New March 2017 Check In thread

We are going March 5-8! So excited, first DLR trip for WDW vets! The hours for our dates are up.... Do they stay pretty static, or does Disney makes changes like they do at WDW?
Yay!!
I've never had hours change once they're posted for any of our previous trips.

Made reservations for my Mom's birthday dinner at Blue Bayou. Woo hoo! Less than two months to go! Getting so excited.

Quick question-- is anyone else doing a MSEP dining package? Wondering if the Aladdin's Oasis is a good option, or if we should just find spots on our own.

Made reservations for my Mom's birthday dinner at Blue Bayou. Woo hoo! Less than two months to go! Getting so excited.

Quick question-- is anyone else doing a MSEP dining package? Wondering if the Aladdin's Oasis is a good option, or if we should just find spots on our own.

I'm doing the dining package, but unsure if I'm going to do Blue Bayou or Aladdin's Oasis at this point. Will be doing it on my solo day, and the decision will be based off of whether or not I can talk my mom into going to Blue Bayou when she comes with me on the 24th. Since I'm going to the parade solo I want the package so I don't have to worry about finding a spot and holding it for possibly a long time. Can't comment on the food from Aladdin's Oasis as I've never tried it.

I'm doing the dining package, but unsure if I'm going to do Blue Bayou or Aladdin's Oasis at this point. Will be doing it on my solo day, and the decision will be based off of whether or not I can talk my mom into going to Blue Bayou when she comes with me on the 24th. Since I'm going to the parade solo I want the package so I don't have to worry about finding a spot and holding it for possibly a long time. Can't comment on the food from Aladdin's Oasis as I've never tried it.
Yeah, I'd do the Blue Bayou package, but I just can't stomach the cost considering I can eat there for much cheaper through regular ressies. I'm not much of a dessert person either, so that'd be sort of a waste.

Aladdin's Oasis seems pretty reasonably priced, and I'm OK with the food being "meh", but I read on another thread that the reserved area was pretty small. Just don't want to feel ripped off...

How is everyone's trip coming along?

I need to call BBB and make an appt for my daughter buy otherwise just waiting to buy tickets!

We are going down March 27-April 2! We arrive late on the 27th and DD and DSIL have to leave Friday night for a wedding so they only have 3 1/2 days at the parks which is freaking me out with the planning. We are WDW veterans but first visit to DL. We have hotel reservations with tickets at Disneyland Hotel, I got us World of Color Dessert Party reservations, and then Goofy's Kitchen reservation this morning.

I wish the park hours would come out so I could tweek Goofy's breakfast. Right now I have 7:35 for a DL opening of 10:00 (we are going to DL instead of taking advantage of EMH at DCA because of another poster who highly recommended it because of the low crowds) thinking if they change maybe it will be at 9:00 but if it's earlier I will need to just do a dinner there! Also is everyone going to do a dinner package for the Frozen show or just do stand by? A part of me says do the package but DD keeps saying since their time is short she would rather not have a lot of ADRs.

We are going down March 27-April 2! We arrive late on the 27th and DD and DSIL have to leave Friday night for a wedding so they only have 3 1/2 days at the parks which is freaking me out with the planning. We are WDW veterans but first visit to DL. We have hotel reservations with tickets at Disneyland Hotel, I got us World of Color Dessert Party reservations, and then Goofy's Kitchen reservation this morning.

I wish the park hours would come out so I could tweek Goofy's breakfast. Right now I have 7:35 for a DL opening of 10:00 (we are going to DL instead of taking advantage of EMH at DCA because of another poster who highly recommended it because of the low crowds) thinking if they change maybe it will be at 9:00 but if it's earlier I will need to just do a dinner there! Also is everyone going to do a dinner package for the Frozen show or just do stand by? A part of me says do the package but DD keeps saying since their time is short she would rather not have a lot of ADRs.

This will be our first time at DL (been to WDW) and my SoCal friend assures me 4 days is plenty of time to see both parks, especially weekdays.

I booked 2 ADRs at Storytellers, waiting for schedule to come out.

I called the dining reservation line and asked the other day. The tentative hours for that week are:
March 27 -30 DL 8am-11pm DCA 8am-9pm
March 31 DL 9am-11pm DCA 9am-9pm

I have a dumb question. We are planning to use our Magic Morning on Tuesday. I have a 7:10am breakfast reservation at Plaza Inn on Thursday. We should be good to show up at the gate at 7 and get in, right?

I called the dining reservation line and asked the other day. The tentative hours for that week are:

I have a dumb question. We are planning to use our Magic Morning on Tuesday. I have a 7:10am breakfast reservation at Plaza Inn on Thursday. We should be good to show up at the gate at 7 and get in, right?

If DL is suppose to open at 8:00 am then Magic Morning should start at 7:00 am. I don't know if you want to use your Magic Morning eating breakfast. This is what we are dealing with too with our breakfast, we want the character breakfast but we don't want to loose our extra hour since this is our first trip.

If DL is suppose to open at 8:00 am then Magic Morning should start at 7:00 am. I don't know if you want to use your Magic Morning eating breakfast. This is what we are dealing with too with our breakfast, we want the character breakfast but we don't want to loose our extra hour since this is our first trip.

Right. We're planning to use the Magic Morning two days before our breakfast. That's why I'm asking if it's going to be a problem for us to get in for the breakfast on Thursday.

Right. We're planning to use the Magic Morning two days before our breakfast. That's why I'm asking if it's going to be a problem for us to get in for the breakfast on Thursday.

Hahahahaha sorry! Read it too fast!

We just booked Surf's Up breakfast on Monday the 6th. The park doesn't open until 10am, so we can have a nice breakfast then head in at rope drop!

Ugh those are some early hours. Meaning 2 things. 1. They're expecting huge crowds & 2. I will have to get up at the butt crack of dawn on vacation.

I had the same reaction. I said something to the lady on the phone about it being busy then and she wouldn't say much. The most I got out of her was that she thinks Sunday will be busier than Saturday because there won't be blackouts.
Part of me is hoping for rain. Or it can be cold. We're coming from Alberta. California cold is manageable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter