No Pool Noodles Allowed

Our local pools all have them in the pool toy storage and are used daily. The even use them in the lessons.

Exactly... No scolding or condescending attitudes are necessary for me to follow the rules. I just want the rules to be consistent...
Exactly. This is the first time I've ever heard about someone being told they can't use noodle in pool, it's news to me. And I've used noodles for many years. I don't think it's a hard and fast rule, perhaps it's up to lifeguards discretion depending on pool volume. I'm good with that. I wouldn't want to see it a consistent rule no matter what. I'm good with it being dependant upon daily conditions.
I'm a pretty compliant person, and if I'm asked to do or not do something I do it without argument.

It's like the classic saying it's always a select few that ruin it for everyone.

Can't say I've seen a lot of noodles used in the pools when in the world. But as long as the people using them aren't disturbing anyone I see no issue with them.

How odd. They were selling them in the Pop gift shop last October!
Right. And we used them as recent as both March and June of this year at sports, french quarter, and wilderness lodge. If it's a new rule or subject to certain circumstances they should say that. It could also be someone new who was told "no floats" and doesn't see the difference. My understanding is you can't use anything that can block their view of the pool floor like the kind you lay down on. We go back for a stay at sports on Aug 1st and I'm intending on using mine just like always...we'll see what happens.

Exactly... No scolding or condescending attitudes are necessary for me to follow the rules. I just want the rules to be consistent...

But the pool rules are not consistent. Much is left up to the discretion of the life guard, who are the ones that run the pool area. Just like they can allow people to have pool guests if they think it is ok at that time. If they want the added hassle of extra guests or pool items, it is their choice. And I honestly think if they had a written in stone rule, you could forget ever using your pool noodles.

I don't think anyone was talking about disrespecting lifeguards or not following lifeguards instruction not to use pool noodle if asked.

well, the reference was that "they had an unfortunate timing with a lifeguard that was a stickler for the rules" or something like that. That in essence is disrespecting someone that is jus doing their job.

well, the reference was that "they had an unfortunate timing with a lifeguard that was a stickler for the rules" or something like that. That in essence is disrespecting someone that is jus doing their job.

EXACTLY.
We live in a town home community where the pool rules are "No Toys....Flotation devices allowed only in the shallow end."
Last Friday, there was a situation where a mom brought all 6 of her children loaded with toys and various rafts to the pool. They immediately started throwing the toys into the pool (one narrowly missing my head), and darting between the deep and shallow end of the pool, and when pleasantly reminded of the rules, Mom's reply was, "Oh Jeez....what? Are you gonna report me too? They're just kids! They're not bothering anyone!"
It's this kind of attitude I believe Tiggers Ally and I are trying to avoid.
I don't want to say don't bring your pool noodles, (We've used them at BC/YC ourselves), but I think if you're told they're not allowed, please respect the wishes/motivations of the lifeguard on duty rather than challenge him/her, forcing them to take their eyes off the pool. It seems to me that whether or not one can use them might vary by pool, and by capacity.

The issue here is mainly the lack of official policy and response (par for the course for Disney these days). If pool noodles are prohibited at a particular pool, it should be clearly stated on the signage for that particular pool. However, as usual, there will have to be a violent outbreak or fist fight or some other "situation" before Disney decides to officially address the issue. Until then, they'll just leave it ambiguous and this whole confusion about the inconsistency will persist.

The funny part for me is I sit on mine so it's curved upwards and don't even show.. If I'm not using it that way it is tucked under my arms around my back and still really barely shows... Haha ... Just floating around minding my own business not bothering a sole around me.. Little ole innocent me.

EXACTLY.
We live in a town home community where the pool rules are "No Toys....Flotation devices allowed only in the shallow end."
Last Friday, there was a situation where a mom brought all 6 of her children loaded with toys and various rafts to the pool. They immediately started throwing the toys into the pool (one narrowly missing my head), and darting between the deep and shallow end of the pool, and when pleasantly reminded of the rules, Mom's reply was, "Oh Jeez....what? Are you gonna report me too? They're just kids! They're not bothering anyone!"
It's this kind of attitude I believe Tiggers Ally and I are trying to avoid.
I don't want to say don't bring your pool noodles, (We've used them at BC/YC ourselves), but I think if you're told they're not allowed, please respect the wishes/motivations of the lifeguard on duty rather than challenge him/her, forcing them to take their eyes off the pool. It seems to me that whether or not one can use them might vary by pool, and by capacity.
I totally understand where you're coming from, they're will always be that ignorant element like the woman at your pool. But I think most people are compliant and wouldn't think of challenging a lifeguard.
I've just never heard of this no noodles in the pool. Especially when they sell them at resort shops!! So I kinda doubt it's a rule too, and varies by circumstsnces. We don't know what was happening at that pool for the lifeguard to make that judgment.
Hopefully I'll be happily floating around the GF pool soon :beach:. I've started packing today!

I totally understand where you're coming from, they're will always be that ignorant element like the woman at your pool. But I think most people are compliant and wouldn't think of challenging a lifeguard.
I've just never heard of this no noodles in the pool. Especially when they sell them at resort shops!! So I kinda doubt it's a rule too, and varies by circumstsnces. We don't know what was happening at that pool for the lifeguard to make that judgment.
Hopefully I'll be happily floating around the GF pool soon :beach:. I've started packing today!

I don't think there's a steadfast rule about there not being pool noodles. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the lifeguards are told that things like pool noodles are up to their discretion. So, I'm simply saying that if a lifeguard tells you to put it away, the only reply should be, "Ok, no problem."

I don't think there's a steadfast rule about there not being pool noodles. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the lifeguards are told that things like pool noodles are up to their discretion. So, I'm simply saying that if a lifeguard tells you to put it away, the only reply should be, "Ok, no problem."

I know Yacht and Beach Clubs sell the noodles as well as AKL. We used them in both pools last week. I'd say if the resort sells noodles then it's allowed in the pool. A noodle isn't anyone's first choice for a Disney Souvenir after all! Just my opinion and recent experience though.

Sadly back home and doing :laundy:

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter