~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

My mom and I just booked for April 24th-May 2nd and I cannot contain my excitement!!! :hyper::mickeyjum

95 days to go and we already snagged a reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table!!! :dance3:princess:

Doing the happy dance here!!! Going on a Sister's trip WOO HOO.. April 22nd through April 29th! Staying off site.

Flower and Garden Festival 2017 here we come!!!

I was able to move my akershus breakfast to a day earlier, so we can have our first full day in Epcot.

I was planning to run to fea after breakfast, but given the issues I'm reading about breakdowns, I've decided to try to fast pass it and then do soarin first, then the race track.

I am not hopeful about that fast pass, but can try again on our last day trip day, also at ep. I'll secure the last day first. If I can't get the first day fea, might go ahead with the original plan and try to swap out the fast pass with fea at the 45 and 30 day mark. (That worked for us for the frozen meet and greet).

I have my alarm set for fastpass day, luckily it is on a weekend so won't be late for work.

We will all be starting soon!

April Revelers - hear ye, hear ye!

I have booked an Illuminations cruise on Sunday April 6. We are four; there are six open spots. In addition to the spouse, I've got an 11 yo DS and a 7 yo DD. We would love to share this with other peoples!!!

The total cost is $371 and change. I'd like to fill all spots, but it's ok if not. I'm asking $41 cash per person, which would, should we get all 10 people, include a $40 tip. If I can get at least three more people, I'll cover the remaining empty seat cost - meaning, you only pay $41, no more.

More details:
I'll take your cash when we meet on the dock.

It comes with chips and soda.

Right now the boat is scheduled to leave at 8 from yacht club, and everyone must be there by 7:45. If illuminations changes, I will change the boat time.

I can cancel up to 2 full days prior. I will do so if:
  • I do not have at least three more people, unless I have one or two who want to join who are willing to cover the cost of three.
  • It looks like a really really good chance of rain (but I'll try to find another night, too). I will be watching the weather like a hawk. (I will not cancel if it's just sprinkling or off and on.)
  • Illuminations is cancelled.

Aprilers- I moved my cruise to Thursday, April 6. I've updated my original post, too. Let me know if you have interest.

Last edited:

We will be there April 14 - 22 at CBR. We generally go during our school's April vacation, but with it following Easter Sunday, I'm a bit nervous.
Oddly I keep going back and forth, at first since Easter is so much later this year, we were thinking it wouldn't be *as* busy as say, March or early April. Then crowd calendars scared the crap out of me :scared1:( not that I'm changing anything but just what a pain!). Then They extended the Express Transportation. Hooray! I've had to change days by one because of a massive difference in airfare, and I kind of revamped my ADRs. I canNOT believe some that are STILL out there for our week (18-23 April):confused3, so now I'm back to thinking perhaps it's not sooo terribly full already. :rotfl:

Hello all!
We are going from the 7 through the 11th, party of 6 with two first timers. I'm having surgery that will keep me on the couch all summer so I'm looking to make this trip tons of fun to last me for a while! Does anyone think they will extend park hours for that week? Everything closes so early.

Hello all!
We are going from the 7 through the 11th, party of 6 with two first timers. I'm having surgery that will keep me on the couch all summer so I'm looking to make this trip tons of fun to last me for a while! Does anyone think they will extend park hours for that week? Everything closes so early.

Most likely some parks will extend. I went around this time two years ago and it looks like MK got the most changes. AK did not stay open past 7pm at all; however, if Rivers of Light is running, I expect that may change.

The hours didn't change until closer to the trip, so it may be awhile before we see changes.

We will be there at the same time; hope you have a great vacation!

Ok folks, April 7-11. Which would be better for 9 am opening time at MK. EMH or 8:05 BOG? I'm thinking EMH but would love input!

Emh would give you a wonderful hour in fantasyland and tomorrowland. We are doing it, same week.

I do want to note that when we were there in 2015, the week before Easter, MK hours got changed to open at 8am, with emh at 7. Wdw will definitely change their park hours closer to April, but not sure if they will do the same opening as 2015 for MK. This would impact the 9th through 11th if they do. I don't know what wdw did for the week before the week before Easter, so don't know about the earlier dates.

Anyone doing Fastpasses today? I'm up tomorrow. I'll add my experience here once done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter