*~~Official December 2016 Thread~~*

Got home after midnight (just to the airport, had to drive and hour and a half home) after many delayed flights to find out our luggage was not there! AHHH! After a mini melt down (it had been a really long day) and reassuring my DS that we would get our luggage back we drove home and then collapsed! On a positive note we did get a call that our luggage arrived at the airport and they were going to overnight it so it should be here tomorrow! We had an amazing trip and got to do a lot of things that we had never done before and just soaked it all in. We stayed at ASSports and really enjoyed it. Nice little resort that we wouldn't hesitate to stay at again. Only "complaint " was that the soda dispensers didn't always work the first time and they had a lot of the buttons broken. Definitely in need of a refurb and the hot chocolate machines (there are 4) didn't work or were out half of the time. We had no problem changing a couple QS to 3 snacks on the last day either. Hope that everyone else is having a great trip or had one!

Been back home from our trip for a few hours now. Really sad but we had such a great trip!

The weather was wonderful, although last night got a bit cold and Tuesday night we got some rain but we put our ponchos on and kept on moving.

We never really had a problem with the busses. Only one night leaving MK was the line a bit outrageous, otherwise every night ran pretty smoothly.

Stayed at Pop Century and we were happy with it, as usual. We had a lake view and it was very quiet and nice. Although every single morning at about 8 AM they started doing some stuff outside, every morning it woke me up but I fell back asleep pretty quickly.

Some nights if the bus line was bad we would jump on an AOA bus and just walk across the bridge, that saved us quite a bit of time some nights.

One thing I really enjoyed was Star Wars Galactic Spectacular! It was awesome! I reallllllyyyy hope that show sticks around, we loved it!

We went this same week last year and I have to say it was a huge difference. Last year we were always getting stuck in huge crowds and never able to switch or make extra fast passes at night. This year though, yeah it was crowded but it didn't feel anything like last year. We never once did standby for anything, we were always able to find what we wanted throughout the day. Sometimes it took some refreshing on the app but something always showed up. Yesterday we decided we didn't want to do MK during the day since it was such a late night there and we were easily able to switch all our passes to another park and then continued that night into MK finding everything we wanted. It was such a different experience from last year.

All of our dining was great and we were able to check in early a couple times when we tried. Last night we did Be Our Guest, our original reservation was for 5:20 but knowing we wanted to park hop we asked if we could check in at 4:30 if possible. The girl said she would put us on as checked in but we would probably be waiting until our original time to be seated. Well, we turned the corner to walk up the bridge and about 30 seconds later got our text saying our table was ready.

All in all it was a great trip and we don't really have any complaints!

Now to start thinking about next year..

Just back from my 50th Birthday trip:

Highlights-
Wild Africa Trek
Chef's Domain dinner at Citrico's
Holiday Dessert Party
Tiffins!

Lowlights-
Staying at the Dolphin

For those of you who will be leaving soon and are planning on using the new express bus system to park hop, be aware that the hours have been adjusted for 12/30 & 12/31.
On 12/30 and 12/31, Express Transportation will only be available from 10:00am-8:00pm

Back home! Pretty good trip...crowds were great, not any worse than our usual July or August trips. MVMCP on 12/18 was good...abandoned original plan of character meets and did rides instead, everything we wanted to do was walk on.

I'll get a trip report started before long: we partied, resort hopped, and had a trip to urgent care, so lots to talk about, LOL!!

I hope everyone else had or is having an amazing trip and safe travels!!

Back home. Time to plan the next one! :yay:

This was the first time our family had tried Ohana. It will be one of my favorite meals in WDW for sure! They were behind about an hour for reservations, so we had to wait awhile - the only downside.
SSR is beautiful and the Grandstand section was perfect with the bus schedule. We didn't really utilize the close proximity to Disney Springs because we had a toddler in tow, but if it were just my husband and I we would have walked over nightly.

So....many of you have gone, enjoyed and are already back home. However for us, we are packing and fly out tomorrow!! Finally it is our turn! Looking forward to a great trip, the weather looks good, and the plans are all in place. We will enjoy 5 days running around Disney before we get on our 6 day NCL cruise to relax and recover. And I am packing some extra patience as we expect crowds to be at their peak.
Safe travels all! Let the fun begin!!

Last edited:
So....many of you have gone, enjoyed and are already back home. However for us, we are packing and fly out tomorrow!! Finally it is our turn! Looking forward to a great trip, the weather looks good, and the plans are all in place. We will enjoy 5 days running around Disney before we get on our 6 day NCL cruise to relax and recover. And I am packing some extra patience as we expect crowds to be at their peak.
Safe travels all! Let the fun begin!!

We are driving down now! We will check in tomorrow! Enjoy your trip! :)

Hi everybody. Been away for a while. But now the holidays are over, I'm back at work, now I have time to share.

First, I hope everybody had the trips that they hoped they were and enjoyed every second of their time in WDW.

Our trip was AMAZING. Sure we had the hurdle of 85* with 85% humidity for most of our vaca (I'll share some of the photopass pics when we download them), but we made this trip with fun and firsts in mind. This trip, we took in some shows, new restaurants, new meet n greets and new/new versions of rides. Check, check, check & check. When I get more time I'll try to write a TR.

Happy New Year everyone. And I'm sure, I'm not the only 1 that is already looking at another trip. In particular, 2018. I know all the big reveals are scheduled for 2017. Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, (sigh) Avataar Land, and maybe even Rivers of Light. But that's why 2018. Let the crowds subside a bit.

If I start writing my TR, I'll let you know. Have a great 2017.

We had a great trip & have decided to book another at the end of November/beginning of December 2017.

My dd4 is usually very shy & doesn't like to try new things. But she was a whole different kid on this trip. It was so nice to see her come out of her shell. I've never seen her smile so much.

We were able to do everything that we wanted to on this trip but didn't stop to enjoy our surroundings enough. We're going to slowdown the next trip.

We had a great trip & have decided to book another at the end of November/beginning of December 2017.

My dd4 is usually very shy & doesn't like to try new things. But she was a whole different kid on this trip. It was so nice to see her come out of her shell. I've never seen her smile so much.

We were able to do everything that we wanted to on this trip but didn't stop to enjoy our surroundings enough. We're going to slowdown the next trip.

That is when we are going next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!