• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nicki & Todd are at it again, F&W style, snacking & drinking oh my! LIVE Tonight!!

Oh man you have no idea what HE** hubby is putting me through today! Our Dec trip is off..he will be out of town on business and I have to call WDW and see if we can change our MVMCP party tickets to another day and I have to call WDW and see if I can get a good price and of course there is nothing left for Thanksgiving week at a good price. I can get us in at the Dolphin again but he doesnt think it will feel holiday-ish enough...so I am working like a freak trying to get something that will please the man!

Oh, no! :sad1: Did you try Coronado?

I just got bad news--youngest son has two fractured bones in his ankle; may not get to wrestle at all this year...may have to redshirt and try and come back next year. He's not a very happy camper right now and I'm hurting for him.

I just got bad news--youngest son has two fractured bones in his ankle; may not get to wrestle at all this year...may have to redshirt and try and come back next year. He's not a very happy camper right now and I'm hurting for him.

My turn to say Oh No! That is horrible, I bet he is so upset right now....he needs to heal it correctly so he can wrestle next year.

Well I switched my reservation from Dec 14-17 at the GFC RPC to Nov 18-22 YC CL....same price and I get an extra day out of it so I am pretty happy and it is our 13 anniversary that week so we can celebrate Disney style.

I booked my ressies for meals too, dinner at Jiko on arrival night, Citricos, Capts Grill, Mama Melrose and lunch at Chefs de France on departure day. All breakfasts will be at the CL lounge and lunches we are going to wing it, maybe Beaches & Cream and ESPN.

We are looking forward to going back to the YC, been almost 2 years since we stayed there. Never stayed CL there before so that should be interesting....DH's plan is to rest and relax at the pool all day, get cleaned up for dinner and party at the parks until they close!

The last thing left to do is call the ticket line tomorrow and see if they will allow me to change my MVMCP tickets for another date and then book the Wishes dessert party for that night.

Next year I am not planning a WDW vacation so far in advance as my DH has messed them all up this year! But I wont complain too much....:laughing:

Kat - My heart just aches for him, I know how much sports means to the boys. I know when he hurts you do too Mom. Hugs for all of you.

Nicki - :yay: You work fast woman!!!!:thumbsup2

Hi Kathleen! :yay: Welcome to the food reviews! The lobster from Fultons is fantastic, it is not on the menu but the last three times I have been there the waiters have said if you can dream it the chef can make it for you....the last 2 times I did fried lobster and shrimp but this time I did just the lobster and it was awesome, not greasy and super tender, not chewy or stringy at all.

Thanks for the :welcome: And thanks for the advice. I'm pumped to keep reading (I'm only one review in on this one)

My turn to say Oh No! That is horrible, I bet he is so upset right now....he needs to heal it correctly so he can wrestle next year.

Well I switched my reservation from Dec 14-17 at the GFC RPC to Nov 18-22 YC CL....same price and I get an extra day out of it so I am pretty happy and it is our 13 anniversary that week so we can celebrate Disney style.

I booked my ressies for meals too, dinner at Jiko on arrival night, Citricos, Capts Grill, Mama Melrose and lunch at Chefs de France on departure day. All breakfasts will be at the CL lounge and lunches we are going to wing it, maybe Beaches & Cream and ESPN.

We are looking forward to going back to the YC, been almost 2 years since we stayed there. Never stayed CL there before so that should be interesting....DH's plan is to rest and relax at the pool all day, get cleaned up for dinner and party at the parks until they close!

The last thing left to do is call the ticket line tomorrow and see if they will allow me to change my MVMCP tickets for another date and then book the Wishes dessert party for that night.

Next year I am not planning a WDW vacation so far in advance as my DH has messed them all up this year! But I wont complain too much....:laughing:
You have some good ADRs lined up. I really want to hear about Captain's Grille, there are like no reviews at all for that place, but the menu is kind of interesting, and it's in an easy to get to location.

Dont know why I am because this trip will probably get changed too :rotfl:

You have some good ADRs lined up. I really want to hear about Captain's Grille, there are like no reviews at all for that place, but the menu is kind of interesting, and it's in an easy to get to location.

There isnt anyplace that is wowing me for dinner prior to the MVMCP and we are doing the dessert party so I dont want to do CP (plus the foods are very salty there) so I figured why not do a nice lunch at Capts Grill and snack in the CL lounge at 5-6 and then head over to the party and if we get hungry we can get some CS stuff.

Kat - My heart just aches for him, I know how much sports means to the boys. I know when he hurts you do too Mom. Hugs for all of you.

Thanks, guys. My heart is breaking for him. He worked all summer long so that he would have his best "last" season and now it looks as if he will have no season. He hasn't decided if he is going to try to rehab and come back next year (he can take a redshirt for this year). I keep asking him if he thinks these things that keep popping up: water in his knee, two fractured bones in his ankle and a bulging disc in his lower back are God's way of telling him to hang it up? But he is a stubborn, persistent young man and is determined to go out a winner.

No RPC!!! :sad2: I was looking forward to you going and seeing the refurbed lounge!! :sad1:

Are you still planning to visit the GF?? The new floor looks gorgeous!! :yay:

I love the Characters in the floor!! Cinderella, Peter, Wendy & Boys, Mickey, Goofy! It's so cute!!

Please go and visit it for me!! I have no idea when our next trip will be!!

Check out the new floor here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwt2tXrvTT4&feature=player_embedded

No RPC!!! :sad2: I was looking forward to you going and seeing the refurbed lounge!! :sad1:

I love the Characters in the floor!! Cinderella, Peter, Wendy & Boys, Mickey, Goofy! It's so cute!!

They got that floor done fast. I was there just over a week before that video was taken, while all the construction was going on.

The new floor looks fabulous, and I can't wait to see it in person next year.

They got that floor done fast. I was there just over a week before that video was taken, while all the construction was going on.

I was there in June, they had some construction going on in the outer lodges, but nothing inside the main building. They were about to refurb M. Merchantile that week. They were moving all the merchandise into the other shops.

I would LOVE to see the floor!!! I know if Nicki goes, she'll give us a very detailed review!! :goodvibes

I know I was so bummed but his work comes before a Disney trip ;)

We decided on Nov 18-22 so we can still see the decorations and celebrate our 13 year anniversary so I am pretty happy. I could not believe all the rooms that were available with the discounts like AP and FL resident. The only one I could not get was the GF RPC but that is ok because DH is excited with the YC CL and the rate was the same as the GF RPC but I am getting an extra night thrown in so I am happy.

We will be going to Citrico's for dinner one night, plan on driving our own car over to the GF and wander around for a while and after dinner have a drink at the bar and listen to the live band, hopefully the place will be decorated for Xmas.

Where did the re-do the floors? I have not been over there since January.

Ooh I cannot wait to check them out now!

I was there in June, they had some construction going on in the outer lodges, but nothing inside the main building. They were about to refurb M. Merchantile that week. They were moving all the merchandise into the other shops.

I would LOVE to see the floor!!! I know if Nicki goes, she'll give us a very detailed review!! :goodvibes

You know I will take a ton of pics!

Very weird, I know I posted here the other day about the idea of cruising :confused3 don't know what happened to it but the point of it was: don't forget me, I want to come too :goodvibes

It was a crazy busy week: I didn't have a voice most of the week, DD was sick, my sisters 1month old was sick and ended up in the hospital (came home yesterday, she's doing much better) plus tennis and rain delays for tennis conference tournament (DD is on the varsity tennis team & I'm team mom) :upsidedow

Oh man you have no idea what HE** hubby is putting me through today! Our Dec trip is off..he will be out of town on business and I have to call WDW and see if we can change our MVMCP party tickets to another day and I have to call WDW and see if I can get a good price and of course there is nothing left for Thanksgiving week at a good price. I can get us in at the Dolphin again but he doesnt think it will feel holiday-ish enough...so I am working like a freak trying to get something that will please the man!

I am so jealous of your Disney weather but my local weather in Naples looks to be wonderful too!

SNOW?! Oh how I dont miss that!

Got ya beat, 96 here today

Oh honey! Can't believe that happened :sad2:

If you ever need me to check anything, let me know :hug:

:hug: It's awful when you're kids are hurting and there's nothing you can do :hug:

I know I was so bummed but his work comes before a Disney trip ;)

We decided on Nov 18-22 so we can still see the decorations and celebrate our 13 year anniversary so I am pretty happy. I could not believe all the rooms that were available with the discounts like AP and FL resident. The only one I could not get was the GF RPC but that is ok because DH is excited with the YC CL and the rate was the same as the GF RPC but I am getting an extra night thrown in so I am happy.!

A day in Disney is better than a day at work! :yay: You'll have a wonderful time at the YC CL. I've heard the lounge is small, but I doubt you'll have any crowds that time of the year.

The GF begins assembling the Gingerbread House on Veterans Day, Nov 11. It might not be open for business when you get there, I bet it's even more fun to catch them putting on the decorations!

Should the gingerbread house be open and selling cookies, you must buy the bag of assorted gingerbread cookies! It's expensive! Like $15 for 1/2 pound but OH how yummy! I savored those suckers!!!

Where did the re-do the floors? I have not been over there since January.
!

The entire resort has been under refurb since the beginning of the year. Mostly the outer lodges getting painted. The ugly orange lifts/cranes have been a complaint for many recent guests. It didn't bother me but I was in the main building with a beach pool view, so I didn't see them. Only when walking towards the marina did I notice them. It should all be done before the Xmas holiday crowd.

I just found this online it's from 2008, so you're in luck! It will be OPEN when you get there!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Enjoy a bag of cookies for me!!! :santa:

Very weird, I know I posted here the other day about the idea of cruising :confused3 don't know what happened to it but the point of it was: don't forget me, I want to come too :goodvibes

Well of course you are coming, we would never leave you out! ;)

It was a crazy busy week: I didn't have a voice most of the week, DD was sick, my sisters 1month old was sick and ended up in the hospital (came home yesterday, she's doing much better) plus tennis and rain delays for tennis conference tournament (DD is on the varsity tennis team & I'm team mom) :upsidedow

Oh not that is awful..I am so sorry that everyone is ill, hopefully you guys are all doing much better and that poor little one!

:hug: It's awful when you're kids are hurting and there's nothing you can do :hug:

It is the worst when kids, no matter what the age, are sick or in pain

A day in Disney is better than a day at work! :yay: You'll have a wonderful time at the YC CL. I've heard the lounge is small, but I doubt you'll have any crowds that time of the year.

You got that right! I am hoping it is really quiet for those few days..no crowds would be great!

The GF begins assembling the Gingerbread House on Veterans Day, Nov 11. It might not be open for business when you get there, I bet it's even more fun to catch them putting on the decorations!

When do you think they put the huge tree up?

Should the gingerbread house be open and selling cookies, you must buy the bag of assorted gingerbread cookies! It's expensive! Like $15 for 1/2 pound but OH how yummy! I savored those suckers!!!

You know I am down for that! Back in 06 we bought a gingerbread shingle and it was terrible and the entire backing was chocolate, not expecting that!

The entire resort has been under refurb since the beginning of the year. Mostly the outer lodges getting painted. The ugly orange lifts/cranes have been a complaint for many recent guests. It didn't bother me but I was in the main building with a beach pool view, so I didn't see them. Only when walking towards the marina did I notice them. It should all be done before the Xmas holiday crowd.

I sure hope so!

I just found this online it's from 2008, so you're in luck! It will be OPEN when you get there!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Enjoy a bag of cookies for me!!! :santa:

That is awesome! I cannot wait!

I think you need a pre trip report!!:lmao:

I know right :laughing: I am too afraid to start a pre-trip any earlier than a week before we go as you never know how things are going to pan out thanks to DH :lmao:

Hi Nicki! I have been reading your reports for awhile now. They really are wonderful! You will be in WDW the same time as me now (for my honeymoon!) :goodvibes Can you (or anyone) tell me where the BEST burger in WDW is? My DH LOVES him some burger!

Thanks again for your wonderful reports/reviews!

Hi Nicki! I have been reading your reports for awhile now. They really are wonderful! You will be in WDW the same time as me now (for my honeymoon!) :goodvibes Can you (or anyone) tell me where the BEST burger in WDW is? My DH LOVES him some burger!

Hi Curly Q and thanks for reading!! I hope the reviews and pictures help you out...the best burgers are at Beaches and Cream or Sci Fi...we loved them both and cannot go wrong but B&C has awesome desserts, the No Way Jose is amazing!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, hope to bumb into you next month!

Thanks Nicki! We actually got married in June, but could not think about going to Florida in the summer :eek: Thanks for the advise!

Hope to see you in the World :woohoo:

I completely agree with Nicki on this! Burgers & onion rings at B&C are wonderful and there's really nothing better than a No Way Jose if you like chocolate & peanut butter :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:cloud9:

Sci-Fi has good burgers and onion rings too & they have boozy milkshakes :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter