Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

Yeah I am trying to keep my expectations of what to accomplish fairly low as well...I know parade and Hallowishes will be easy since we just have to show up a little early to get a spot. Are you dressing up? We are going as Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, so if you see us say hello! We love meeting other DISers

Yes! I'll be Snow White & my 5 year old son will be a pirate.

So, I'm sure it is safe to assume that the 10/30 party will more than likely sell out. That's the date we are going.

Our main goals for the night are to meet the princesses, do some trick or treating, and watch the fireworks and parade. I would *LIKE* to meet Jack Sparrow and the 7 Dwarves, but we are willing to forego these if the lines are too long.

From what I've been reading, since the Princesses are our main priority, we should get in line for them at 6 or 6:30pm to avoid waiting in line during party time? Or should we get in line earlier than that?

We don't care about getting a lot of candy, but we want to do a little trick or treating just for the novelty and fun of being able to do that as adults. How have the lines been?

What time should we show up for the parade? I have been hearing the later parade is less crowded so we will probably go to that. However, we would like to see the Headless Horseman and I remember reading or hearing something from this year about no HH at the 2nd parade? Is this true? I definitely want to see him. It's something I have been reading about on the DIS for a while!

Are the fireworks set up the same way as Wishes, with the castle as the centerpiece? Are the best viewing areas similar to Wishes?

Is there anything else we should definitely make sure that we do? We are two adults in our 20's with no kids. Meeting characters besides the princesses isn't a priority but is something we have fun doing if we see a short line.

What about the Haunted Mansion ghost picture? Is that located near HM? Also-how long have waits for the Haunted Mansion been at the more crowded parties?

I'm really excited for MNSSHP! I've been hearing a lot of bad things about crowds on here and am expecting 10/30 to be crowded. However, I feel like we have pretty laid back expectations about the things we want to do so I don't think I will be disappointed. Am I wrong? Let me know in advance LOL.

On 10/06, when the MNSSHP seemed busy to me, I got in line for the Princess & Prince couples at 6:10 or so, and we were 4th or 5th in line. It was great, because you meet all three royal couples for being in the one line and then you are free to pursue other MNSSHP offerings. Note that of the three royal couples, there is usually a bit of a delay when people get to Rapunzel & Flynn (who are the second couple), due to their popularity and excellent interaction with the guests. I had a great time meeting Snow White & the Prince and Cinderella & Prince Charming, too, but Rapunzel & Flynn stole the show in that room.

On 10/06, when the MNSSHP seemed busy to me, I got in line for the Princess & Prince couples at 6:10 or so, and we were 4th or 5th in line. It was great, because you meet all three royal couples for being in the one line and then you are free to pursue other MNSSHP offerings. Note that of the three royal couples, there is usually a bit of a delay when people get to Rapunzel & Flynn (who are the second couple), due to their popularity and excellent interaction with the guests. I had a great time meeting Snow White & the Prince and Cinderella & Prince Charming, too, but Rapunzel & Flynn stole the show in that room.

Yay! That is good to hear because Rapunzel and Flynn are the reason we are going to wait in that line since we are dressage as them for the party! I love Tangled lol!

The party on 10/16 was GREAT! So some amazing costumes. My favorite was the couple dressed as the Rescuers. Only major complaint is that the bridge to Frontierland is INSANE after the shows but if you take the extra time and just go by way or Adventureland. its worth it!

We are only 4 sleeps away from our visit to MNSSHP!!! :yay:

I have not seen a pic of the halloween treat bags for this year....are they similar to previous years?:confused3

Should we bring our own?

We are only 4 sleeps away from our visit to MNSSHP!!! :yay:

I have not seen a pic of the halloween treat bags for this year....are they similar to previous years?:confused3

Should we bring our own?

If you're going to do some serious trick or treating bring your own. The ones we got were small, plastic/paper bags, with an advertisement for The Lion King on one side.

Only five sleeps for us! Right now the weather for the 31st is predicting scattered T-storms. Let's hope it changes several more times before then!

We went to the party on 10/6. It was absolutely awesome! We had made early dinner reservations at Liberty Tree so we all met there around 4-415. I'm so glad we were able to have a nice sit down dinner because after dinner all we did was go, go, go!!

After dinner we went to the Haunted Mansion. Maybe a 5 minute walk through the graveyard into the mansion. After the ride we did the ghost carriage photo. No wait.

Some of our party went to Splash Mountain because there was no wait. I took two of the younger girls to the Jungle Cruise. We had maybe a 10 minute wait.

After the cruise my daughter and I headed to the castle to get ready for the Villains. Our whole reason for going to the party was for my daughter to meet Maleficent. Maleficent is her princess. We stood where an employee told us to stand so after the show we could meet her. Well, they told us wrong. Fortunately because of the kindess of another mom my daughter was able to meet her. It was a dream come true for her. Agnes walked up to her had her picture taken, started walking away, then stopped, turned around, ran back, and just threw her arms around Maleficent. It took the woman playing her by completely surprise! LOL Her handler said he had never, ever seen her break character and smile! It was so adorable.

It seemed like only 20 or so people got the chance to meet and have a photo take with her. If you want to meet her make sure you are by the metal railing on the ramp to the left of the stage. There were some really upset people who were in the line behind us who didn't get to meet any of the villains because the time was short and the lines were long.

We met back up with our party and decided to go to the Emporium to shop while the first parade was going. We lucked out and found curb seats for the parade!! I went shopping while everyone else watched the parade. The store was totally empty so it was the perfect time to get some keepsakes. At 9 I got the last medium kid shirt in the park. One of the employees said they had never seen the shirts sell out so fast. So if this is something you want get it when you go into the park.

All in all it was a really magical time spent with some amazing friends. Thanks to everyone here for all the advice!!

Only three sleeps left for us until we leave. We've never been to the Halloween Party and can't wait. I'm even dressing up this year.

We went to the party on 10/6. It was absolutely awesome! We had made early dinner reservations at Liberty Tree so we all met there around 4-415. I'm so glad we were able to have a nice sit down dinner because after dinner all we did was go, go, go!!

After dinner we went to the Haunted Mansion. Maybe a 5 minute walk through the graveyard into the mansion. After the ride we did the ghost carriage photo. No wait.

Some of our party went to Splash Mountain because there was no wait. I took two of the younger girls to the Jungle Cruise. We had maybe a 10 minute wait.

After the cruise my daughter and I headed to the castle to get ready for the Villains. Our whole reason for going to the party was for my daughter to meet Maleficent. Maleficent is her princess. We stood where an employee told us to stand so after the show we could meet her. Well, they told us wrong. Fortunately because of the kindess of another mom my daughter was able to meet her. It was a dream come true for her. Agnes walked up to her had her picture taken, started walking away, then stopped, turned around, ran back, and just threw her arms around Maleficent. It took the woman playing her by completely surprise! LOL Her handler said he had never, ever seen her break character and smile! It was so adorable.

It seemed like only 20 or so people got the chance to meet and have a photo take with her. If you want to meet her make sure you are by the metal railing on the ramp to the left of the stage. There were some really upset people who were in the line behind us who didn't get to meet any of the villains because the time was short and the lines were long.

We met back up with our party and decided to go to the Emporium to shop while the first parade was going. We lucked out and found curb seats for the parade!! I went shopping while everyone else watched the parade. The store was totally empty so it was the perfect time to get some keepsakes. At 9 I got the last medium kid shirt in the park. One of the employees said they had never seen the shirts sell out so fast. So if this is something you want get it when you go into the park.

All in all it was a really magical time spent with some amazing friends. Thanks to everyone here for all the advice!!

Ah! I was there on 10/06 meeting Maleficent at the exact same time (the 7:45pm show?) you were there! I was second in line to meet her. Luckily, some very nice people we met in line for the Prince & Princess couples were in the area, waiting for Dr. Facilier, and they directed us to the ramp where Maleficent would be. I did not see your daughter's lovely encounter with Maleficent, though. That is so precious! I think I was taking a photo with Frollo at the time. It was a very short window of opportunity to meet the villains, but once you know where their lines will be, it is not so bad. I visited Maleficent again the next night, too! She was great! Thanks for sharing your pictures! :)

Ah! I was there on 10/06 meeting Maleficent at the exact same time (the 7:45pm show?) you were there! I was second in line to meet her. Luckily, some very nice people we met in line for the Prince & Princess couples were in the area, waiting for Dr. Facilier, and they directed us to the ramp where Maleficent would be. I did not see your daughter's lovely encounter with Maleficent, though. That is so precious! I think I was taking a photo with Frollo at the time. It was a very short window of opportunity to meet the villains, but once you know where their lines will be, it is not so bad. I visited Maleficent again the next night, too! She was great! Thanks for sharing your pictures! :)

Yep we were at the 745 show! Wasn't it the perfect evening. We had great weather, it didn't seem that crowded, and people were being so nice to each other! We had never been to one of the parties so we weren't sure what to expect but we all loved it!

Yep we were at the 745 show! Wasn't it the perfect evening. We had great weather, it didn't seem that crowded, and people were being so nice to each other! We had never been to one of the parties so we weren't sure what to expect but we all loved it!

Yes, it was absolutely a perfect evening of fun! It was our first Disney parks ticketed event, too. It was well worth the cost of admission to us! The crowds only seemed to hover between the castle and the front gates, and I am sure that there were quite a few non-party-paying stragglers from the regular day's admission that were still milling about the park. The only checkpoint areas that I noticed were around the bridges. The next day 10/07, when it rained for about 30 minutes from about 7:10pm, the park cleared out considerably, and when the rain stopped, the park was really pretty empty! It was a very different experience, seeing the MNSSHP during rainy and dry conditions. I would totally go again next year!

This little story brought a tear to my eye:upsidedow Glad your daughter got to meet her idol!

Only four more days for us. Stopped the newspaper delivery today and just got back from Walgreens with suprise Disney gift cards:yay:

We were at the party on 10/16. Our experience may be atypical because we didn't do any characters. But it seemed pretty uncrowded to us. We did the rides we wanted to do, did BTMR right before the second parade, stood in Frontierland on a small wall right near the start of the parade and saw the whole thing - great spots! We loved the choreography (DD is a dancer) of the grave diggers and the zombies! The only line we had was at Casey's trying to buy hot dogs before the fireworks!

At the end of the night we did the trick or treating with no wait, and got the ghost hitchhikers with no wait (we'd already done the hearse the previous year).

I'd certainly do the party again, and check out the villians next time!

I went to the 10/20 party, and we had a blast. I did think the crowd levels were higher than expected, probably due to the rain on Tuesday. It was chilly once the sun went down, but not bad in a sweatshirt. We didn't do any characters, as my girls just weren't interested, but we rode several rides (People Mover x 2, Tomorrowland Speedway, Snow White x 2, Dumbo, Small World, Pirates), we watched the fireworks from the bridge to Tomorrowland, then walked over to the hub in front of the castle, was able to sit right at the curb edge and watched the villain show and the parade, TERRIFIC. I agree, the grave diggers were awesome!

Getting nervous about the weather on Halloween. The parade is my favorite part of MNSSHP. At what point would they cancel it?

I've seen forecasts for sun or for some rain on the 31st.....the thundershowers seem to be expected on Nov 1st. If there are thundershowers on the 31st during the parade I think that would pretty much cancel it (that's what typically happens in the summer during the rainy months). However if the rain only lasts for a few hours maybe they'll only cancel one of the parades (8:15pm or 10:30pm). Here's hoping! (I'll be there on the 31st as well so I'm monitoring the weather too:surfweb:)

At the end of the day it's better to be in Disney World with my family during a thunderstorm than anywhere else in the world in any other weather!!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter