but the Disney store has started selling their March Madness t-shirts. If anyone wants a jersey themed t-shirt of their favorite Disney ride, snack or mascot, you can click HERE .

I hope to see some of you on an eventual 2018 thread.

Those shirts are really cool.

We made the return trip I mentioned previously last week, as part of our typical three-trip year (week-weekend-week) to make an annual pass worthwhile.

The cost has gone up so high. We spent about $800 on meals last week - still less than the cost of the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan, which closely resembles what we actually spent our money on, but still a good bit of money. And those annual passes we used this past year will now cost about $1200 for the two of us.

The cost has gone up so high that we briefly considered selling our DVC membership and not returning to WDW for a while, but we had an incredible 1BR villa at Kidani Village last week that convinced us, as long as we can exchange into there, we'll still enjoy returning enough to warrant the cost. (But just barely.)

We're not planning another trip yet, but we have our tentative plans in place. We'll use our DVC points for this coming year mostly on one overnight at Vero Beach in November before our Royal Caribbean cruise, and a week at Hilton Head as home base for day trips to Savannah GA and Charleston SC. Then we'll return to WDW, switching from Spring-Fall-Spring back to what we used to do several years ago: Fall-Winter-Fall. So we'll aim for a return visit to Kidani Village in the second week of November 2018 followed by a weekend in early February 2019 and the first week of November 2019. Then another year off for our points balance to catch up.

We'll be headed to Aulani for the first time this upcoming December. So excited! I'll miss WDW, but I'm all about relaxation this time around - much needed!

Can't believe it's 3 months since we got back already!!! It's gone so fast
We are heading to California in September and our first visit to Disneyland - we weren't supposed to be going anywhere this year as I'm hoping to do the Panama Canal cruise next year but our friends are getting married in Vegas so it would be rude to fly 4000 miles and be so close to the magic and not go wouldn't it??? Super excited

We also weren't supposed to go anywhere this year, but have somehow booked more flights to the United States :D Now we have a 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise booked along with 2 weeks at Disneyworld and 3 days at Disneyland....... I just don't know how that happened?? :P I blame Disney entirely for giving us the bonus month on our WDW annual passes last year, even though we purchased the tickets before they had that promotion.... naughty Disney!! All your fault for making us have these amazing magical family vacations!!!! :worship:

We are already looking at holiday dates for 2018! Hard to believe 4 months have passed since being in the world!

Seems like we just left! We're looking at the week after Thanksgiving 2018!

We will most likely be back at WDW in December 2018 as well! We would be there this year, but the family has become rather attached to Universal as well, so I think we are going to have to start alternating years. It's never too early to start planning, though :)

We are going November/December 2018, the week after Thanksgiving! :) So excited to start planning again at some point! My husband LOVES Universal, but we haven't been since before kids. What ages are your kids? There's so many awesome roller coasters at Islands of Adventure and I want my kids to be old enough that we can all enjoy it before we go back.

We are going November/December 2018, the week after Thanksgiving! :) So excited to start planning again at some point! My husband LOVES Universal, but we haven't been since before kids. What ages are your kids? There's so many awesome roller coasters at Islands of Adventure and I want my kids to be old enough that we can all enjoy it before we go back.

They were 12 and 5 when we went last summer (13 and 6 now, will be 14 and 7 when we go back). I was worried my younger one wouldn't get as much out of it, but he loved it! Most days, he still says he likes it better than WDW even. There are some great coasters, but plenty for the young ones to do as well. He still won't be tall enough for Hulk this time (it was in refurb when we were there last year) but at this point, I suspect we'll be going back every couple of years, so it's okay :)

We are on the Dream in early March - maybe the 5th? It will be our first cruise ever... we are very excited!
And now I crunched some numbers... going to WDW and staying at a value with 2 park days instead of doing KSC/Cocoa Beach along with the cruise only adds about $200 to the trip in my estimates. And then we could see Pandora, the Star Wars fireworks (curse you, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam!), Flower and Garden...

We would only get a half day at each park but it is tempting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter