Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

I'm on my way out to lunch right now. Going to the dollar store to pick up some ponchos. I have a feeling we're going to need them...Just hopefully not on the night of the 31st! It would be terrible if anything got canceled.

We went to the party last night and got in line for the Dwarfs at 5:55. We were 6th or 7th group in line. They came out about 6:55 and were were done by five after seven. By that time there were at least 100 people in line!

We're flying in for the party on Sunday but I'm hoping the rain holds off for Monday as well. That's supposed to be our Epcot day. F&W wouldn't be much fun if it's raining!!!

Hoping for no rain on the 30th.
What sites are yall using for weather? I have checked a few but that all vary on sunday

I've been checking wesh.com, accuweather.com (I have a hard time ever believing this one though!) and weather.com.

Most seem to be waiting on the path of the hurricane which hopefully will be figured out by tomorrow night sometime.

Hoping for no rain on the 30th.
What sites are yall using for weather? I have checked a few but that all vary on sunday

weather*com for me, and right now it's rain almost every day we're there. As mentioned though, the hurricane is keeping everyone guessing. We'll just have to see:upsidedow

And as the saying goes, a rainy day at Disney beats a sunny day at home. Well, at least to me it does:yay:

Just got back today from our first trip to WDW and our first MNSSHP on 10/25 (Tues). It was so much fun!!

The park seems crowded to me yet we practically walked on to each ride we went on. The Villian Dance Party was awesome, the Castle was simply spectacular and the Parade was fabulous. We had front row seats on the roundabout on main street and I truly have no words to describe how neat of an experience it was. I think I took 50 pics alone of the parade. :banana:

Back from the Oct 28th Halloween Party with a few things to say:

1) THANK YOU to all you DISBoarders for making our planning sooo much easier. From what kind of costumes to wear to size of treat bags to bring (not too big!!) to where to stand for parades, you really came through! Don't know what I'd do without you.

2) That Splash mountain area? Yeah, that's a hot mess. Dwarves, candy and ride queue all together? That said, it did work out pretty well when one of our little ones chickened out and stayed with Dad. Then the others could ride and she was entertained going through the trail 2 or 3 times.

3) The issue about the monorail transportation ending was overrated. We had no problems getting back to the Poly.

4) Loved wearing our TRON costumes in Tomorrowland. Cast members got so excited over them and would yell out "I fight for the users!". This did not happen in Frontierland, oddly ;)

5) My favorite part that I was not expecting was the ambient music changing after the fireworks. Riding the magic carpets listening to "Here I am! Rock me like a hurricane!!" was hilarious, but it seemed like it was just asking for trouble from Hurricane Rina :goodvibes

I love this party and wish I could go to it every year!

BOO to you and thank you, too! :thumbsup2

3) The issue about the monorail transportation ending was overrated. We had no problems getting back to the Poly.

Curious--was the monorail running until 12:30 on your night? If it was, that would be why you had no problems. Before the 9/30 MNSSHP, the parties had no monorail that late, and that apparently led to another "hot mess". ;) Also, since you went to one of the last parties, most of these kinds of logistics issues I would hope would be ironed out.

Glad you had a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter