• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New March 2017 Check In thread

By the way, has anyone gone to the resort late March? I'm sort of getting nervous crowd wise. I know the overall strategy -- get to rope drop (EMH in our case) hit the majors, pull FPs, take a midday break, and go back in the evening. I'm going in with the mindset that it'll be super packed, but I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I'm expecting!

I'll be going this time period too, but it's not my first trip in late March. It's busy, but not horrible. Definitely use FP to your advantage, take that break if you need it(we rarely go so when we do we stay open to close), and keep an open mind about your plans. We've always had a great time. Try to eat meals at off times, when the restaurants aren't so busy. Is it just the two of you? It's easier with only two, especially if you are both flexible!

Is it just the two of you? It's easier with only two, especially if you are both flexible!

Yes, just the two of us! We have always been the Disney fanatics in the family, so I think the planning will definitely go a lot easier. Thanks for the input!

Yes, just the two of us! We have always been the Disney fanatics in the family, so I think the planning will definitely go a lot easier. Thanks for the input!

I'm the only Disney fanatic in my family. This trip is one day me solo(23rd) and one day with me playing tour guide to my mom for her first visit(24th).

My first semi-solo trip! Anyone ever do Blue Bayou solo? My mom and sister will be joining me on my 2nd park day, but I don't think they want to spend that much money on food. :(

My last three trips have been solo, and I ALWAYS eat at the BB and Carthay. Enjoy!

By the way, has anyone gone to the resort late March? I'm sort of getting nervous crowd wise. I know the overall strategy -- get to rope drop (EMH in our case) hit the majors, pull FPs, take a midday break, and go back in the evening. I'm going in with the mindset that it'll be super packed, but I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I'm expecting!

My hubby and I went in mid March for our anniversary in 2015. I remember walking on several rides, including having a boat all to ourselves on Pirates. I know it gets progressively busier every year but I'm huge on park planning/ride strategies! I make a list and everything (because I'm a nerd lol) but we got all of the big must-do's done within an hour of the park being open!

Also, a couple nights ago I booked our hotel (through last minute travel club) for March 18-22nd. Staying at Ramada Anaheim Maingate North...which of course is not close to the gate lol but I already knew that. It's official!! I also plan to buy tickets through LMT club in a couple weeks. :banana:

How is everyone's trip coming along?

I need to call BBB and make an appt for my daughter buy otherwise just waiting to buy tickets!

We are coming March 5th and 6th. I am excited that AP days will be happening then too!

Sophie's Mom- how old is your daughter? I want to do BBB with my daughter, but not sure if she is ready yet (age 5).

There's going to be a lot of stuff down during that first half of March. Even World of Color looks to be down during the first 4 or 5 days, which unfortunately covers my trip. Hoping that my stay at the Great Wolf Lodge more than makes up for it.

We rescheduled our trip to march 14th through 18th because of the amount of ride and event closures in February... I can deal with absorbing a few closures but february is obscene.

We are coming March 5th and 6th. I am excited that AP days will be happening then too!

Sophie's Mom- how old is your daughter? I want to do BBB with my daughter, but not sure if she is ready yet (age 5).

My daughter will have just turned 7.

I think if she can sit without fussing, she will be good! I've heard it's a good 40+ mins but my friend took her daughter at the end of September and said they make it super special and engaging.

There's going to be a lot of stuff down during that first half of March. Even World of Color looks to be down during the first 4 or 5 days, which unfortunately covers my trip. Hoping that my stay at the Great Wolf Lodge more than makes up for it.
Yeah that sucks. I'm still waiting for our trip hours to post and crossing my fingers that POTC is back up.

Can anyone make a guess as to what the park hours will be the last week of March? I would like to make dining reservations - specifically for the character meals - as soon as they're available. Of course the park hours aren't posted yet though. We've always gone during slow times and the weekday hours were shorter.

Can anyone make a guess as to what the park hours will be the last week of March? I would like to make dining reservations - specifically for the character meals - as soon as they're available. Of course the park hours aren't posted yet though. We've always gone during slow times and the weekday hours were shorter.

When I called to make my daughter's Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique reservation, the cast member knew when the park opened that morning. It's just under 60 days until then, which means the hours aren't posted online yet. I'm guessing since you can make dining reservations 60 days out, they could tell you the park hours if you were to call.

We did it with my DD when she was just about a month shy of her 5th birthday. It was terrific, she loved it! I would totally do it with your five-year-old!

I'm probably gong to end up making multiple reservations then cancelling when park hours get posted. Seems pretty stupid to have dining ressie available at 60 days without park hours.

DH and I went the around the last week in March in 2010 and the crowds were okay. Since it's just two of you and you can be flexible, I don't think you'll notice the crowds as much as a family of 5. The crowds are part of the reason we bought 5 day park hoppers. That way we can do all the rides and see all the shows we want while being able to go back to the hotel to rest a decompress. I plan on using the touring strategies that worked well for us on the last visit.

If you go to the DIS boards park hours, even if they are saying 2016, they should be pretty close to what the last week of March to be. I'm expecting DL to be 8 - midnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with opening and closing being an hour later and an hour earlier the rest of the nights. DCA will probably be 9am - 10pm weekends and the 10am - 8pm the other nights. This is similar to what I experienced when we went in 2010 and Easter was at about the same time that year as it is this year. Our character dining reservation is being determined based on the days my step-mom is planning to come to the parks with us. She's got a 3 day park hopper compared to our 5 day.

How is everyone's trip coming along?

I need to call BBB and make an appt for my daughter buy otherwise just waiting to buy tickets!

We bought our tickets last week. I just need to print them out as we won't be relying on cell phone data access at the parks. I still need to book our shuttle to/from the airport. I've got it narrowed to between Prime Time Shuttle and Super Shuttle. Tomorrow I'll likely make our character breakfast reservations. Then I just need to decided which days we are doing which parks and which touring plans to use. We are going to tell DD on February 10 that we're going to Disneyland. My dad and stepmom (who are coming with us) will be in town for a friend's birthday so we decided it would be so fun to tell her when everyone who's going with her are all together.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is killing the 4 hour layover at the Vancouver airport on our trip down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter