• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October 2008 code watch

Yeah right now, I'm just thankful for the AP because we're buying the DDE card when we get there. It'll help with food costs a lot. BTW, I'll be there from 9/27 - 10/4 and also had to split my trip into two parts. We're so close to going! Very exciting, right? :goodvibes

Yes, it's very close and it's getting exciting. I am starting to gather my clothes and items to bring. My adult children are also going and they have been getting all the snacks/drinks for the trip down. They are on the free dining but we aren't. We all were there last fall for the free dining and they booked and we didn't. I really didn't think my husband would want to be going back, but he suddenly has become a Disney Person!! We were there in May with his daughter and family and purchased the AP since my husband wanted to go again with my kids!! Have a wonderful time. As a side note, when we have the AP, I don't feel quite so obligated to spend the entire day in the parks-more relaxing. When we have the regular passes I feel I'm 'wasting a ticket' if we don't spend the whole day. It's weird but sometimes I feel like that. Have fun!!

Well, thanks to this board.. I called today about the MYW package code.. I had received a Pin code post card .. Finally!! and when I called initially to make my ressie, the first night I wanted was not covered on the pin code discount.. so made a room only ressie with AAA discount.. then the remaining nights were the pin discount.. I called today and asked if they would do it all as one ressie with the MYW code and she looked it up and said sure.. that was eligible for that discount, so she cancelled my room only and made it all one package. And.. now I won't have the possibility of having to move my room just in case since the first night was room only.. !! Yea!! :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks to all the posts for these discounts.. we need all the help we can get, right?!! Not to long now!
Cheryle

Just to let everyone know-

I used the code QXG last night for our stay in October- the 23rd to November 1st- at CBR (I had ressies for POFQ but they couldn't apply the code to there so we switched to CBR)-

we have two rooms for three adults, two children-, nine nights, 7 day hoppers, no dining for $3337. It is a savings of $1336 off of rack rate.

Here's the WDW website with the info-
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=FY09FallOfferPage

Hope someone else can use it!

Jo

I saw on mousesavers.com that Alabama, Georgia, and Carolina residents now qualify for the FL resident room only rate. Has anyone changed their ressie. I now have free dining pin code for 6 nts at All star sports, wondering if resident code for same package would be cheaper. :confused3

I just tried to use the code listed above for NC residents and was not able to use it for my stay at the AKL. So far I am paying rack rate, which is 878 for the 2 nights I am there. Wish I could get some kind of discount. I also had tried to use the current fall rate code the morning it came out, adding in the extra day before we leave for the 3 nights needed and wasn't able to get anything then either. Plus no other deals or pins have been sent to me. Oh well I guess I am destined to pay full rate. :-(

Melissa

I just tried to use the code listed above for NC residents and was not able to use it for my stay at the AKL. So far I am paying rack rate, which is 878 for the 2 nights I am there. Wish I could get some kind of discount. I also had tried to use the current fall rate code the morning it came out, adding in the extra day before we leave for the 3 nights needed and wasn't able to get anything then either. Plus no other deals or pins have been sent to me. Oh well I guess I am destined to pay full rate. :-(

Melissa

Are you flexible with your resort? If so I would probably try all of the codes at a different resort for the same dates. :confused3 Just a suggestion - I guess I am just too cheap to pay rack rate. :laughing:

Just saw Disney Visa cardholders offer (code QXZ) on mousesavers. It doesn't start until tomorrow though.

OT - I originally booked through a Travel agent. Can I change my discount code or does she have to make all of the changes?

wow- the mousesavers site shows this as a room discount AND free dining-
we are booked and ready to go Oct 16-20th

I am at least going to call first thing tomorrow to see if I can apply the QXZ code and get free dining- man that would be a dream come true

(even though my dates dont' techincally match what the site says I don't think it can hurt)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE some pixie dust right now.

pixiedust:

wow- the mousesavers site shows this as a room discount AND free dining-
we are booked and ready to go Oct 16-20th

I am at least going to call first thing tomorrow to see if I can apply the QXZ code and get free dining- man that would be a dream come true

(even though my dates dont' techincally match what the site says I don't think it can hurt)

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE some pixie dust right now.

pixiedust:

We are going around the same time as you 10/18-10/25. I wonder why our dates are excluded. This would have saved me a ton of money.

Melissa

I called this am and used this rate on our WL - club level stay (we're in SC). It knocked off another $150 off our 3 night stay - which was already a discounted AP rate! YEAY!

doesn't look there is anything for that code for my dates at the POR (which is clearly already paid for) BUT she is checking for the other moderates.

If I can still save on the room (figured about 300 already) AND get free dining
that would be a bonus

Oh I'm so tempted to try out the VISA code, but I'll have to lose my original reservation, won't I? I also have an AP, while the 4 other people in my group have hopper tickets and I don't know how it'll work. Hmm!!!!

Oh I'm so tempted to try out the VISA code, but I'll have to lose my original reservation, won't I? I also have an AP, while the 4 other people in my group have hopper tickets and I don't know how it'll work. Hmm!!!!

You only have to buy a one day ticket for each person in order to get the free dining. We already had our tickets too so we just did a MYW package with one day basic tickets and got free dining. It still saved us money as I got a pincode for free dining. Plus we are now considering of bringing a sitter since the food and room is already paid for - all it will cost us is her tickets.

My TA checked on getting me the disney visa discount plus free dining (which would have saved a few hundred) but no luck. She said she will keep trying tomorroow. I shouldn't complain though because free dining even with paying rack rates on the rooms is still good. :hug:

anyone happen to have a code for the value's?

Oct 19 - Oct 21

Just 2 nights seems all the codes are for longer.

okay. I am sorry I am new to this and very confused. Was hoping you could help me. Right now I am booked for 4 nights, MYW with Dining for 2 adults and one child. I used code QXG. We are staying at WL and paying $1833. I am not sure what FWT is? Is there another code I should try to try an save more?

Thanks for the Disney VISA code (QXZ). I just called and got another $246.72 off our stay at BCV. I had gotten $513.00 off a month ago using the Fall Celebrations. Thanks to the DISboards, we've saved over $750 this trip. I wish I would have know about this board a few years ago.:laughing:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYONE!

To answer your question Libbie,

Here are the codes posted with the current gp offer.
If you booked online:
FWT for MYW
DGP with dining
MMP with dlx dining

If you didn't book online:
DGL for MYW

QXZ with dining (code reported as QXD on mousesavers)

UVL for DLX dining

I am not sure what your dates are but I would also check mousesavers.com to see if there are any other discounts for your stay. Disney visa just offered a good one but there are a lot of blackout dates. Usually the general public will get the same offer a day or so later if you do not have a disney visa. Also, be sure to check your spam folder to see if they sent you a personal pin code. Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter