November 2006 Code/Rate Watch

I got $30 off my package. Yes you read it right. 5 nights POFQ with 10 day non expiring, via AAA. My agent is on top of things, so I know thats not it. But I was shocked at how little it went down. Especially after reading here the few hundreds people got off. This was non-Visa regular person discount, 11/1-11/6. Im bummed.

I know this is late in the game as far as this thread, but where did anyone originally find out about the Disney Visa promo? I've had a Disney Visa for quite some time now and even checked online and never did see anything about this promo. Were it not for this board, I would have missed it.

BTW, an interesting thing about these codes: The first codes (ZBC/ZBD) were not better than my AAA rate (by only a few dollars). The second set (ZBG/ZBH) were - by a considerable margin!

I booked my trip yesterday with the gp code...

I saved $574 using my Disney Visa!! $1829 rack rate down to $1290. My TA couldn't believe it...I think HE got excited. :rotfl2:

That's 10 days at ASMu with 10 day Hoppers for 2A & 1C. I had reservations at POP but ASMu was the only value resort available using the code. Of course I would change resorts to save $574! :rotfl:

I priced the room using AAA and buying my tickets (although they were only 7 day Hoppers) through Undercover Tourist using the Mousesavers link and I still saved over $250!

aviva5675 said:
I got $30 off my package. Yes you read it right. 5 nights POFQ with 10 day non expiring, via AAA. My agent is on top of things, so I know thats not it. But I was shocked at how little it went down. Especially after reading here the few hundreds people got off. This was non-Visa regular person discount, 11/1-11/6. Im bummed.
You did better then me. I can't get any discount for POFQ from 11/4-11/11. My agent said becase the hotel is pretty full already for that week. She gave us some ohter options but we may just stay put. My 6 year old wants to go down that slide at POFQ!

I did the Disney Visa Code the Other Day, Now I see A NEW Code Came Out.........What do I do now ????
Are you only allowed one code per ressie ???

QuinnsDad said:
Called this morning at 9:45 and stayed on hold for 15 minutes. Saved $378 on our package 11/18-11/25 at CSR with 7 day park hoppers for 2A,2C no insurance, no dinning. These reservations were made on 8/1 and the rack price at time of booking was $1981. Our discounted price is $1603.

My wife and kids are extremely excited about our trip (ok I'm excited too).
My Wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW 8 years ago. Since then we have taken our then 4 1/2 year old son back in 2004. We are returning this time with our son (6) and daughter (4). We have stayed at CBR, and ASSR.

My wife picked CSR and we can't wait to give it a try.

Hope everyone gets their codes/discounts worked out,
Have a nice evening,
QinnsDad

We are staying at the same resort and at the exact same time. Might see you there!

just called and couldn't get anything for the BC for late nov/early dec. I just found out about this late last night and I called this morning and they told me BC, GF, CR and Poly are all sold out, meaning the hotels are full. What's going on? I'm wondering if it's worth trying again??? I also have my TA on the case.

doncaruana said:
I know this is late in the game as far as this thread, but where did anyone originally find out about the Disney Visa promo? I've had a Disney Visa for quite some time now and even checked online and never did see anything about this promo. Were it not for this board, I would have missed it.

I found out about the code in the Aug 15 Mousesaver's newsletter. I immediately looked at the Disney Visa website and saw nothing. Thank you Mousesavers!!

CAJUNWDWFAN said:
We are staying at the same resort and at the exact same time. Might see you there!

Count us in too! We'll be arriving mid-afternoon on 11/18. I'm so excited about CSR. We were supposed to be staying at POP.

dancemomnj said:
You did better then me. I can't get any discount for POFQ from 11/4-11/11. My agent said becase the hotel is pretty full already for that week. She gave us some ohter options but we may just stay put. My 6 year old wants to go down that slide at POFQ!

You *could* stay at POR and still be able to have your 6 y.o. go down that slide AND save $

balletomane said:
You *could* stay at POR and still be able to have your 6 y.o. go down that slide AND save $

And she gets a boat ride to that slide to boot. :)

I too was trying to stay at POFQ for almost the same dates (11/3-11/11) for a 6yo who wanted that slide and also so disabled DH would be quick onto the bus with his ECV. It's a no-go for us getting a discount room there as well, so we did POR.

My sister TA called yesterday w/the code and we saved $396!!!! 2A 1C at POP w/hopping and dining 11/10 to 11/17. Yippee!! :dance3:

balletomane said:
When my TA looked yesterday the only moderate was CBR that was left for the discount.

How do they figure out the amount they discount? My TA just called and after being very presistant she got us $240 off our Pop w/dinning 2A & 2C for 11/28-12/05 vaction. I'm very happy to get anything off but can't help but wonder how others got luckier and got a bigger discount. Should we try and call again?

It seems like the $240 is what most people are getting for value resorts. We had to change resorts because POP was not available but we did get about the same discount as you. I's so happy for what we got!

Willowtrees said:
My AAA agent who we booked with was already on it when I e-mailed her the code this morning. She e-mailed me back and said its all done and it looks like we saved about $255.50!

OK, so I wasn't the greatest math student - after I did more figuring and check with the AAA TA it looks like we saved about $160.00. That wasn't as good as it sounded like it would be. We are staying at POP from 11/25 - 12/6 with dining, park hopper and there are 2A and 2C in the room. THe first day, 11/25 was added on and does not have tickets or dining. The original price was $2949.00 and the new price is $2789.00. Does this sound reasonable?? Just curious to know if this is in the ballpark of what others are paying.

Willowtrees said:
OK, so I wasn't the greatest math student - after I did more figuring and check with the AAA TA it looks like we saved about $160.00. That wasn't as good as it sounded like it would be. We are staying at POP from 11/25 - 12/6 with dining, park hopper and there are 2A and 2C in the room. THe first day, 11/25 was added on and does not have tickets or dining. The original price was $2949.00 and the new price is $2789.00. Does this sound reasonable?? Just curious to know if this is in the ballpark of what others are paying.

I think so, we are going the same time (same package) but only for 7 nights we were paying $2,246 and now w/ the discount it's $2,008. I think reading the begining whem people staying at the pop reported savings of over $350 I questioned it. But I just called to get other prices from disney using the discount they said it would be 2,128 for value. So I'm happy w/ what I got.

doncaruana said:

BTW, an interesting thing about these codes: The first codes (ZBC/ZBD) were not better than my AAA rate (by only a few dollars). The second set (ZBG/ZBH) were - by a considerable margin!

I booked my trip yesterday with the gp code...
AAA changed my package to the ZBD code the first day, and the package price went down $300. I stopped by the office and had them check the ZBH code and they told me the price came out the same. Isn't it interesting that we all don't get the same results with the same codes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter