Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

I have seen it mentioned on here about free face painting. Where do they do this at? Is it the same kind of face painting that we would normally pay $15-$20 for?:confused3

I have seen it mentioned on here about free face painting. Where do they do this at? Is it the same kind of face painting that we would normally pay $15-$20 for?:confused3

There is no face painting at this years MNSSHP - I think it has to do with the lack of space with the Fantasyland expansion. I don't think the paid face painting is going on right now either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).:goodvibes

Are Mickey & Minnie in costume all day this time of year or what time do they get into costume? We're planning on going to the party on the 25th & I was hoping to get this done ahead of time.

Are Mickey & Minnie in costume all day this time of year or what time do they get into costume? We're planning on going to the party on the 25th & I was hoping to get this done ahead of time.

They won't appear in costume until they cut the line from day guests to evening party guests.

I just wish they had come up with a way to use fastpass for this for the parties!

Is this post going to be updated? :)
Just curious as to where everything is, characters, carriage, photo ops, etc or is there another post with all this info somewhere?

Is this post going to be updated? :)
Just curious as to where everything is, characters, carriage, photo ops, etc or is there another post with all this info somewhere?

Character locations are HERE on mickeyhunter's blog.

Cinderella's coach is in the area of iasw stroller parking.

Special photo ops are hitch-hiking ghosts between the Liberty Belle entrance and HM - along the stone wall. There is also one at PoC and the horseless carriage in from of HM.

Wonderful tips, thanks! We will be there on the 27th, and I expect the crowds will be picking back up by that time so it's nice to have a plan of attack. We were there last year and had a wonderful time, now we can go back and catch all of the things we missed. :thumbsup2

What time should we claim a spot for the first parade? We are planning to watch in frontier land. We are going Thursday and were hoping for lower crowds, but I am afraid it's going to be very busy because of the rain predicted for Tuesday's party.

The impression I'm getting is that the surge of crowds were mostly in September, and has eased up in the first 2 weeks of October. We went on a Friday, Sept. 23 and it was heinously crowded, but so were reports of the following Tuesday. DH swears he doesn't want to go through that again and I'll have trouble convincing him to do this next year. :sad1:

But just for strategy purposes for those going this month, it looks like the characters at the front of the park (princesses, Mickey & Minnie) at the latest is to get in line between 10 and 11PM? Looks like they're closing the line an hour early if you're not already in it. Do the characters toward the back (Cinderella's mice, Mad Hatter, etc) have fewer lines?

For those that have gone in years past, what do you think of the trick or treating lines? (I miss the Alice in Wonderland trail they had last year)

The quality of the candy seems better.

What characters/Villains would you have liked to see? What would you like to have changed out?

I'm sure with the Fantasyland expansion next year it'll be a whole new ballgame again!

The party on 10/11 was VERY uncrowded. We mostly did the trick or treating, but were able to WALK up to the carriage (10 min wait), the hearse (5 min wait), and LOADS of characters (no more than 10 min wait). We didn't try for the dwarfs (30+ min wait) or Mickey/Minnie (45+ min waits)...but everything else was super manageable. Heck, the longest line we waited in all night was the line to buy popcorn, at the hub, prior to the fireworks.

There is no face painting at this years MNSSHP - I think it has to do with the lack of space with the Fantasyland expansion. I don't think the paid face painting is going on right now either (someone correct me if I'm wrong).:goodvibes

I didn't see any face painting going on, after the 7 PM start time, on 10/11.

What time should we claim a spot for the first parade? We are planning to watch in frontier land. We are going Thursday and were hoping for lower crowds, but I am afraid it's going to be very busy because of the rain predicted for Tuesday's party.

we will be there tonight :sad2: We are just hopeful that the rain will stop long enough for the parade and wishes (fingers crossed and pixiedust:)

So, I'm sure it is safe to assume that the 10/30 party will more than likely sell out. That's the date we are going.

Our main goals for the night are to meet the princesses, do some trick or treating, and watch the fireworks and parade. I would *LIKE* to meet Jack Sparrow and the 7 Dwarves, but we are willing to forego these if the lines are too long.

From what I've been reading, since the Princesses are our main priority, we should get in line for them at 6 or 6:30pm to avoid waiting in line during party time? Or should we get in line earlier than that?

We don't care about getting a lot of candy, but we want to do a little trick or treating just for the novelty and fun of being able to do that as adults. How have the lines been?

What time should we show up for the parade? I have been hearing the later parade is less crowded so we will probably go to that. However, we would like to see the Headless Horseman and I remember reading or hearing something from this year about no HH at the 2nd parade? Is this true? I definitely want to see him. It's something I have been reading about on the DIS for a while!

Are the fireworks set up the same way as Wishes, with the castle as the centerpiece? Are the best viewing areas similar to Wishes?

Is there anything else we should definitely make sure that we do? We are two adults in our 20's with no kids. Meeting characters besides the princesses isn't a priority but is something we have fun doing if we see a short line.

What about the Haunted Mansion ghost picture? Is that located near HM? Also-how long have waits for the Haunted Mansion been at the more crowded parties?

I'm really excited for MNSSHP! I've been hearing a lot of bad things about crowds on here and am expecting 10/30 to be crowded. However, I feel like we have pretty laid back expectations about the things we want to do so I don't think I will be disappointed. Am I wrong? Let me know in advance LOL.

For those that have gone in years past, what do you think of the trick or treating lines? (I miss the Alice in Wonderland trail they had last year)

The quality of the candy seems better.

There is a similar trail at Splash Mtn. this year instead (no characters though). I thought the candy was great!

Character locations are HERE on mickeyhunter's blog.

Cinderella's coach is in the area of iasw stroller parking.

Special photo ops are hitch-hiking ghosts between the Liberty Belle entrance and HM - along the stone wall. There is also one at PoC and the horseless carriage in from of HM.

Thank you :)

I would plan 1/2hr to 45 min.
we went to the second parade 1/2 hr. before in frontier land and we were in the second row.princess:

So, I'm sure it is safe to assume that the 10/30 party will more than likely sell out. That's the date we are going.

We'll be there as well that night! All I'm planning on for sure is the 7 Dwarfs (lining up as soon as we're done with our dinner ADR), Hallowishes, a parade & meeting Captain Hook. I'd love to get a picture with the ghosts as well but who knows with that kind of crowd. It's going to be a very long day for us (getting up at 3am to fly out)... I'm just hoping for good weather at this point!

We'll be there as well that night! All I'm planning on for sure is the 7 Dwarfs (lining up as soon as we're done with our dinner ADR), Hallowishes, a parade & meeting Captain Hook. I'd love to get a picture with the ghosts as well but who knows with that kind of crowd. It's going to be a very long day for us (getting up at 3am to fly out)... I'm just hoping for good weather at this point!

Yeah I am trying to keep my expectations of what to accomplish fairly low as well...I know parade and Hallowishes will be easy since we just have to show up a little early to get a spot. Are you dressing up? We are going as Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, so if you see us say hello! We love meeting other DISers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter