• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Question about 7am EMH's at MK:

I'm starting to freak out a little bit about these. From my understanding there will still be a welcome show, correct? So that would probably start around 6:40am?

I think last year (June 2015) we arrived at MK about 45mins to an hour before park opening (9am, non-EMH). There were already many guests there but not tons, we were past the tapstiles and about 10 feet back from the "wall" looking at the train station. Will these 7am EMH's be similar to that? Do I have to arrive at 6am to be within the tapstiles? I can't imagine being at the bus stop at 5am :eek:

This will be the week before Christmas, 17-22nd. Thanks!

I posted on the December Dining Reservation page but also wanted to post here. I have a BOG dinner for 2 on December 14th at 6:20pm if any one would like it. I was able to get a better time another day and thought I would pass this reservation along to some one who would like it! This is a non party night.

Gone! Successful transfer!

Last edited:
What happens if your magic bands are in a checked bag that gets lost? Do you recommend keeping them in your carry-on? We leave in 36h so I'm over analyzing every detail :rolleyes1

What happens if your magic bands are in a checked bag that gets lost? Do you recommend keeping them in your carry-on? We leave in 36h so I'm over analyzing every detail :rolleyes1

I always keep ours in our carry on bag. They scan them when you get to the magical express, so as soon as we get off the plane I grab the bands and off we go!

Question about 7am EMH's at MK:

I'm starting to freak out a little bit about these. From my understanding there will still be a welcome show, correct? So that would probably start around 6:40am?

I think last year (June 2015) we arrived at MK about 45mins to an hour before park opening (9am, non-EMH). There were already many guests there but not tons, we were past the tapstiles and about 10 feet back from the "wall" looking at the train station. Will these 7am EMH's be similar to that? Do I have to arrive at 6am to be within the tapstiles? I can't imagine being at the bus stop at 5am :eek:

This will be the week before Christmas, 17-22nd. Thanks!

I don't think you're going to need to be there an hour before on a 7am opening morning. We did an 8am non-EMH morning in summer when hours were extended because of crowds, and it wasn't an issue getting in at all

This was taken about 20 minutes before the gates opened:

In the dark and cold of a December morning, I just really don't think it's going to be essential to arrive more than 30 minutes before opening. I plan to do at least one MK morning at 7am, even if the rest of my family doesn't join until later, and I'm not planning to be any earlier than 6:30.

I could be way off base, of course, but I'm willing to take the risk...because there's no 5am bus stop in my future, LOL!

We are leaving Thursday and will be there for 2 weeks. Almost completely packed and super excited!!

I don't think you're going to need to be there an hour before on a 7am opening morning. We did an 8am non-EMH morning in summer when hours were extended because of crowds, and it wasn't an issue getting in at all

This was taken about 20 minutes before the gates opened:

In the dark and cold of a December morning, I just really don't think it's going to be essential to arrive more than 30 minutes before opening. I plan to do at least one MK morning at 7am, even if the rest of my family doesn't join until later, and I'm not planning to be any earlier than 6:30.

I could be way off base, of course, but I'm willing to take the risk...because there's no 5am bus stop in my future, LOL!

Ok thank you! I wasn't sure how many people actually show up for the 7am EMHs. And I don't even know if buses run at 5am for a 7am opening. We will plan on being at the bus stop around 5:45-6am. Thanks for helping to ease my mind.

Looks like those of us who wanted to see Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular won't have to miss out after all...it'll be showing again starting 12/16. It makes our nights a little later a couple of times, but excited to see it after thinking we'd be missing out.

Looks like those of us who wanted to see Star Wars:A Galactic Spectacular won't have to miss out after all...it'll be showing again starting 12/16. It makes our nights a little later a couple of times, but excited to see it after thinking we'd be missing out.

I was excited to see that but the 2 nights we'll be there the FW start pretty late. 10:30 on the 16th and 9:30 on the 17th which is our last night. I don't think my daughter could hang that late on the 16th and we have an early flight on the 18th so we weren't going to stay out late on the 17th. If it works out while we are there then great. If not then maybe next time.

The 16th was already out HS night and DS was bummed we weren't going to be able to see it. So excited to see this show! We missed it this summer but was able to watch high works from our balcony!

I was excited to see that the fireworks have been added on to our last night! When I went through the times it looks like a few nights the hours have changed for the parks so people may want to go in and check the hours for your stays. Only a few days away, can't wait!!

Just went and checked our hours for the 16th and now open until 10:30 and EMH until 12:30! Don't know if we will stay the whole time but it is nice to have that option!

Just went and checked our hours for the 16th and now open until 10:30 and EMH until 12:30! Don't know if we will stay the whole time but it is nice to have that option!

I noticed that today as well! That's our first day in Disney and we have a very early flight that morning so I already said we'll have to take a break after dinner so we can go enjoy the night. We're late night people so I definitely like the 12:30 close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter