Official 2011 MNSSHP Party Planning Thread ..BOO to You and You..Happy Halloween!

I know it can change from year-to-year (& will probably especially change this year since Toon Town has closed). However, we are planning to attend the 2nd party (9/16), & I'm trying to plan out our strategy (we've never been before) since we won't have a lot of firsthand reports before the 9/16 party.

Anyway, a few questions -

Where is the merchandise normally sold? I'd like to purchase t-shirts & pins.

Where are the 7 Dwarfs normally located? I think that's probably going to be our 1st photo.

Do the princes meet w/ the princesses in the usual princess "meet & greet" area - for this year, this would be at the new princess area at the front of the park?

We have dinner scheduled at the Plaza at 5:10 pm - hoping to be done by 6:15ish - then should we get in line for the 7 Dwarfs?

Thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll have more questions as it gets closer!! :)

The merchandise is usually sold in several locations. Typically, the merchandise is sold at the Emporium, Mickey's Star Traders, the store in Frontierland, and the America shop in Liberty Square.

The seven dwarfs are usually located in Fantasyland near the skyway where the stroller parking is during the day. I would suggest getting in line right after dinner. I usually line up at 6:00pm since the line just grows and grows over the course of the evening.

The princes' usually meet with the princesses in their ordinary meet and greet location. I think it would be safe to say they will be meeting at the new location at Town Square Theater.

I haven't been to WDW in 15 years or so and it just turns out that I get to go twice this year! My second trip will be the last week of October and I'm hoping to go to the party that Tuesday. It looks like so much fun :) Has anyone been on a weekday that close to Halloween and have advice about the lines? I'm interested in the parade, fireworks and rides. We don't care so much about the meet and greets or the candy. Do you think the lines will still be relatively short for rides? Thanks, and good luck planning for everyone!

The closer you get to Halloween, the more busy the party gets (even on a Tuesday). If you are interested in rides, I would hit those during the first parade, catch the fireworks, and line up for the second parade. The second parade is much less crowded. After the second parade, you will still have time for a lot of rides and the park will start to thin out.

Also in case you forget to get at T-shirt, I did see them at the Poly gift shop also. I was surprised because I thought you could only get them at the party.

For the seasoned MNSSHP attendees...

We are planning to go to WDW Oct 1-9. There are 3 parties while we are there (at least we think so!!) on 10/2, 10/6 & 10/7. We are not sure whether to choose 10/2(Sunday) or 10/6(thursday).

10/1 is the Wine & Dine run, so not sure if the 10/2 party will be more crowded due to that. Also both party nights are also Fantasmic nights & we would like to see F! while we are there. 10/2 is F! & EMH evening at DHS, so not sure if that would make the crowds for F! worse or not. We haven't been to F! since they stopped showing it every night, so not sure what to expect.

I have asked this before, but am looking for more opinions to help me decide!! Thanks so much!

Thursday's are going to be less crowded than Sunday's (us local's tend to crowd the place on the weekends).

F! nights make DHS very busy.

Also in case you forget to get at T-shirt, I did see them at the Poly gift shop also. I was surprised because I thought you could only get them at the party.

They will have a selection of Halloween shirts at the Poly (or anywhere else) but the exclusive shirts should only be available at the party. I have never seen them sell them outside of the party. That's very odd.

The closer you get to Halloween, the more busy the party gets (even on a Tuesday). If you are interested in rides, I would hit those during the first parade, catch the fireworks, and line up for the second parade. The second parade is much less crowded. After the second parade, you will still have time for a lot of rides and the park will start to thin out.

Thanks for the advice, that makes a lot of sense!

They will have a selection of Halloween shirts at the Poly (or anywhere else) but the exclusive shirts should only be available at the party. I have never seen them sell them outside of the party. That's very odd.

I agree. A friend of mine wanted a shirt and told us make sure you get it at the party because that's the only time they are sold. We had ressie's at Ohana's the next night and while we were waiting I wandered into the gift shop and they had the 2010 MNSSHP T-shirts. I thought this was odd also.
I think we went the last party of Sept.

Oh and we'll be there for food and wine also and probably attending the party 10/2.

We will be there of the week of Sept the 20th to the 27th. We plan on doing the 20th and 23rd show. Love MNSSHP!:cool1:, last time was In 2009. Well over due. We did not get a picture with the 7 dawerfs,this might be a priorty. We have Dinner ADR at CP for 6:05 for the 20th and 8:30 for Cali Grill of the 23rd. We want to see the fireworks from the deck:cool1:

Our dates aren't set in stone yet, but we are hoping the party dates for this year are roughly what they were last year. If thats the case then we are shooting for MNSSHP on one of the last nights and then catch MVMCP the following week. We haven't been to MNSSHP yet but love MVMCP.

We will be there 10/22 - 10/29 so we have a choice of 4 nights. I was thinking the 23rd and 28th if we choose a 2nd night to go. Will we notice a huge difference between Sunday and Friday crowds vs. Tuesday and Thursday crowds? We just figured out our schedule for the week, but wondering if I should make some changes. I guess the other question would be is MNSSHP or Fantasmic going to be more tolerable crowd-wise on Sunday and Thursday since both are happening both of those nights? Anybody wanna share their predictions?

We haven't decided which date we'll attend yet, but excited to be there anyway!!

Will the "Mad Hatter's & Alice's Treat Trail" still be in the same place, or will the new Fantasyland construction interrupt the trail? If so, I wonder if they'll move it elsewhere in the park?

Our trip is planned for Oct 23rd returning the 29th. We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2008, we went in mid Nov the last two years. We like MNSSHP better then MVMCP, in 2008 we went to MNSSHP the Tuesday before Halloween and on Halloween night which was a Friday, it sold out but it really wasn't that bad. We're planning on going the 25th and 27th (might change to the 28th).

Happy Planning everybody!

We are going to be there late September, so we do plan to attend. Thank you, OP for the info about the Headless Horseman. I want to get a good picture.;)

We will be there 10/22 - 10/29 so we have a choice of 4 nights. I was thinking the 23rd and 28th if we choose a 2nd night to go. Will we notice a huge difference between Sunday and Friday crowds vs. Tuesday and Thursday crowds? We just figured out our schedule for the week, but wondering if I should make some changes. I guess the other question would be is MNSSHP or Fantasmic going to be more tolerable crowd-wise on Sunday and Thursday since both are happening both of those nights? Anybody wanna share there predictions?

I think the weekday dates will be automaticly less because the locals will tend to go on the weekends. Fantasmic will be crowded what ever day you chose, because of the less days they have it during the week. For Fantasmic I would just plan on getting there early, and waiting it out. The second show tends to be a little less crowded,but for a good seat early is still better

We are totally excited for our first MNSSHP! We will probably go on 10/23 and if we feel we want a second party we will decide there.

Quick question, and I know I have read this elsewhere but I can't seem to find it, but I am a HUGE villain fan. How many can you usually see after each Mix and Mingle?

TIA! :thumbsup2

This will be our first time for MNSSHP. We'll be there 9/30. I'll definately be checking this thread for tips! So excited!!:yay:

This will be our first time too! We're planning on Sept. 20th so I'm looking forward to your report. We have Le Cellier planned for lunch that day and plan on CS for dinner either before leaving our resort or at MK if we decide to go earlier.

I think the weekday dates will be automaticly less because the locals will tend to go on the weekends. Fantasmic will be crowded what ever day you chose, because of the less days they have it during the week. For Fantasmic I would just plan on getting there early, and waiting it out. The second show tends to be a little less crowded,but for a good seat early is still better

Fantasmic, or more the lack of Fantasmic options, really make it harder to plan. I reviewed our 1st schedule and decided to make some changes - now leaning towards MNSSHP Sun and Tue if we want a 2nd night and try for Fanstamic Thu night, and I like the new plans for the other days better too!
2nd request for predictions - do you think we'll be ok waiting until the 22nd to buy tickets for the 23rd party and the 24th for getting tickets to the 25th party? I know that last week of October is the busiest, but not sure if it's the full week or the few days closest to Halloween.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter