News Round Up 2016

I was a history/Poli Sci Major before I was music. Yup, still massively geek out on politics and read history books.

Honestly, I don't cheer/boo, but when it happens, it's cool that people are paying attention to the political world and hopefully just get out and vote! WDW is not the best place for it, but when you teach HS and realize how little kids know about world events, it's pretty scary (also learned talking to relatives during holidays).

But yes, people that view it as "rude," etc. It very much is. I also like it when people actually critique a singer (right or wrong) for me it's wonderful they're actually LISTENING and not just hearing. If you don't think music education is in trouble, when we the last time you heard "happy birthday" sung by a restaurant staff and not an easier kroon.

Off soapbox, back to rumors/news. Thanks for being awesome people on here.

That's a bummer.

I didn't realize how empty innovations was now. Why not still have tours of the house of the future?

Let's not forget the horrendous sewer gas smell...even popping into the buildings to use the restrooms make my stomach lurch. :crazy2:

Another round of menu trimming is coming, a few that I know about (there are more): Columbia Harbor house is losing the seafood Mac n Cheese, one or two items at Cosmic Rays are going away (not sure which), Churros and Jalapeno pretzels are gone in Animal Kingdom. Sleepy Hollow's Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich is gone. There are others as well at all parks. Some have happened or are about to happen.
Go Walt Disney World! :duck:

When I did my survey I told them they didn't charge enough. :rolleyes1

To repeat what I posted elsewhere -

We feel it was a bargain at $99 and still probably under priced at $129 for what you get, but in order to book a full room at each seating they need to keep that price attractive.

To compare:

Symphony Sky Dessert Party is $69 for Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Stein and viewing area (equal to a FP+) outside at stand up tables. Fireworks as well but you can see them with equal view for free a few inches away over the rope.

Club Villain was $99 for Champagne outside at stand up tables, move inside to amazing decorations in event venue with assigned seating at tables for delicious Dinner Buffet, Desserts, Specialty Drinks, Beer, Wine, Dance Party, Musical Show and 4 Meet & Greet in highly themed sets with virtually no wait for 4 awesome characters. Room so decorated - there were many photo opportunities. Many more CMs clearing tables, assisting with food etc.

If you add up the items apart; Dinner buffet, Dessert party (since desserts much more than you find on buffets), champagne then free flowing alcohol, beer and wine, basically 4 FP+ to special characters, musical show, dance party with hard to see Dr. Facilier and all the CMs (worthy of a tip) you would be WAY over even the $129 price tag.

Seriously the best event we have ever attended. I'd do again AND pay $129.

We just saw this last night, and I agree completely. Best event we have ever done at WDW. I would pay the 129 for adult, but not for anyone not having alcohol. The food was fantastic, and non stop. drink was good and non stop. If we had any complaint, it was that it was too long...,...

We just saw this last night, and I agree completely. Best event we have ever done at WDW. I would pay the 129 for adult, but not for anyone not having alcohol. The food was fantastic, and non stop. drink was good and non stop. If we had any complaint, it was that it was too long...,...

I'm only just learning about alcohol at these events, everyone says they're amazing too. On the short list now.

Joy and Sadness meet and greet was apparently canceled for Epcot according to Kenny the Pirate.

[QUO
I'm only just learning about alcohol at these events, everyone says they're amazing too. On the short list now.
If it's still happening sometime after August, I'm definitely going here with my best friend for girl's Disney trip!

Oh no, it was like being at the ball, I didn't want it to end. You can always leave early.

The saving grace going in is that there was beer, and a decent selection. We've done a couple of the Star Wars Dessert parties and found the drinks to be "in our opinion" gross and undrinkable. There was no other option so we paid for alcohol we did not drink. We knew here we could just have beer which that is all one of us drank, and the other switched to beer after trying each drink. I loved the drinks, sangria being my least favorite - not my thing anyway - but the other three were yummy.

This weekend has been insanely crowded. Expect no change tomorrow. Last week was the Gulf Coast. This week is holiday Monday and I guess the fact it corresponds with Valentines this year. There were tons of adults here for special character greetings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter