"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad I made two Akershus ressi both are @ 8:05am on 10/30 & 10/31, I sure would like to get The Garden Grill at least for one of those days.

At least I get to enjoy the telephone music!:badpc:

10 minutes ago!?! I called at 7am and I'm hold ... 65 :crazy2:minutes!

CST here. Online @ 5am. Was saying unavailable, blah blah blah. Tried again around 5:30, reserved, but not times really wanted. Played around with times, got it. It was like system wasn't fully uploaded at 5am. Phone always my last resort.

BTW - online always opens 1 hour prior to phone; Phone - 7am EST, Online - 6am EST

I'm glad I made two Akershus ressi both are @ 8:05am on 10/30 & 10/31, I sure would like to get The Garden Grill at least for one of those days.

At least I get to enjoy the telephone music!:badpc:

Reserve online. Link you posted.

CST here. Online @ 5am. Was saying unavailable, blah blah blah. Tried again around 5:30, reserved, but not times really wanted. Played around with times, got it. It was like system wasn't fully uploaded at 5am. Phone always my last resort.

BTW - online always opens 1 hour prior to phone; Phone - 7am EST, Online - 6am EST

I was online at 6am EST and I was getting "Please try again later" this was 45 minutes straight! If I get it AWESOME! But I'm not banking on it at this point, it doesn't hurt to try.

I was online at 6am EST and I was getting "Please try again later" this was 45 minutes straight! If I get it AWESOME! But I'm not banking on it at this point, it doesn't hurt to try.

Got it! Okay, so it wasn't just me & crazy reservation system. I did get the time I wanted. Also, been playing around with reservations since adding PH. GG breakfast on 10/30, passed on 8:20am went for 9:45am.

Got it! Okay, so it wasn't just me & crazy reservation system. I did get the time I wanted. Also, been playing around with reservations since adding PH. GG breakfast on 10/30, passed on 8:20am went for 9:45am.

I want to be done with breakfast asap to ride Soarin & Test Track and get FP+ for frozen ride. Can't be done with an ADR past 8:20, we'd be lucky to be seated by 8:30.

Glad you got what you wanted this morning! And really want to thank you for changing up your plans. I can't wait to meet you & your family and bust the rug with you!:dancer:I'll show you my moves if you show me yours! Ha!

DS just woke up and I"m getting ready to ditch this call and catch a few more zzzz

I want to be done with breakfast asap to ride Soarin & Test Track and get FP+ for frozen ride. Can't be done with an ADR past 8:20, we'd be lucky to be seated by 8:30.

Glad you got what you wanted this morning! And really want to thank you for changing up your plans. I can't wait to meet you & your family and bust the rug with you!:dancer:I'll show you my moves if you show me yours! Ha!

DS just woke up and I"m getting ready to ditch this call and catch a few more zzzz

I'm usually sleep, sometimes wake up sometimes don't when DH is getting ready, but that's coming to an end soon. Akershus 8am ADR @ 180D out for Soarin' & TT, then FEA announced this summer. So plan on FP+ for Soarin', M&G immediately after breakfast then FEA. Hopefully TT line won't be longer than 60min at that point. So understand 8 vs 8:20, huge difference.

We did 8am last trip, FP+ TT, walked fast to Soarin', but PP @ entrance closer than us coming from Akershus & some were in park before 9am, still waited 40minutes. Added benefit to 8am @ Akershus, seated quicker, enjoy meal before Princesses come out, ~8:15, not so many PP in background of photos. So hoping for good results since FEA is right next door.

Can't wait to meet you too. Celebrating my birthday too, but late. Dance moves?:dancer::woohoo:

For those trying to call in today, you likely will have long wait times since it's the first day the general public can book F&W events.

I'm usually sleep, sometimes wake up sometimes don't when DH is getting ready, but that's coming to an end soon. Akershus 8am ADR @ 180D out for Soarin' & TT, then FEA announced this summer. So plan on FP+ for Soarin', M&G immediately after breakfast then FEA. Hopefully TT line won't be longer than 60min at that point. So understand 8 vs 8:20, huge difference.

We did 8am last trip, FP+ TT, walked fast to Soarin', but PP @ entrance closer than us coming from Akershus & some were in park before 9am, still waited 40minutes. Added benefit to 8am @ Akershus, seated quicker, enjoy meal before Princesses come out, ~8:15, not so many PP in background of photos. So hoping for good results since FEA is right next door.

Can't wait to meet you too. Celebrating my birthday too, but late. Dance moves?:dancer::woohoo:

Your plan sounds solid! Was wondering if the M&G's there got super busy early in the day, I'll have to add that to our list as well. DS looking forward to meeting Kylo. The Princesses he can do without, but he loves the ladies @ 1900 PF!

Grrr, spoke to someone? couldn't understand her name, I explained I was disconnected after waiting 45 minutes, she offered no apology - I get it's not her fault but still. She went right in and NO availability only 8:20, reminded her I was disconnected and she said "we've been having dropped calls since this morning, MGT looking into it".... wait for it (because I had to)... (awkward silence) ... "sorry for the inconvenience" - woof! Must have been really hard for her to get that out! Still no sweat, got a great time at Akershus at this point but I'll keep checking.

I'm off to Neverland, need my beauty rest! Have a great day and we'll talk soon!

For those trying to call in today, you likely will have long wait times since it's the first day the general public can book F&W events.

Yep, correct. And Disney IT Department still can't handle it & system appeared to not be fully uploaded with times @ opening. Not my 1st rodeo with 1st day Disney reservations & "their lovely system." Just 2 DWs planning/communicating about our most magical Halloween trip. Umm, I mean, planning the most magical trip for our families. :Do_O:stir:

Ya think!:crazy2::scared:

Haha for noobs it's a wake up call, even for the vets among us

Yep, correct. And Disney IT Department still can't handle it & system appeared to not be fully uploaded with times @ opening. Not my 1st rodeo with 1st day Disney reservations & "their lovely system." Just 2 DWs planning/communicating about our most magical Halloween trip. Umm, I mean, planning the most magical trip for our families. :Do_O:stir:

Oh, it's been magical alright. Too bad There is this thing called dark magic lol

called exactly @ 7 am on the Disney visa day to book Trader Sam's. Whole phone call took nearly an hour. CM was 100% sure it wasn't book able until today. Figured she worked at diligently, checked with her supervisor, help desk, etc. Just had to be right.

Naturally, I came here to whine and saw others had booked it starting around 8:30 am as far as I can tell. What the Mickey!!!

Called back immediately around 9 am, all allocated spots were sold. Promised many more would be forthcoming...guesstimate was 85 - 75 percent. Well, it was a guess. Today, told 100% full for 10/5.

I did manage to secure the following week though (the same date I was originally told wasn't going to happen 10/12 when I called earlier this week). Was bit nervous in that I was waiting to book beverage/culinary stuff and afraid they'd be gone by today.

It's crazy how poor they train their agents. I was part of Guinea pig brigade (those of us who booked the first weekend of new activities last year). Didn't think it could get more of a cluster, ha - Disney continues to surprise me in oh-so many ways.

Now, I can finally decide which day for MNSSHP woohoo. Leaning toward the 10/11 since last year Presidents' Day was worst I've seen for any party thru mid Oct dates I've visited.

Haha for noobs it's a wake up call, even for the vets among us

Oh, it's been magical alright. Too bad There is this thing called dark magic lol

called exactly @ 7 am on the Disney visa day to book Trader Sam's. Whole phone call took nearly an hour. CM was 100% sure it wasn't book able until today. Figured she worked at diligently, checked with her supervisor, help desk, etc. Just had to be right.

Naturally, I came here to whine and saw others had booked it starting around 8:30 am as far as I can tell. What the Mickey!!!

Called back immediately around 9 am, all allocated spots were sold. Promised many more would be forthcoming...guesstimate was 85 - 75 percent. Well, it was a guess. Today, told 100% full for 10/5.

I did manage to secure the following week though (the same date I was originally told wasn't going to happen 10/12 when I called earlier this week). Was bit nervous in that I was waiting to book beverage/culinary stuff and afraid they'd be gone by today.

It's crazy how poor they train their agents. I was part of Guinea pig brigade (those of us who booked the first weekend of new activities last year). Didn't think it could get more of a cluster, ha - Disney continues to surprise me in oh-so many ways.

Now, I can finally decide which day for MNSSHP woohoo. Leaning toward the 10/11 since last year Presidents' Day was worst I've seen for any party thru mid Oct dates I've visited.

I hear you! Glad you were able to book Trader's Sam. Same ole song we continue to sing :charac2: about Disney IT, especially on opening day/1st day of something. And this year has been crazy with release dates and adding new pricey options, which we continue to complain about and in the next breath reserve. Ha! And phone CMs (not all) definitely are not in the know & need to be better trained. :sad2: But oh happy day when I get a GREAT ONE! :flower1:

This is the 3rd time we are trying to go to WDW this year, have had to cancel 2 times do to work and health. Ugh! So when family wants to help "our dreams come true" who am I to say no. I'm really appreciating the love from my family -- "the extra perks." :D I have wanted to go this time of year for a long time, especially for the last 2 years, so there's a season for everything. We'll get to experience MNSSHP & F&W. So I've been all over the boards looking for F&W info, which I had no trouble finding. Then I found Eat to the Beat info, thanks @Accident, posted great F&W info and Eat to the Beat info with the July 21st date -- immediately put in calendar, phone CMs didn't even have that before him. :disrocks:

I am A L I V E! It's 3pm in my neck of the woods! Hope those wanting their F&W & EttB Dining pkgs. got their wish.
Just wanted to point out about the CM I spoke to earlier today was NOT rude, she was a "matter of fact" kind of gal but a little cold, I got more 'cheerfulness' from the automated system :laughing: I did not leave any feedback regarding this call.

So now that it's over let's get back to our happy planning and strategies! I'm still wondering if Disney will change up the calendar by adding additional fireworks, EMH's and EMM's as they did most recently. I've read a few unhappy responses where pp have had to rearrange their planning. Does anyone here think we'll see any +/- from Disney?

How's everyone doing with their exercising? I started race walking awhile ago but this heat OMG my friends, resulted in the biggest blister on my right foot! I've had to take a a week sabbatical until it healed but back at with a new pair of asics gel-nimbus 18, like walking on :cloud9: !

:snail: with the costumes but I did order the makeup (thanks to FeralCatRogue) and plan on playing with that pretty soon. DH going as Two Face, not sure how to complete his look as when reading Disney's "No mask of any kind" rule, does this include prosthetic like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfJLNZPEewI
Note I wasn't planning on covering the eye.

So now that it's over let's get back to our happy planning and strategies! I'm still wondering if Disney will change up the calendar by adding additional fireworks, EMH's and EMM's as they did most recently. I've read a few unhappy responses where pp have had to rearrange their planning. Does anyone here think we'll see any +/- from Disney?

How's everyone doing with their exercising? I started race walking awhile ago but this heat OMG my friends, resulted in the biggest blister on my right foot! I've had to take a a week sabbatical until it healed but back at with a new pair of asics gel-nimbus 18, like walking on :cloud9: !

Yes, planning planning planning!

Unfortunately, yes. May appear to be positives, but with negative impact. For instance, EMM additional money, Star Wars Dessert Party more $$, with new hours PP can't do both SW & Fantasmic! I know you don't have to do all of the extras & some simply can't, but with all the changes, as mentioned here, and offerings some are very tempting.

Removed.

What we know...
Disney typically changes calendar hours without much notice and around the holidays.

Disney has changed hours within 15D-75D timeframe. ---July 16,
http://www.kennythepirate.com/2016/...-hours-adjusted-and-more-star-wars-fireworks/ --- Frustrating and monkey wrench for many when ADRs are made 180D and FP+ are booked 60D, especially for veterans on the Dis, then throw in things like F&W (Eat to the Beat) which we knew date, July 21st, on top of late changes

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios - nightly through September 5th (While MNSSHP is going on)

Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular - Dates available through September 24th (recently added)

Fantasmic! showing for 6 months out, but within 15 minutes of Star Wars dates released for late September, so PP unable to do both

EMM...
Disney Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland --- days of week changed,

extended through September, Sundays & Tuesdays through September 27th

Disney Early Morning Magic - Disney's Hollywood Studios --- announced this month, starts August 1st, Mondays & Wednesday through September 28th

EMH??? Disney has extended park hours but I haven't seen any changes to EMH. I could be wrong.

So all of this going on during FD, MNSSHP & F&W

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter