~~***Official April 2017 Thread***~~

NINETY NINE DAYS!!

Staying at POR from April 19th to May 3rd, my first time on property. Could not be more excited if we tried. Honestly, like a kid at Christmas. Going for my traditional 'Celebrating the Big Ones' trip having been for my 20th, 30th and now my 40th, along with my boyfriend's 26th (we have birthdays conveniently close to each other). I do not intend to start that growing up business on this trip..

Already made ADRs for Ohana, Homecoming, Be Our Guest, 50s Prime Time, Sanaa, Narcoossee's (for our birthdays), The Wave, Hoop-de-Doo, Raglan Road and Boma. Got a spreadsheet and everything.

Did I mention that I'm quite excited?

I've been lurking on this forum for waaaaay too long but figured that since we're into double digits it was time to dive in, so..... hello!

*does happy dance*

NINETY NINE DAYS!!

Staying at POR from April 19th to May 3rd, my first time on property. Could not be more excited if we tried. Honestly, like a kid at Christmas. Going for my traditional 'Celebrating the Big Ones' trip having been for my 20th, 30th and now my 40th, along with my boyfriend's 26th (we have birthdays conveniently close to each other). I do not intend to start that growing up business on this trip..

Already made ADRs for Ohana, Homecoming, Be Our Guest, 50s Prime Time, Sanaa, Narcoossee's (for our birthdays), The Wave, Hoop-de-Doo, Raglan Road and Boma. Got a spreadsheet and everything.

I've been lurking on this forum for waaaaay too long but figured that since we're into double digits it was time to dive in, so..... hello!

*does happy dance*

Happy dances are always welcome! :cool1:

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

We are at 79 days so I understand your excitement!!!

NINETY NINE DAYS!!

*does happy dance*
Made it to our double digits yesterday, so all about those happy dances too

We had decided not to go on the April trip, but then changed our minds after getting a discount code. Well, err, perhaps I changed our minds. ;)

We went for the first time in 2015, the week before Easter. It was amazing, went so very well given it was, well, crazy there.

Hoping to recreate some of that magic this time.

Made some adrs, canceled some adrs, hoping to find other adrs free up at the 45 and 30 day mark.

I may reserve an illuminations cruise, if only to not camp out. I know it's not the best view that can be had, but the thought of the crowds and how long to sit/stand makes me queasy.

I am very excited; pretty sure we are not going to tell the kids until the weekend before.

Ok all,

What are you looking forward to the most this visit?

Me: trader sam's grog grotto, expedition Everest, haunted mansion, sleepy hallow Nutella waffle, akershus breakfast.

Dh: drinking around the world, akershus breakfast

Kids don't know, but when I asked what they like from the last trip one said he liked the pool and the other said the food. Not sure who we are going for ;)

As a whole, we're looking forward to:
Our first onsite stay
Beach Club villas
Storm along bay

Me - trying the Nutella waffle...I'm on a mission for it, lol. Also, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion.

Daughter - Ohana breakfast with Stitch...he's her favorite character.

Husband - staying onsite this time and not having to drive! And Animal Kingdom, it's his favorite park.

Son - Expedition Everest, Tower out Terror, Space Mountain

As a whole, we're looking forward to:
Our first onsite stay
Beach Club villas
Storm along bay

Me - trying the Nutella waffle...I'm on a mission for it, lol. Also, Peter Pan, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion.

Daughter - Ohana breakfast with Stitch...he's her favorite character.

Husband - staying onsite this time and not having to drive! And Animal Kingdom, it's his favorite park.

Son - Expedition Everest, Tower out Terror, Space Mountain

The Nutella waffle!!! I packed a ton of stuff into our first trip and dropped a whole lot after we were there, realizing what was and was not possible for us given the reality of WDW, but the waffle, I kept. I sat my butt down at sleepy h and said this was our ride. I hope you make it- so good. Enjoy the Beach Club villas!

Anyone interesting in splitting an illumination cruise on April 7? I'm willing to book it, but would need to share as it is pricy. We are four, so that leaves up to 6 spots left. Let me know and I'll call and reserve. I would ask for payment before boarding the boat. I'll book it even if only one person is interested, but unless at least 3 more are interested or the other party wants to split the fee, I'll likely cancel. It is much $$ at ~ $371!

Anyone interesting in splitting an illumination cruise on April 7? I'm willing to book it, but would need to share as it is pricy. We are four, so that leaves up to 6 spots left. Let me know and I'll call and reserve. I would ask for payment before boarding the boat. I'll book it even if only one person is interested, but unless at least 3 more are interested or the other party wants to split the fee, I'll likely cancel. It is much $$ at ~ $371!
What a great idea! I'd be interested, but we're leaving Disney Wednesday morning (4/5) to head to Universal until Saturday. Hope you find a family to split with!

The Nutella waffle!!! I packed a ton of stuff into our first trip and dropped a whole lot after we were there, realizing what was and was not possible for us given the reality of WDW, but the waffle, I kept. I sat my butt down at sleepy h and said this was our ride. I hope you make it- so good. Enjoy the Beach Club villas!
I showed my daughter a picture of the waffle and she was like yes, please, lol. It's on our list of must try along with the doughnut sundae at Universal. Because calories don't count on vacation. Nope. :D

Last edited:
What a great idea! I'd be interested, but we're leaving Disney Wednesday morning (4/5) to head to Universal until Saturday. Hope you find a family to split with!

Thanks! I may book it anyway. Maybe others will find overlap and want to join. :)

April Revelers - hear ye, hear ye!

I have booked an Illuminations cruise on Thursday April 6. We are four; there are two open spots. In addition to the spouse, I've got an 11 yo DS and a 7 yo DD. Another group of four is also joining. We would love to share this with other peoples!!!

The total cost is $371 and change. I'd like to fill all spots, but it's ok if not. I'm asking $41 cash per person, which would, should we get all 10 people, include a $40 tip. If I can get at least three more people, I'll cover the remaining empty seat cost - meaning, you only pay $41, no more.

More details:
I'll take your cash when we meet on the dock.

It comes with chips and soda.

Right now the boat is scheduled to leave at 8 from yacht club, and everyone must be there by 7:45. If illuminations changes, I will change the boat time.

I can cancel up to 2 full days prior. I will do so if:
  • I do not have at least three more people, unless I have one or two who want to join who are willing to cover the cost of three.
  • It looks like a really really good chance of rain (but I'll try to find another night, too). I will be watching the weather like a hawk. (I will not cancel if it's just sprinkling or off and on.)
  • Illuminations is cancelled.

Last edited:
It's me again. Is anyone else antsy about wanting to book dessert parties or special events? I want to book a dessert party, but March just opened so I guess it will be awhile for April. I feel like things were already open for scheduling at this point in our first trip.

Or I could just be too excited and a wee bit obsessed...

I've looked at the dessert parties and special events and I just don't know. I think my family might be interested in the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party if they offer them and it in April. I am keeping an eye out. The After Hours thing at MK and the Early Morning Magic breakfast thing at MK has crossed my mind a time or two...but its probably a moot point as I doubt they will offer it during Spring Break time, so I won't have to make a decision on it, lol.

And what is this too much excitement you are speaking of?!?!:banana:

I've looked at the dessert parties and special events and I just don't know. I think my family might be interested in the Star Wars Fireworks dessert party if they offer them and it in April. I am keeping an eye out. The After Hours thing at MK and the Early Morning Magic breakfast thing at MK has crossed my mind a time or two...but its probably a moot point as I doubt they will offer it during Spring Break time, so I won't have to make a decision on it, lol.

And what is this too much excitement you are speaking of?!?!:banana:

:D

Yes, the Star Wars is one I want to book. I expect the regular EMH to be adjusted earlier and/or later throughout April, probably no time for the ticketed morning and evening extra time.

Yay! 76 here. I have an alarm scheduled for fast pass morning. :)

Saredaza- have you got all the adrs you wanted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter