• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nicki & Todd are at it again, F&W style, snacking & drinking oh my! LIVE Tonight!!

I completely agree with Nicki on this! Burgers & onion rings at B&C are wonderful and there's really nothing better than a No Way Jose if you like chocolate & peanut butter :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cloud9:

Well now, that sounds like his favorite meal!:thumbsup2 Thanks...I need him to LOVE WDW so we can go back every year ;) :lmao:

Oh my gosh-- Il Mulino looks fabulous!!!!!! Where is it located? Thanks so much for the amazing review and pics from your trip ;)

Oh my gosh-- Il Mulino looks fabulous!!!!!! Where is it located? Thanks so much for the amazing review and pics from your trip ;)

Oh it was fantastic! Such a relaxing meal with incredible food and the best cocktail ever!

Il Mulino is located on the ground floor of the Swan...not on the DDP put totally worth the $ out of pocket.

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed the reviews and pictures!

Hi, Nicki!

I'm sorry about all of the changes, but isn't that the hallmark of the Toddster? I bet the Yacht club will be stunning at Christmas, and you will be closer to Epcot, which isn't all bad...

I'm glad we get our report sooner than expected!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

Hi, Nicki!

I'm sorry about all of the changes, but isn't that the hallmark of the Toddster? I bet the Yacht club will be stunning at Christmas, and you will be closer to Epcot, which isn't all bad...

I'm glad we get our report sooner than expected!

Best,

Mrs. Spratt

Hi Mrs. Spratt!

Well things have changed already, I cancelled YC GV CL for the Poly GV CL because it was just $80 more for the entire stay...I have been checking the AP discount date search every day to see if it would open up and lo and behold it sure did! $400 more for the LV but that is out of my range for this trip and I am hoping for Pixie Dust and they upgrade us to LV since it is our anniversary and all.

We are hoping to go up late on the 17th and turn in some of DH's travel points and stay at offsight for free for just one night and check in at the Poly early, hopefully have breakfast at Kona or something first.

And of course since we changed resorts I have some restaurant changes as well....

I cancelled Capts Grill lunch on our MVMCP day and booked Kona lunch instead and for our departure day instead of going to Epcot for lunch at Chefs de France we will go to MK for LTT. Never been to either of these places for lunch so it should be interesting.

I am so happy to go back to the Poly I cannot wait! Just 26-27 more days, keep your fingers crossed that the Toddster doesnt mess this one up too!

Nic

Hi Mrs. Spratt!

Well things have changed already, I cancelled YC GV CL for the Poly GV CL because it was just $80 more for the entire stay...I have been checking the AP discount date search every day to see if it would open up and lo and behold it sure did! $400 more for the LV but that is out of my range for this trip and I am hoping for Pixie Dust and they upgrade us to LV since it is our anniversary and all.

We are hoping to go up late on the 17th and turn in some of DH's travel points and stay at offsight for free for just one night and check in at the Poly early, hopefully have breakfast at Kona or something first.

And of course since we changed resorts I have some restaurant changes as well....

I cancelled Capts Grill lunch on our MVMCP day and booked Kona lunch instead and for our departure day instead of going to Epcot for lunch at Chefs de France we will go to MK for LTT. Never been to either of these places for lunch so it should be interesting.

I am so happy to go back to the Poly I cannot wait! Just 26-27 more days, keep your fingers crossed that the Toddster doesnt mess this one up too!

Nic

I had a late night last night (went to see Tim McGraw perform) and I wake up to CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Todd...you are making me older than I already am.

So, may we please now have the "new line-up" for all meals so I'm not so darned confused????

I had a late night last night (went to see Tim McGraw perform) and I wake up to CHANGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Todd...you are making me older than I already am.

So, may we please now have the "new line-up" for all meals so I'm not so darned confused????

Oh wow how was the concert? I went to a forture teller party last night and got home late....

The Nov line up is something like this, give or take a few changes :rotfl:

Get in late on Nov 17 (hoping to anyways), have dinner at WPE in DTD

If we get in on the 17th we will go to Kona for breakfast at the Poly and check in to the CL room and have lunch at Capt Cooks or in a park.

If we do not get in on the 17th and drive up on the 18th we will go to DTD and have an early lunch at WPE and then go check in to the Poly CL

Dinner on November 18th will be late since we will do appies and drinks at the Poly CL lounge and then go to Jiko to celebrate anniversary.

Nov 19 - breakfast in the lounge, lunch at Kona, appies at the Poly lounge and then go to MVMCP...if we get hungry for dinner we will go to Peco Bill's and he have the dessert party at 8:40.

Nov 20 - breakfast in the lounge, lunch at Epcot...probably Sunshine Seasons because I love that Cuban sandwich! If not then DH will eat at China and I will eat at Germany or Morocco. Dinner will be an early one at Mama Melrose (have not been to dinner here since 06) and then tour the Osborne Lights.

Nov 21 - breakfast in the lounge, lunch at Flame Tree BBQ, appies in the Poly Lounge and a late dinner at Citrico's to celebrate anniversary.

Nov 22 - breakfast in the lounge, lunch at LTT and then we head home

So that is the Plan Stan and hopefully we will stick to it :thumbsup2

Oh wow how was the concert? I went to a forture teller party last night and got home late....Let me just say that my heart was pounding and I could stare at him ALL NIGHT!

So that is the Plan Stan and hopefully we will stick to it :thumbsup2

We did the LTT for lunch two years ago...we really liked it. They took off the menu what I had -- the turkey panini, but Mark had the Pilgrim's Feast (he did this because I refuse to kick turkey at home) and he enjoyed it; also the Colony salad looked good which I saw someone having at the table next to us. Mark had the ooey gooey toffee cake for dessert (and thought it was pretty good) and I had the three-chocolate brownie (not a fan).

So until the next episode of "How The Stomach Turns" for the new updated restaurants.
:rotfl::rotfl::lmao:

Love ya and miss ya

Nicki I see you have the resort changing saga going on...:rotfl: Looking foward to another one of your dining reviews...they are great!!!

I ate at Citricos on our last trip for the first time in ages...and loved it!!! I am sure you will too...what a nice way to celebrate your anniversay!

We want a Pre Trip Report!

DITTO

DITTO

DITTO

DITTO

DITTO (boy, I'm going to be in trouble now!) :lmao:

we want a pre trip report!

Please!!

Please!!

Please!!

Please!!

Please!!

Please!!

Please!!

Oh man you guys are killing me! I would LOVE to start a pre trip dining report but I am afraid that will jinx my trip! Todd is in Chicago for a few days and then Georgia and if all goes well we will be on for the night of Nov 17th but I am not going to count my chickens before they hatch!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that we are going on this trip, Todd says that if he cant go that I should take the nieces with me but I dont know if my sister will let me take them out of school!

Would it be bad if I just go by myself? This is supposed to be our Xmas gift to each other!

Ugh, why does work always get in the way of my plans? :rotfl:

Oh man you guys are killing me! I would LOVE to start a pre trip dining report but I am afraid that will jinx my trip! Todd is in Chicago for a few days and then Georgia and if all goes well we will be on for the night of Nov 17th but I am not going to count my chickens before they hatch!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that we are going on this trip, Todd says that if he cant go that I should take the nieces with me but I dont know if my sister will let me take them out of school!

Would it be bad if I just go by myself? This is supposed to be our Xmas gift to each other!

Ugh, why does work always get in the way of my plans? :rotfl:

Todd is in Chicago and you didn't give him my number??????:scared1:

The trip will go off. The trip will go off. The trip will go off. And no it would NOT be a bad thing if you went by yourself.

I would love a trip by myself!!! Just to wander around and do whatever I wanted.

Plus there's so much to see during the holidays - all the decorations at the resorts.

I hope your trip together is still on, but I'd go alone if Hubby didn't mind. It's something you've never done, so why not try it once.

Hope all is well, miss chatting with ya!
Mare:flower3:

Todd is in Chicago and you didn't give him my number??????:scared1:

The trip will go off. The trip will go off. The trip will go off. And no it would NOT be a bad thing if you went by yourself.

I would love a trip by myself!!! Just to wander around and do whatever I wanted.

Plus there's so much to see during the holidays - all the decorations at the resorts.

I hope your trip together is still on, but I'd go alone if Hubby didn't mind. It's something you've never done, so why not try it once.

Hope all is well, miss chatting with ya!
Mare:flower3:

Well I was chatting with the hubbykins last night and he said if he cannot go he wants me to still go but he worries about me doing the three hour drive and the touring alone, but I assured him I could handle it.

I would really enjoy going along and I would really love to take the girls, I could change my room type to a standard GV at the Poly and that would make up for the cost of their tickets....if my sis will let me take them out of school for 3 days...but I am not going to mention it yet, lets hope Todd can go with me!

I can just picture myself in the parks the entire time, alone, taking in everything and anything Disney has to offer. I would go to the parks from open to close, take in all the EMH hours, since my dining ressies are for 2 I can still keep them for just little ol' me

If I take the girls I would have to change everything around and try to get character breakfast for every day and wing it CS style for lunch and dinner...

Any of the three options would work for me!

Sweetie, you cannot compare going with kids to going alone. With kids, it's all about them! :sad2: I'd go alone!! :yay: I love my kids dearly, but DH and I cannot wait until they are old enough to leave with relatives so we can head back to the world without them!!

Honestly, that's the MAIN reason why I chose NOT to go to Disney for DH's bday. I needed a real vacation from my kids. On our cruise, both kids can go to the Kid's camp which will allow us some adult time. You have no idea how badly I want to sit by the adult pool with a fruity beverage in hand. Plus I discovered Carnival offers the Kids dinner in the Kids Camp!! I can even enjoy a meal without them!!! First time in 6 years I'll be able to enjoy a meal in peace!!!:cloud9:

Sorry I'm no help with your decision. As a stay at home mom, I crave adult conversation without the kids!!!:rotfl: I hear WDW-Alone and that's a just a dream to me!!:love:

By the way, I drive to our Poconos home which is a little over 2 hours away all the time with the two kids. Thankfully they watch their DVDs, get them a bag each of McD fries and they're fine. As long as I have a full tank, AAA card (incase of a flat) and snacks for the road, I'm fine. Don't worry about the drive, time passes so fast in the car! :drive:

Mare, I can totally see your point of view and I would love to go alone...I think it would be so cool to take the kids so they can experience Xmas at WDW, I just saw them the other day and the little one was asking me when I was going to take her to Disney again so she can ride the big girl rides...:rotfl:

What DH forgets is that I have driven to WPB (about 3 hours away) and Orlando by myself a few times and I have been fine..I think he forgets that I am a big girl :lmao:

Mare, I can totally see your point of view and I would love to go alone...I think it would be so cool to take the kids so they can experience Xmas at WDW, I just saw them the other day and the little one was asking me when I was going to take her to Disney again so she can ride the big girl rides...:rotfl:

What DH forgets is that I have driven to WPB (about 3 hours away) and Orlando by myself a few times and I have been fine..I think he forgets that I am a big girl :lmao:

I've driven to Disney by myself a few times, and it's 8 hours from here :laughing:

How old are the girls now? From my experience, the older they get; the harder it is for them to miss school. High school is impossible, MS is difficult but do-able and elementary is pretty darn easy :goodvibes

Hope your sweetie can go with you, if not.....good luck with your decision :hug:

I've driven to Disney by myself a few times, and it's 8 hours from here :laughing:

How old are the girls now? From my experience, the older they get; the harder it is for them to miss school. High school is impossible, MS is difficult but do-able and elementary is pretty darn easy :goodvibes

Hope your sweetie can go with you, if not.....good luck with your decision :hug:

I think everyone in my family believes I am 10 years old and cannot drive myself anywhere :lmao: I have lived here for 19 years (since I was 18) and whenever my mom comes to visit she cannot believe I know my way around town :rotfl2:

Na is 13.5 and in middle school, I think 9th grade? Kayla is going to be 7 next month and is in 1st grade. I have not asked my sis yet because I dont want to make a promise if Todd can come with me....I figure if the girls did go they would miss 3 school days.

I wish I had a crystal ball and could predict the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter