November 2006 Code/Rate Watch

Is the code still ZB(D) for dining for the general public? I don't have a Disney Visa ... though I am sure at this time chances of any discount are absolutely nil for me --

You people who can call so early ... I leave for work at 0445 AM!!!! :teeth:

But I am happy for you all!!! :thumbsup2

BlindTyldak said:
About a half hour, just up in Watertown! You're the first Sowdacodan I've met here! :cheer2: Edit: Holy cow, we're going a day apart! Where are you flying out of?

And car1971: WOOHOO! Exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you! *sets alarm for 5:30 Central*

We are driving up to Minneapolis on Halloween and flying out at 8:00. I was just looking at your signature ... WE'RE AT POR TOO! :Pinkbounc Hope to see you there!

Called this morning at 9:45 and stayed on hold for 15 minutes. Saved $378 on our package 11/18-11/25 at CSR with 7 day park hoppers for 2A,2C no insurance, no dinning. These reservations were made on 8/1 and the rack price at time of booking was $1981. Our discounted price is $1603.

My wife and kids are extremely excited about our trip (ok I'm excited too).
My Wife and I spent our honeymoon at WDW 8 years ago. Since then we have taken our then 4 1/2 year old son back in 2004. We are returning this time with our son (6) and daughter (4). We have stayed at CBR, and ASSR.

My wife picked CSR and we can't wait to give it a try.

Hope everyone gets their codes/discounts worked out,
Have a nice evening,
QinnsDad

I guess no one will tell me if the code really is ZBD for the public??? I'm too stupid to figure this out and it's most likely a lost cause for me anyway. :confused3

SnwflkCts said:
I guess no one will tell me if the code really is ZBD for the public??? I'm too stupid to figure this out and it's most likely a lost cause for me anyway. :confused3

zbg is without the dining plan and zbh is with dining

Thanks Kay7979 -- now laugh hysterically as I wait on the phone for 40 minutes to find out I can't get it anyway. :teeth:

forever 35 said:
My TA contacted me this morning and said there were no codes available to me! I am at POR 11/6-11/11. I am paying on a 6 day MYY pass and dining. Can this be right? I am so discouraged. I dom't know if this is legit or the TA. Any advice...or are other people experiencing the same thing.

To avoid my TA telling me "nothing" was available, I went ahead and called up to see IF something was available--and it was. That way I could call back and tell my TA that I found something. It let me feel as if I had a leg up so to speak. I would suggest doing the same and if POR isn't available, maybe CSR is. Or maybe you just need to switch to water view or preferred to get the rate. You may still save a little money that way.

Good luck.

Happy for you all :thumbsup2 but after a short 15 minute wait, I did find out I couldn't use the code against the package I booked ... but that's ok ... now that I kind of see how to use a code ... maybe that knowledge will come in handy in Oct 2007 when I go again!! I still :love: WDW even without a discount!

Well, after my TA called and said their were no codes. I called WDW and was told the same thing. No moderates available for my time frame, WL and AKL were booked as well. I did not get a quote for the values.... I can't remember what code I gave the CM when I called. WDW had my previous inquires in the computer. They say they can't look at my current reservation due to conflicts with the TA. Should I be done trying???

I was booked through AAA. My agent called and told me that she couldn't get that special rate. I called and asked for the code with dinning. I was given the package, same as I booked with AAA and it saved me $200!!! I was happy even after paying $50/room cancelation fee with AAA. I am still saving $150. That might take care of gas one way!

I called my AAA TA this morning and she had not heard of the code yet. She called and could not get me a discount on my package at POP. I asked her to call back and this time try another value resort. I got All Star Sport for $260 less than POP. I think it pays to be flexable with the resort and persistant with the TA.

boomersmom said:
How are you getting codes applied to AAA packages already booked? I haven't been able to do this.

We just called them up and told them about the email we received from Disney Visa and they said let me check and I'll call you back. Called back about 10 mins later and said it was our lucky day you saved over $250 off your current reservation. Nothing changed, just a drop in price. Booked with AAA in March for November.

mygyky said:
We just called them up and told them about the email we received from Disney Visa and they said let me check and I'll call you back. Called back about 10 mins later and said it was our lucky day you saved over $250 off your current reservation. Nothing changed, just a drop in price. Booked with AAA in March for November.
same here, called them up - gave them the code - AAA put me on hold and called Disney travel and my rate went down $300!!!! Not a problem.

BlindTyldak said:
About a half hour, just up in Watertown! You're the first Sowdacodan I've met here! :cheer2: Edit: Holy cow, we're going a day apart! Where are you flying out of?

And car1971: WOOHOO! Exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you! *sets alarm for 5:30 Central*

We have friends in Leola. Not sure if that is near you. Don't see too many people from SD around here.

forever 35 said:
My TA contacted me this morning and said there were no codes available to me! I am at POR 11/6-11/11. I am paying on a 6 day MYY pass and dining. Can this be right? I am so discouraged. I dom't know if this is legit or the TA. Any advice...or are other people experiencing the same thing.
I had ressies at POR for 11/29 thru 12/6 and their were none availabe. were staying at Carribean beach insead

forever 35 said:
Did you give her the code? I had to tell my travel agent what the code was ZBH for MYW with dining. Call Disney and see if they have what you want available - It might be worth it to book through disney and cancel with the travel agent if that's possible. (don't know what type of cancellation fees you will incur.

forever 35 said:
Well, after my TA called and said their were no codes. I called WDW and was told the same thing. No moderates available for my time frame, WL and AKL were booked as well. I did not get a quote for the values.... I can't remember what code I gave the CM when I called. WDW had my previous inquires in the computer. They say they can't look at my current reservation due to conflicts with the TA. Should I be done trying???

:wave2: NO!! Do not give up trying. I called CRO, got the price with the code. I called AAA and told my TA about it and asked her to change my reservation. She called CRO and the rep didn't know anything about it. I told her to call again. The second rep knew about it but said that nothing was available. I told her to try again. Finally the third rep was able to take care of it.

The third rep told my TA that the first two reps didn't "look far enough down" (whatever that means) so they didn't see the information.

KEEP TRYING!!

I was lucky enought to get an email from my TA shortly after I arrived at work and she told me that she couldn't get a discounted package at POP which is where we were booked, but, she went ahead and booked us at CSR and saved us $98 over our POP price. I was sooooooooooo happy! :cool1:

I called DH at work and asked what he wanted to do and he said "quickly tell her YES!" Not bad for someone who put up a fight on going to DW at first.

Woo hoo! We leave 3 months from today!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

sherreis said:
I was lucky enought to get an email from my TA shortly after I arrived at work and she told me that she couldn't get a discounted package at POP which is where we were booked, but, she went ahead and booked us at CSR and saved us $98 over our POP price. I was sooooooooooo happy! :cool1:

I called DH at work and asked what he wanted to do and he said "quickly tell her YES!" Not bad for someone who put up a fight on going to DW at first.

Woo hoo! We leave 3 months from today!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Our travel dates are 11/16-11/20...see ya there!

mygyky said:
How do you sign up to get emails from Disney Visa?
I have a card and have been to the web site to see if this is an option and can't find it. I guess I should call customer service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter