Nov. 12-17, 2011
Nov. 26 - Dec. 1, 2011
Dec. 10-15, 2011
Jan. 8-12, 2012
Jan. 21- Feb. 2, 2012
Feb. 11-16, 2012
March 3-8, 2012
March 24-29, 2012

Tried to adjust my reservation of Oct 2-9 just by adding Oct 1 for free dining. Although I already have an Oct 1 room only reservation at the same resort, there is no free dining room available on Oct 1 there. No pixie dust for me tonight! It seems illogical...I'll continue to check the online bookings just in case something comes up. We've been assured that it's very unlikely we will have to change rooms, but I would love to be able to avoid checking out and checking back in...and the free dining would be a major added bonus. Hoping for pixie dust soon!!!

Tried to adjust my reservation of Oct 2-9 just by adding Oct 1 for free dining. Although I already have an Oct 1 room only reservation at the same resort, there is no free dining room available on Oct 1 there. No pixie dust for me tonight! It seems illogical...I'll continue to check the online bookings just in case something comes up. We've been assured that it's very unlikely we will have to change rooms, but I would love to be able to avoid checking out and checking back in...and the free dining would be a major added bonus. Hoping for pixie dust soon!!!

which resort?

Wishing you some pixiedust: We are in the same boat, but later in the month. Arriving Oct 22 (with a room only rate) then FD from Oct 23-29, also staying at POFQ. Hope it works out for you!!!

I got nervous when I called about adding the one additional day of free dining and she said "wait a minute. I have to see if there is availability at your resort". Thankfully there was, but I still feel your frustration. We're staying at the POP which is a lot bigger than pretty much anything else....

they do have riverside available though

I got nervous when I called about adding the one additional day of free dining and she said "wait a minute. I have to see if there is availability at your resort". Thankfully there was, but I still feel your frustration. We're staying at the POP which is a lot bigger than pretty much anything else....

I was prepared for there not to be availability because I had checked online prior to calling in...I was hoping that with our having a room already that maybe, just maybe they'd make it happen.

None of the dates are during our travel dates but I sure am happy for you guys are able to take advantage of it. Wishing you all magical vactions. :wizard:

they do have riverside available though

I know, but we really want to stay at POFQ this time...if it isn't meant to be we'll still be staying there...so if that's the bad news I really can't complain. It seemed odd when they announced the deal that it started with October 2 and now to have it change to October 1 just seems bizarre. :confused:

I have friends stay with FD from 11/4 - 11/11 (booked when the 4th was available). I called her today to tell her NOT to make any changes since the dates changed. She was thinking of dropping the park hopper and adding the Xmas party. What do you think? will they allow it? Then she said if not, maybe she can switch her park hopper to the water park instead? Thoughts???

I don't understand how they can tell me none are available with my offer when I checked online and there was availability.

I have friends stay with FD from 11/4 - 11/11 (booked when the 4th was available). I called her today to tell her NOT to make any changes since the dates changed. She was thinking of dropping the park hopper and adding the Xmas party. What do you think? will they allow it? Then she said if not, maybe she can switch her park hopper to the water park instead? Thoughts???

I think the small print when booking your reservation says that things can change until your reservation is paid in full. I doubt they would take anything away, but they might not allow changes that include anything no longer available. My guess that as long as they can make a change to the reservation, but no have to cancel and rebook it, you should be safe.

I know, but we really want to stay at POFQ this time...if it isn't meant to be we'll still be staying there...so if that's the bad news I really can't complain. It seemed odd when they announced the deal that it started with October 2 and now to have it change to October 1 just seems bizarre. :confused:

I did read an explaination when dates for the FD first started changeing. From what was stated, Disney is now baseing availability on booked %'s so if enough people cancel or change dates, it is posible that a date which formally had not been included would now be included or vice versa so Disney could meet the booked % of rooms for those dates.

I agree as long as she is not changing her dates she should have no trouble dropping the PH

Thanks so much for posting about the date changes! I now don't have to do a room only for Dec. 10th and worry about trying to pick up park tickets early! I scored free QSDDP at ASMo for Dec. 10-17! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter