News Round Up 2016

I always have thought that if you "don't like" a president (assuming you know what you're talking about)...a silent protest in the voting booth is the way to go moving forward.

But I don't think I've heard catcalls in the HOP. And if my mind in the ugly place is correct and thinks it involves only two presidents NOT Elected before 11/2000...then it's just plain ugly, to be honest. On both sides.

We should really boo Madison...that little pipsqueak designed a flexible, reasonable format while being a Deist and a student of European history - and was desperate to keep the fantacism of organized, power hungry ideological groups out of the government.

We should boo him for being wiser with a quill and a candle than most clowns 250 years later :)

I don't wish to turn this discussion into a history debate, but Madison, like almost all of the founding fathers, was a Christian, not a deist. That opinion rises from comments in his "Detached Memoranda" which were written late in his life and were not "discovered" until after WWII. In these writings he departed from many of the beliefs he held at the time of the founding and the writing of the Constitution, and many of the views expressed within were directly opposed to his earlier actions and expressed opinions. In those earlier times he was an Episcopalian. Writing to former Attorney General William Bradford he said:

"I have sometimes thought there could not be a stronger testimony in favor of religion or against temporal enjoyments, even the most rational and manly, than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and [who] are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent advocates in the cause of Christ; and I wish you may give in your evidence in this way."

He also approved the following passage in the Virginia Bill of Rights:

"It is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity toward each other."

This is not a hugely important matter, but I do think history should be passed on accurately, and the apparently widely help notion that the founding fathers were primarily deists is inaccurate.

I don't wish to turn this discussion into a history debate, but Madison, like almost all of the founding fathers, was a Christian, not a deist. That opinion rises from comments in his "Detached Memoranda" which were written late in his life and were not "discovered" until after WWII. In these writings he departed from many of the beliefs he held at the time of the founding and the writing of the Constitution, and many of the views expressed within were directly opposed to his earlier actions and expressed opinions. In those earlier times he was an Episcopalian. Writing to former Attorney General William Bradford he said:

"I have sometimes thought there could not be a stronger testimony in favor of religion or against temporal enjoyments, even the most rational and manly, than for men who occupy the most honorable and gainful departments and [who] are rising in reputation and wealth, publicly to declare their unsatisfactoriness by becoming fervent advocates in the cause of Christ; and I wish you may give in your evidence in this way."

He also approved the following passage in the Virginia Bill of Rights:

"It is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity toward each other."

This is not a hugely important matter, but I do think history should be passed on accurately, and the apparently widely help notion that the founding fathers were primarily deists is inaccurate.
Let's end the presidential talk here :)

I'm wondering if the DHS less aggressive pace might be due to waiting for the Presidents week rush to pass by. Might as well accommodate the larger crowds one last time.

News

Well @lockedoutlogic here you go China and Paris are finally hitting the US parks but not incredibly hard yet.

As we have already seen a good amount of reductions or cuts have been happening at the parks over the past week or so. Evidently this is due to cost overruns in China and costs in Paris.

Continuing with cuts we will see reduction in operating hours at all levels including park hours to attractions, restaurants and shops.

CMs are being reduced wherever is possible and when they leave they aren't being replaced.

Overtime is being stopped wherever possible.

Things are just getting started and will continue until at least summer if not longer.

Go Disney!

Complaining publically about crowds, increasing prices, and reducing hours are all incompatible.

I just shut down planning on a trip and I'm not getting annual passes. They don't deserve the business.

Complaining publically about crowds, increasing prices, and reducing hours are all incompatible.

I just shut down planning on a trip and I'm not getting annual passes. They don't deserve the business.
You aren't the first to stop going and won't be the last because of things like this, but I'm not at that point yet. I'm obviously much younger and don't pay for trips all on my own but I still have an urge to go. I think the tipping point at which I won't want to go anymore is much higher than yours is. Just a thought.

You aren't the first to stop going and won't be the last because of things like this, but I'm not at that point yet. I'm obviously much younger and don't pay for trips all on my own but I still have an urge to go. I think the tipping point at which I won't want to go anymore is much higher than yours is. Just a thought.

I think you'll agree you're in a different point on the timeline than I am...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter