"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't wait until the parties begin. I think I want to attend this year, but want to see how the reviews go before buying tickets. I'm not going until October 6, so I have time to decide. Any of you here going to one of the first parties?

We live in Hawaii which makes the time difference pretty significant when we travel so I'm not too concerned with the late night as 11pm EST is 5pm HST and we have the tendency to wake up later in the morning. We have 7 days at WDW and think we should be covering most attractions during that time. I'm thinking the party will more just be a "something special" and fun?!? Seeing the characters, special parade and fireworks?!? I think she would LOVE trick-or-treating there too! Granted we can watch the fireworks from the CR lounge, but from what I've read it's pretty spectacular and we'll want to be closer.
I'm not really sure what to expect beyond the descriptions I've read online. I definitely appreciate your feedback!

It is a lot of fun and your little one will be very delighted and entertained at this event. Hands down one of the best party Disney throws for all ages! Have you read the first few post on this thread? It lays everything out very well. As with anything there are good & bad reviews however I feel every year is different; people, attitudes, expectations etc., you seem to know enough to make this decision. It is a chunk of change to drop but I think everyone here would say "go for it"! Cheers °O°

Brilliant idea katmu! Now is this going to be your Halloween costume or do you plan on wearing disneybound attire during your trip?
I have a few disneybound themes to wear while at the parks, I prefer to pack on the lighter side:
Travel clothes: sweater, top & pants, Black skirt, 3 tops, 2 pairs of shoes & costume.
Not much into wearing flip flops, sneakers, shorts or crops.
I'm still trying to decide what to wear @ Club Villain either a cocktail dress or beaded jumpsuit something kinda fancy for sure.

I'm going with the Ellie outfit for MNSSHP. I may bring one other Disneybounding outfit that is similar to Rey from Star Wars too for HS. I'm still trying to think of a few more with things I already have.

But I did splurge today on some custom made ears since I didn't buy an outfit. I'm really hoping they turn out as well as other ones I've seen from this shop.

I'm going with the Ellie outfit for MNSSHP. I may bring one other Disneybounding outfit that is similar to Rey from Star Wars too for HS. I'm still trying to think of a few more with things I already have.

But I did splurge today on some custom made ears since I didn't buy an outfit. I'm really hoping they turn out as well as other ones I've seen from this shop.

Well, don't leave us hangin' o_Olink?popcorn::

Brilliant idea katmu! Now is this going to be your Halloween costume or do you plan on wearing disneybound attire during your trip?
I have a few disneybound themes to wear while at the parks, I prefer to pack on the lighter side:
Travel clothes: sweater, top & pants, Black skirt, 3 tops, 2 pairs of shoes & costume.
Not much into wearing flip flops, sneakers, shorts or crops.
I'm still trying to decide what to wear @ Club Villain either a cocktail dress or beaded jumpsuit something kinda fancy for sure.

Missed this one. :sad2: Um! Fancy! You've twisted my arm into purchasing tickets & changing my time. I may have to pass on the clothes. I'm so the t-shirts, shorts & sneakers kinda girl. But family matching Disney t-shirts & hand painted Disney Keds. Does a sequin pocket Minnie Ear applique t-shirt count? :D If only I could sew. :sad:

Missed this one. :sad2: Um! Fancy! You've twisted my arm into purchasing tickets & changing my time. I may have to pass on the clothes. I'm so the t-shirts, shorts & sneakers kinda girl. But family matching Disney t-shirts & hand painted Disney Keds. Does a sequin pocket Minnie Ear applique t-shirt count? :D If only I could sew. :sad:

You're so funny! Nah, don't mind me. We usually leave the parks in the afternoon to go swimming, trekking or running so a shower is much needed thus a change of clothing is called for. Also this has been a wish of mine to meet the Villains and while celebrating my birthday (yep!) I plan to be decked out to the hill! Really love that you made these arrangements:hug:

Last edited:
Gosh, I have no idea if the Oct 31st tickets will sell before or after they sold out last year. They will sell out in advance, so my suggestion to anyone who has settled on attending on Oct 31st, is that they should buy their ticket.

Part of the problem of determining when they sell out is that we don't know if Disney is selling the same number of tickets this year, or increasing the number of tickets again.

UPDATE
I've added a Poll to this thread. Let's keep it interesting. :maleficen

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D? WDYT?
-- Answer @ top of thread.

By the way things seem to be going as of late, I highly doubt it, but I guess we gotta wait and see.

Also, just to add to your 99D excitement, we got 99 days to go as of today too!!! :cool1:

Also, just to add to your 99D excitement, we got 99 days to go as of today too!!!

73 days here! Gotta really start thinking about my fastpasses soon! I have a general idea but nothing concrete. One big recent win is I got a great APH rate at a universal hotel for the end of our vacation, so I think once I get those fastpasses, everything will be ready to go!

By the way things seem to be going as of late, I highly doubt it, but I guess we gotta wait and see.

Also, just to add to your 99D excitement, we got 99 days to go as of today too!!! :cool1:

I'm thinking no with the price increase being so high this year. Halloween night was the only one to sell out this early, all the rest were the same month or day of, except for November 1st which was 1 month prior. We'll see.

99D --- Woo hoo! 98D for me today! :dancer:party::woohoo:

I may not have decided on which day I'm going this year but I know my costume - I'm going to be Ursula. I've got the ears already and have already made her shell necklace.

My daughter wants me to pull out the makeup and spike my hair too but I'm not sure if I want to go that far due to the heat. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter