• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not Official: Big Changes to Disney Dining Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so much food! I honestly feel like a sausage on the regular plan and still bring home lots of the snack credits. :crazy2: I do however have a couple of neighbors that can eat like that and they would love it. ::yes:: LOL

Haha I'm so used to 6-8 meals when training that in starving between the two

Am I understanding the CS changes correctly that you could substitute the desert or the beverage for a snack? I would love to hear this is correct, because I know some places offer an icee drink as a snack but not normally as part of a CS meal. If I could substitute a slushee for the normal choices of soda or tea, I would be thrilled.

Am I understanding the CS changes correctly that you could substitute the desert or the beverage for a snack? I would love to hear this is correct, because I know some places offer an icee drink as a snack but not normally as part of a CS meal. If I could substitute a slushee for the normal choices of soda or tea, I would be thrilled.
Not sure about this but, I do know that at PVH you can get the slushy as your normal drink already. Just as you can get a milkshake as your normal drink at 50's. Just ask them if it's allowed when ordering. :)

I am aware of this at TS like 50's, Sci Fi, CR, but I have never heard of it at CS like CHH.

I am aware of this at TS like 50's, Sci Fi, CR, but I have never heard of it at CS like CHH.
Yeppers. We got 2 meatball sandwiches, 2 chocolate cakes and 2 blue slushies at PVH in MK. We asked and they said it was no problem.

And don't forget......tipping (in most cases) is not included in the DDP. I don't want to get into a touchy subject but I just wanted to state that for the record. If you aren't used to the DDP it is easy to overlook the fact that a TS meal for even two adults can add up to be easily over $100. You can do the math for the tip. We always have a bunch of Disney gift cards that I buy up ahead of time to pay for tips when we are on the DDP. You can guestimate what your total bill would have been and buy cards accordingly.

Can you pay for tips using a gift card? Ive got a Free $200 gift card coming free from Disney on my upcoming trip. If i can use it for tips then thats one less thing i have to budget for.

Can you pay for tips using a gift card? Ive got a Free $200 gift card coming free from Disney on my upcoming trip. If i can use it for tips then thats one less thing i have to budget for.
Yes, or charge them to your room and pay the room charges with the gift card.

Thats awesome news. I wasn't aware of this so i'll certainly charge the tips to my magicband and pay with the giftcard. I thought it was limited to merchandise too

For the UK offer you have to collect the card from World of Disney store. But we are planning to do the same, charge tips to the room and then pay off the room balance before the last night using the gift card. Hopefully $200 will cover the majority of the tips for the 14 night trip.

Thanks Jon. Absolute Legend.

I assume that Disney will make you aware at some point that you need to go to WoD to collect the card?

Thanks Jon. Absolute Legend.

I assume that Disney will make you aware at some point that you need to go to WoD to collect the card?

From what I've read, you will get a voucher in the post before you leave UK and then you take that voucher to WoD. I've not managed to book on the free gift card offer before either.

Don't forget that they charge your credit card in the early hours of check-out day, so make sure you pay off the room bill on the last night before check-out.

Thanks again mate.

Another question for anyone. If ive read these changes correctly. I could go for Quick Service at Be Our Guest, where im not tied to having a desert, could i get a Coke (would it be on free refills ?), French Onion Soup and say Croque Monsieur for a single Quick Service credit? That sounds like good value.

Enjoying this thread. I've read the whole thing but want to make sure my thinking is correct. For a QS meal, I can substitute the drink for a snack? We usually ask for cups of ice water as our drink. So sorry if this has been answered repeatedly.

I ALWAYS get the slush as my drink with QSDP. Never had any issues anywhere I've asked. It's not expressly listed but when I asked the cashier they always said no problem.

Where can we find the new official allowances and new rules for QS food plan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter