• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not Official: Big Changes to Disney Dining Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love it if they would allow an additional entitlement at breakfast...chocolate croissant? I wonder if they would allow switching out a drink for the snack at breakfast? I agree that breakfast isn't a great use of the qs credits, but I really want Mickey waffles! We would end up with unused credits as we will be splitting a lot anyway (none of us are huge eaters). I don't think we would have bought the plan without free dining. But, these changes really are making it look better. We'll see.

I doubt it would be worth it to use your credits for breakfast, it's still a lot less expensive then other meals.even with a side

No dessert at breakfast so you can't exchange your dessert for anything.
That's been Disney's justification, but now it's not a dessert at lunch/dinner; it's a side or dessert. And the unofficial reports are listing numerous breakfast items that qualify as sides.

If Disney doesn't add a breakfast entitlement to make a breakfast credit at least come close to lunch/dinner in value, the biggest complaint about the plan will soon be inadequate breakfast options.

Breakfast really does seem like a waste of money on the DDP, unless you are on free dining and overloaded with credits.

Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ (for example) the chicken & ribs is around $15, plus $4.50 worth of dessert. The most expensive breakfast at a food court is the bounty platter at $8.99, You are wasting half the value of the credit.

Of course Be Our Guest breakfast is $19.99, so a much better use of a credit and it includes pastries. I really don't get why they don't allow a pastry alongside a breakfast entree at other CS places!

Ha! I love the changes, but for the opposite of what most of you are saying. My DD preferred snacks to meals and now she's in heaven because she can munch her way through three (make that four) of her favorites instead of having to choose just one for the day. I insist she still eat at least one meal, though... I always purchase the DDP anyway, though, because I budget for and then pay one bill when I plan the trip and don't have to think about it again.

Ha! I love the changes, but for the opposite of what most of you are saying. My DD preferred snacks to meals and now she's in heaven because she can munch her way through three (make that four) of her favorites instead of having to choose just one for the day. I insist she still eat at least one meal, though... I always purchase the DDP anyway, though, because I budget for and then pay one bill when I plan the trip and don't have to think about it again.

Except she has to choose three of them all at one time.

Except she has to choose three of them all at one time.
Good point, but not a problem! She'll most likely get them at the hotel food court at night. (They've got to be from somewhere that at least serves QS meals, right? Not a bakery or ice cream stand, etc.?)

Good point, but not a problem! She'll most likely get them at the hotel food court at night. (They've got to be from somewhere that at least serves QS meals, right? Not a bakery or ice cream stand, etc.?)
Still waiting on the official announcement...Looks like resort locations should all be able to convert the credits. Park locations don't seem as sure: Some reports I've seen indicate very limited options while others indicate any location that accepts QS credits.

I wonder how the different eateries will interpret this change for the next few months. For example, will CS like Flame Tree that have a salad entree on the menu begin to make a side salad when asked, or will they just allow you to sub desert for only the sides that would normally come on a platter? Or, might they allow additional things like a baked potato or chilli cheese fries? What about TS that don't have soup and or salad as an appetizer. Might they allow something else? I'm interested to see how BOG CS handles this. The cupcake is ok, but I'd enjoy a soup instead.
When I heard about these potential changes, the first thing that entered my mind was BOG. I would take the French onion soup over the cupcake any day!

These sound great!! Especially during Food/Wine, would be awesome to swap out a quick service for 3 snacks!
I don't remember where I read it but, it said you would not be able to do this at kiosks. That would take the food & wine thing out. I am finally getting to go to food & wine for the first time this year and was really excited about doing this exact thing until I read that. :(

It's for two people.
We're totaling $275 a day on average with three courses at a 1TS and a 2TS, 2 snacks and two soft drinks at the resort.

$109.53/adult/night DxDP full rate
$48.89/adult/night DxDP during free dining with a moderate stay.

$275/couple/day average
$219.06/couple full rate DxDP
$97.78/couple DxDP during free dining w/moderate resort

We generally do a 12:00 lunch and then an 8:00 dinner, so despite being three courses, there's an eight hour split between meals for us so no gorged feeling. During that eight hour split = our two snack options.
That is so much food! I honestly feel like a sausage on the regular plan and still bring home lots of the snack credits. :crazy2: I do however have a couple of neighbors that can eat like that and they would love it. ::yes:: LOL

I don't remember where I read it but, it said you would not be able to do this at kiosks. That would take the food & wine thing out. I am finally getting to go to food & wine for the first time this year and was really excited about doing this exact thing until I read that. :(

Even if it was possible, you would have to get the 3 snack exchange in ONE transaction, so all of them at the same kiosk.

That would not be a problem. DH and I could split them. :)
We won't know until official word comes out, but all unofficial information I've seen indicates that conversion to snack credits will only be available at locations that take QS credits: kiosks do not. Also, some suggest only a handful of locations outside of resorts will be able/willing to convert.

It's for two people.
We're totaling $275 a day on average with three courses at a 1TS and a 2TS, 2 snacks and two soft drinks at the resort.

$109.53/adult/night DxDP full rate
$48.89/adult/night DxDP during free dining with a moderate stay.

$275/couple/day average
$219.06/couple full rate DxDP
$97.78/couple DxDP during free dining w/moderate resort

We generally do a 12:00 lunch and then an 8:00 dinner, so despite being three courses, there's an eight hour split between meals for us so no gorged feeling. During that eight hour split = our two snack options.
Since you seem to be skipping breakfast - are you aware that DxDP allows you to order room service?

We won't know until official word comes out, but all unofficial information I've seen indicates that conversion to snack credits will only be available at locations that take QS credits: kiosks do not. Also, some suggest only a handful of locations outside of resorts will be able/willing to convert.
Yes I know....I said that in a post 2 or 3 up. :) She was just saying "even if it was possible". Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter