No Pool Noodles Allowed

Happy 2 go

Earning My Ears
My SIL and I were at the Contemporary Pool a few weekends ago floating around the edge of the pool with our pool noodles ( like we have done for many years at all Disney Pools).... and she was told by a lifeguard the Noodles are not allowed to be used in the pool. We were shocked when she was told this. I don't understand, we are grown women not using these for a life support but a relaxing way to stay afloat. We were not bothering anyone....unlike the adults who were tossing a ball around and bumping into people and splashing in their faces. Not to mention the pool water was so hot it felt more like a hot tub. For me this was very disappointing . I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. I don't want to argue with anyone about it but is this a new rule ?

I could be wrong but I think that this has been a rule for a while now. I thought that I remembered hearing/seeing on our last trip that pool noodles are not allowed. I think that there are several reasons for this:

1. Some people use them as floatation devices and this is not safe.
2. Some kids (and some adults) tend to fling them around quite a bit and they end up hitting and bothering other pool goers.

I know that almost all of the public pools in my area do not allow them.

From that Cheetos commerical I think if you just bribe them with Cheetos they'll let you keep them? ;)

Never saw any at the Poly pools in the last few stays. I think the main issue is that they'll take up extra space in a crowded pool

I agree with bpadair, as far as I know, it has been the rule for some time. The reason is/was not that you were "bothering anyone."

I have not seen them allowed in the main pool over the years, but have seen people using them in quiet pools at moderates (where there are no lifeguards) with no problem. Honestly the main pool at the resort is always so chaotic anyway I can't imagine trying to float around it.

We've always used them at Beach Club SAB pool as well as the POFQ pool. We bring them every trip (just to float / relax). We always bring our own, but I believe I have seen them for sale at some resorts. That's too bad:(

I know we've used pool noodles at SAB no problem with them there, I haven't tried them at other feature pools (because they aren't as big and spread out as SAB) but have used them in quiet pools at other resorts. Not sure if they no longer allow them any more (in at least the quiet pools), or if maybe it's only a rule at the main pools?

Thanks every one for replies so far. We always brought them from home. I guess they are allowed at certain resorts. If you are heading to Contemporary, don't be surprised how hot the pool water is at both pools with this summer heat. The resort is one of my favorite but the pool area needs to be updated in my opinion. I'm looking forward to heading to the AKL next month to enjoy pool time there. I won't bring my Noodle... Lol

I always have a pool noodle at the community pool at BWV and no one has ever said a word to us as recent as May 2016...although there are no lifeguards there either to say anything. But I would venture to guess, that based on the number of 50 plus old people in that particular pool with their noodles, if someone said you can't have them....well....could be a not so nice scene. :rolleyes1

Sorry that happened to you, I'd have been really bummed too. Sounds like you just had an unfortunate confrontation with a rules-stickler type

The reason that many pools do not allow any floating things is becuase they block the view fo the lifeguards. I did not understand why SAB allowed them, they are very distracting. I knwo at home, no public pool or our public beaches on teh lakes allow any of these noodles, etc when the guards are on duty. No exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter