*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

I'm trying to make a final decision.

MVMCP is on the top of my Mom's Disney wish list.

We arrive at 8:55am (need to be at the airport at 4am!!!) on the 13th.

I have a feeling the girls (niece's 1st trip...she is 5 and daughter is 8) will be super amped up to hit MK, but we have our MK day scheduled for the 14th.

I can't decide if we (or at least the girls!) should take long naps as soon as we can get into our room and hit MVMCP that first night, or wait until the 15th, which is the night before we leave (10:25PM flght that Friday night)

I don't want to push it, but I'm not sure HS has enough "wow" for the girls for a first day/evening at Disney....

Any thoughts?

I have a feeling the girls (niece's 1st trip...she is 5 and daughter is 8) will be super amped up to hit MK, but we have our MK day scheduled for the 14th.

I can't decide if we (or at least the girls!) should take long naps as soon as we can get into our room and hit MVMCP that first night, or wait until the 15th, which is the night before we leave (10:25PM flght that Friday night)

I don't want to push it, but I'm not sure HS has enough "wow" for the girls for a first day/evening at Disney....

Any thoughts?
I would be really nervous that I would have a plane delay or cancellation that day even though you are arriving really early in the morning. If you aren't too worried about that I think the arrival night party is something that the girls will remember for a long while!

Getting ready to do our FP on Saturday morning! Decided tonight we will tell our son about the trip so he can help pick out the FP he wants! My DH has been teasing him for a little while that we have a "secret secret" (Mr. Roboto anyone :cool1:) and I put the t-shirts I bought him, the Christmas Party tickets, and the special Olaf band in a Mickey Mouse bag and stapled it shut. He has been asking to open it for a couple weeks now and it is just killing him not knowing what it is! (I know I am the meanest Disney Mom ever!!!) I can't wait to see what he says! :jumping1:

Can any of you pros give me a little insight to what the crowds will be like 17-22nd compared to 24-31st? Kenny The Pirates website shows it as "very busy" the 17th-22nd and I am just trying to guage expectations with a 4 year old and 6 year old with mild autism. I'm guessing hitting all rides during our MK days will not be possible, so I'm hoping to do it all over two days.

I've never went right before a big holiday and it is making me a bit nervous about seeing overwhelming crowds. I'm planning on being up at 6 AM most of next week to try and get all of my kids "must haves" for FP+.

I appreciate the advice.. this will only be my second trip to "modern" disney.

Another question... this will my first time doing the 60 day FP thing. Will I be able to do my entire trip on the 60th day, or just the day that is 60 days away?

Any thoughts?

As a person that is very pro-nap on party days, I'd say go from the airport to the resort and check in. The room may, or may not be ready at that time. If it is, get to your room, settle, unpack, etc... Saying if everything went smooth, that would put you at about 11am-12n. You will be able to enter the park with just the MVMCP tix. So that would give 4 hrs to grab lunch and nap/rest/pool. If the room is not ready, I would leave the bags at the luggage room, and take the 1st bus to Disney Springs. Grab lunch, do some shopping, maybe see Santa and wait for the text notification. Get back to the resort, unpack and then nap/rest (no time for pool). And I don't think a nap will be too tough for the girls. The adrenaline should fade about this time and they should crash.

All new holiday nighttime show at HS starting November 14th through December 31st. This will mean no Star Wars fireworks show. There is a dessert party offered for the holiday show.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ollywood-studios-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Dagnabbit, you beat me to it.

But anyhoo... It does look pretty cool. But makes me wonder; Did they do this because they actually listened to the outrage of a lack of Osbourne lights? Or did they do this (possibly in a rush) to cover for the fact that River of Light won't be premiering until May at the earliest and they needed some sort of night time show?

Either case, I will be arguing with the angels and demons on my shoulders til we get down there.

Demon- "You should look at Youtube and see the new Christmas show"

Angel- "No. You should wait and embrace the surprise."

D- "You gonna listen to that wimp? They took Osbourne lights away from you. You should watch it to find the best place to stand"

A- "No. Think about the wonder you felt the 1st time you saw Osbourne Lights. AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WIMP?!'"

D- "You heard me!"

A- "You wanna piece of me...?!?!"

Whoops. Sorry about that. But yes, I will be in attendance.

Dagnabbit, you beat me to it.

But anyhoo... It does look pretty cool. But makes me wonder; Did they do this because they actually listened to the outrage of a lack of Osbourne lights? Or did they do this (possibly in a rush) to cover for the fact that River of Light won't be premiering until May at the earliest and they needed some sort of night time show?

Either case, I will be arguing with the angels and demons on my shoulders til we get down there.

Demon- "You should look at Youtube and see the new Christmas show"

Angel- "No. You should wait and embrace the surprise."

D- "You gonna listen to that wimp? They took Osbourne lights away from you. You should watch it to find the best place to stand"

A- "No. Think about the wonder you felt the 1st time you saw Osbourne Lights. AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WIMP?!'"

D- "You heard me!"

A- "You wanna piece of me...?!?!"

Whoops. Sorry about that. But yes, I will be in attendance.

I only have to hold out about 10 days to avoid watching it in advance of our trip. That is going to be a tough struggle though!

And more Disney news. Geez they are on a roll today....

Just saw that Haunted Mansion's refurb got extended so now it's from 11/28-12/5.

For anyone that was looking for princess fairytale hall FP+ they just opened up today. Elena is now with Cinderella starting Nov 24 and Tiana is still with Rapunzel.
Was just going to post this. So happy that rapunzel is still there! DD will be so excited about all of them! Glad I wasn't hoping to see aurora!

Last edited:
Can any of you pros give me a little insight to what the crowds will be like 17-22nd compared to 24-31st? Kenny The Pirates website shows it as "very busy" the 17th-22nd and I am just trying to guage expectations with a 4 year old and 6 year old with mild autism. I'm guessing hitting all rides during our MK days will not be possible, so I'm hoping to do it all over two days.

I've never went right before a big holiday and it is making me a bit nervous about seeing overwhelming crowds. I'm planning on being up at 6 AM most of next week to try and get all of my kids "must haves" for FP+.

I appreciate the advice.. this will only be my second trip to "modern" disney.

Another question... this will my first time doing the 60 day FP thing. Will I be able to do my entire trip on the 60th day, or just the day that is 60 days away?

If you're onsite, you can make all of your FPs for your trip at 60 days out, for up to 10 days total.

It will be very, very crowded the 24 - 31. There is the potential for the parks to reach capacity on a few of those days...primarily at the Magic Kingdom. I would check out a few Disney blogs to research that. HERE is a pretty good resource with a decent explanation, and historical data.

This will be our first trip during the holiday season (we're summer travelers), and I've been researching it for almost two years to keep up with all the changes (but I help others plan trips, so I try to stay up to date with as much as I can...there's also a chance I'm a little crazy). Many of the others on this thread are regulars at the holiday time and I'm sure they'll chime in with helpful tips, too!

It's natural to feel nervous, but my best advice is to know your family, know what they can handle and what will be overwhelming, and don't be afraid to cut a day short (or just break it into smaller pieces in regards to park time) out of fear of "missing out". Yes, a trip to WDW is a big deal and can be very expensive, but it's not doing anyone any favors to think of it in monetary terms and "wasted" moments - Focus on making memories with your family and enjoying the time together...the memories will be much sweeter if you forget about trying to cram everything in.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!!

Ah, confirmation my waiting around on Star Wars dessert party has all been in vain. Now...time to wait for this one instead, LOL!

I read a couple of posts online that people were able to call and book it online. But they were booking before 12/11. I'm a little sad my son won't see the SW fireworks but he doesn't know about them. Plus the Christmas show looks pretty awesome and I LOVE Christmas.

Eeeek! Now I'm wondering if I should book an Elena/Cinderella fp so my kids can see Elena for sure. I have to look and see what i have and what can be changed.

I called and booked the JBJB dessert party for 12/3. The CM on the phone wasn't at all confused when I said what I wanted to book. The wait time was 30 minutes though.

I called and booked the JBJB dessert party for 12/3. The CM on the phone wasn't at all confused when I said what I wanted to book. The wait time was 30 minutes though.

I don't suppose the cast member let you know where the dessert party would be located, did they? We had attended an Osbourne Lights dessert party, once. And though it my have seemed a little removed, you were still surrounded by the lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter