Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

Hi! We're planning to go to our first party on October 27. If they don't have one at night ... I'm not sure what we'll do. That's the only night we'll be there. My mind is racing with costume ideas for all 5 of us to match!

I have heard in the past tickets went on sale in April. Every time I call and ask Disney if tickets are on sale yet, they say not until July. I sure hope that's not right!

Very excited here! My hope is that we will have time to ride lots of rides from 4-7. Then do the dance parties and mix and mingle. Villain ohotos would be cool. Otherwise, we'll likely not wait in character lines. It would be cool to get a photo with the dwarfs, though.

I have gone back and forth with whether or not we'll hang out at the resort pool until early entry at 4 pm ... Or just do magic kingdom all day, 11 until midnight. We'd have to buy extra park tickets for 5 this way ($400 plus).

We'll be there the first week of October, and hoping to hit up the 2nd. If it goes well (with the younger child), I want to do the Friday one as well. DD and I went last year in Disneyland, and had to go back a second night to catch stuff we missed the first night. There's just so much to do!

We went to MNSSHP last year for the first time on Halloween. I fell in love with it but it was a little overwhelming at times. We are going back this year but earlier in October (the current plan is 10/6/11)
I am looking forward to hearing the reports from the early party goers and finding out the changes from last year.

We waited until later in the evening to meet some of the characters. Met the 7 dwarfs and Donald and Daisy. Both lines were about the same.. quick moving and only about 10 minutes. Also waited til on the way out of the park to do the trick or treat trail and breezed right through and got lots of candy.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread and updating us. :thumbsup2

Planning to go on October 7th and it will be our first time. Just me and DW no kids hope we will enjoy it. Don't know if we should dress for the party or go as is. Any thoughts.

We are totally excited for our first MNSSHP! We will probably go on 10/23 and if we feel we want a second party we will decide there.

Quick question, and I know I have read this elsewhere but I can't seem to find it, but I am a HUGE villain fan. How many can you usually see after each Mix and Mingle?

TIA! :thumbsup2

Last year the Villains you could meet at the Mix and Mingle were:
Maleficent
Dr. Facilier
Jafar
Queen of Hearts
Captain Hook
Evil Queen
Cruela De Vil

You also had the chance to meet The Hag in Fantasyland, Queen of Hearts by the Tea Cups, and Captain Hook and Mr Smee in Adventureland.

Planning to go on October 7th and it will be our first time. Just me and DW no kids hope we will enjoy it. Don't know if we should dress for the party or go as is. Any thoughts.

I go to MNSSHP twice a season. Once on the first night to bring all my fellow diser's and blog followers all the information I can.

The second time I go is to dress up. I am an adult, I have no children, but dressing up in the Magic Kingdom is really fun. Last year I went as Snow White in her work dress (rags dress from the beginning of the movie) and my Mom went as the Evil Queen. We got our pictures taken with all the Snow White characters and had such a great time! Snow Prince tried to protect Snow White from my Mom dressed as the Evil Queen. It is fun to dress up even without the kids!

I go to MNSSHP twice a season. Once on the first night to bring all my fellow diser's and blog followers all the information I can.

The second time I go is to dress up. I am an adult, I have no children, but dressing up in the Magic Kingdom is really fun. Last year I went as Snow White in her work dress (rags dress from the beginning of the movie) and my Mom went as the Evil Queen. We got our pictures taken with all the Snow White characters and had such a great time! Snow Prince tried to protect Snow White from my Mom dressed as the Evil Queen. It is fun to dress up even without the kids!

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us! I am so excited for our first MNSSHP! Do you use a touring plan, or do you just know from experience where things are? I really want to be sure to do the ghost photos as I think my kids would get a kick out of that. Do they usually have signage for these photo ops posted so that you don't miss them, or do you just have to know where to go? Thanks again!!

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with the rest of us! I am so excited for our first MNSSHP! Do you use a touring plan, or do you just know from experience where things are? I really want to be sure to do the ghost photos as I think my kids would get a kick out of that. Do they usually have signage for these photo ops posted so that you don't miss them, or do you just have to know where to go? Thanks again!!

I am a local so I know the park pretty well from experience. The hitchhiking ghost photo op is usually located between the haunted mansion and the liberty belle. It's a hard one to spot. Usually it's just a photo pass person. It's a good idea to ask the photo pass person in that area.

As far as a touring plan, I usually decide what things are important and map out how to accomplish all of them.

Looove MNSSHP!!!!!! :love: We are hoping for the 30th of Sept. :cool1: I checked touring guides and it says that Sept. 27, 30, and Oct. 2 of our trip will be MNSSHP.

Plus, all the dining resssies on the WDW site stop before 7 p.m. :rolleyes1

Anna

Last year the Villains you could meet at the Mix and Mingle were:
Maleficent
Dr. Facilier
Jafar
Queen of Hearts
Captain Hook
Evil Queen
Cruela De Vil

You also had the chance to meet The Hag in Fantasyland, Queen of Hearts by the Tea Cups, and Captain Hook and Mr Smee in Adventureland.

How much time is there after the Mix and Mingle? Is there really only enough time to see 1 Villain? 2? All?

How much time is there after the Mix and Mingle? Is there really only enough time to see 1 Villain? 2? All?

There is enough time to meet 3-4 of them depending on crowd levels you might get lucky and see them all.

If you want to see them all, I would allow time to go to two mix & mingle's. I would say they mingle for about 10 minutes.

we are running in the 5K and 1/2 marathon on 10/1 and will be attending the party on 10/2!! So excited!!

Too excited and can't decide on a resort! We love Disney during the Halloween season and think it is the best party of all. Enjoy the buildup because it will not disappoint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to find this thread...
Waiting patiently for the official word on parties for 2011, planning either the 27th or the 28th of October.

My first time for Halloween . We are probably going to be there the 30 or 31st. These must be very crowded days though. Still looking forward to it. We usually go for Christmas and enjoy MVMCP.

There is enough time to meet 3-4 of them depending on crowd levels you might get lucky and see them all.

If you want to see them all, I would allow time to go to two mix & mingle's. I would say they mingle for about 10 minutes.

Excellent! That is what I wanted to hear.:thumbsup2

This will be DF's and my very first MNSSHP! I am sooo excited!!!! We are hoping to go on 10/25. As far as our costumes are concerned, I am planning on dressing up like Alice and putting DF in a Mad Hatter costume! Hope it won't be too hot that night! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter