• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoosie's for Dinner - Updated for June 17, 2007 Pictures!!

Looks so yummy, we are staying at GF and we will definately be having dinner there and hop eto catch wishes. I thought wishes was at 8pm? what time does wishes start?

Depends on the time of year & sometimes the day of the week; check the Disney website. When we were there in the summer, Wishes was at 10. On 12/3, Wishes is at 9.

Where else did you eat - and what were your thoughts on those (or do you have a series of posts you can point me to)?
Well....since you asked...we actually had a pretty boring week food-wise. This is largely due to the fact that I have a DD17, DD14, DS7, and a meat-and-potato loving husband. I booked LeCellier twice, Kona twice, Ohana, WP Cafe, and Narcoossee's.

LeCellier....very good! Steaks perfectly cooked and I had the mussels both times for an appetizer and both times they were excellent. DD and DH respectively had the shrimp cocktail but I thought the shrimp were a little rubbery. I don't know if it was the buere blanc or the fried parsnips but the mushroom filet seemed a little salty to me....but still good enough that I ordered it both times. DD17 ordered the salmon both times and proclaimed it excellent. We had the chocolate cake, sorbet, creme brullee and of course, the chocolate mousse....all very good. We love this restaurant because it's got reliably great food and service.

Kona....always great! I love the crab cakes here and had them both trips. I ordered the shrimp/scallops on the first trip and the macadamia mahi on the second trip....both excellent. Desserts here are hard to beat...so many choices. And our service has always been very good at Kona too.

Ohana...just OK. This was our first time at Ohana. We had a perfect window seat overlooking the castle. The food was very tasty and plentiful but the kids weren't overly thrilled with it. We were offered sausage and turkey and then at some point I had to take DS to the restroom. The girls said someone came by with the beef but never came back and then presto there was the dessert and the check. I noticed children at tables around us who were eating chicken tenders/fries. We weren't given that option for DS although I'm sure he would've preferred it. I'm not sure why but our server seemed a little overwhelmed and it was hard to get refills on drinks. Not a great experience but I liked the food and would try it again.

WP Cafe...pretty good. As stated earlier, my DH is a steak guy and the first thing he noticed here was that there was NO STEAK on the menu. In fact, there was no beef entree of any kind. We shared several appetizers including calamari and spring rolls...sushi is not available as an appetizer. The appetizers were good and plentiful. I had the salmon with saffron potatoes...very good! DH ordered Asian hoisin ribs and loved them...just too much food. The desserts here were huge and wonderful. I had key lime pie...enough for about 3 people! We left here uncomfortably full but happy. One problem...I asked our wonderful server how much he was getting tipped on the DDP. He clearly stated that he was unable to discuss it in any way. I finally determined from our "hypothetical" conversation that he was getting a flat fee...probably around $15...no matter what we ordered or how much our bill was. We left him a substantial "extra" tip.

So that's probably more than anyone wanted to know but hope it helps someone out there.

We have our ADR's set for our 10 yr anniversary dinner at Narcoossee's. I am even more excited after reading the great reviews.
Any suggestions on table selections?

I don't think there could be a bad table in the place. A lot of them are right by the windows overlooking bay lake. Some are back from the windows a little but it just isn't a hugh place so I doubt any tables are bad. Ask for a window though...it is so nice looking out at MK and the CR. I LOVE that place!

I originally planned on going to the Yachtsman Steakhouse to celebrate DBF and I's anniversary but after doing some research on the DIS and looking the pictures and reading reviews of Narcoossee's I have changed my reservation. I am super excited to try the Surf & Turf!!! :love: :cloud9: :yay:

Princesshope84: IMO you are making the right choice. We love Narcoossees. Just a little input on the surf and turf. DH had surf & turf and I had the whole lobster. I tried a bit of his and he tried mine. We both agreed that hands down my lobster was WAY better than his lobster tail. His tail was good, but mine was fantastic. His turf was wonderful though. If you are going for the seafood you might want to get the whole lobster. If you love the steak then go for the surf & turf. I'm from KS and we get turf at home all of the time so I get the lobster whenever I can. Either way, have a wonderful anniversary and meal at Narcoossees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter