• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoosie's for Dinner - Updated for June 17, 2007 Pictures!!

But, I'm confused. Is it just me, or is there no ahi in that ahi appetizer? Just lettuce and wasabi and soy sauce?

Unfortunately, it was facing the other way - you'll just have to imagine the tuna part!

I see that cheesecake and my mouth starts watering.

Last time I was in WDW I went to Narcoosee's and had the best meal, but it was the dessert I was still talking about whenever I had the chance. I remember going home I got stuck in the airport for a few hours and I called a friend back home just to tell her about the cheesecake I had had.

I eat a Good Humor toated almond to remind me of it, but it's not the same thing.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

OHHHH I can't wait. My FAVORITE meal is Lobster. I made an ADR for Nacossee for my birthday in August. I made the right choice didn't I! Now I have to decide between the whole lobster (it will be heaven to eat it without a gooey mess) or the surf and turf because I love my steaks too. Decisions Decisions. I'm trying to decide if I want to order a "special" dessert for myself. Either a castle cake or a cinderella's slipper. Do you guys have any advice on this one?

Your pics and review made me realize that we made the best possible ADR for dinner on our wedding night. I'm so excited, it all looks so delicious! :bride: :cheer2:

Someone in your party must love the whole lobster. Is that you? It looks easy to eat which is a bonus but I'm still torn...filet & lobster tail or whole lobster.

I have had both whole surf and the surf-n-turf. Both are good. Depends on a couple of things.
First - what am I in the mood for - can be affected by having filet the night before.
Second - what is everyone else at the table having? Can I share? If so, then I get whatever complements the table for variety.

As someone else pointed out in another Narcoossee's lobster thread, just an FYI...the lobster tail in the surf & turf is not the same as the whole Maine lobster. So if you want real Maine lobster (the best there is), go with the whole lobster.

MMM...we are eating at Narcoossees after our wedding next month. Now I cannot wait! Forget the wedding...it's all about the food. Thanks for the great pictures!

YUMMY! That food looks so good. I never stay on WDW property, so I often forget about some of the wonderful restaurants at the resorts. Thanks for the visuals :thumbsup2

Actually, I just returned and had my birthday dinner at Narcoossee's on Monday (Aug. 27th). We were on the DDP (free) and they were very happy to serve the whole lobster to me and the surf and turf to my DH. Our server was very nice about making it clear that we were free to choose anything from the menu. It was FANTASTIC. It was wonderful to have the whole lobster cracked and ready to eat. I had a taste of my DH's lobster tail. It was good, but the whole lobster was much much better. The Filet that came with his surf and turf was fantastic also. It was the best meal we have had in a long time. Service was wonderful and we loved the atmosphere. We would return in a heartbeat.

:banana: I am getting excited now! Our whole family, all four of us are getting the lobster! I should take a picture of all four of them! My kids just love that they are older and can order "real" food as opposed to the fast food stuff! How good is the bottled wine? It seems hard to get a chardonay that is buttery. :yay:

I saw these pictures and went ahead and made a reservation for my upcoming trip in October. I was torn between here, Citrico's and California Grill, but your pictures settled it for me!:yay:

Do you think this this a good restaurant for a single person? My reservation is for 8:25 PM on a Wednesday night.

Thanks!

Reporting back as promised.....

We had the absolute best dinner of the week at Narcoosee's! DD chose it for her birthday dinner. We took DS to the Mouseketeer Club (big mistake...Neverland Club is much better!) and my two teenagers and I went over to Narcoossee's.

We have Nelson as our server and he was WONDERFUL! I noted that it was my daughter's birthday when I made the reservation. They actually printed "Happy 14th Birthday" on the menus!

I had the mussels and they were fabulous. DD14 had the crab cakes and DD17 had the pear/endive salad...also great. DD & I had the whole lobster which was very good. And DD17 had the halibut which she loved.

For dessert....the cheesecake! The absolute best dessert I had all week and the best cheesecake I've ever had! They called it almond crusted but it tasted like amaretto cheesecake to me. It was out of this world...and the edible sugar screen...wow!

DD had "Happy Birthday" screened on her plate in chocolate and Nelson helped us sing to her. He bowed to her and called her princess all night. He was spectacular and it was a very memorable night indeed.

Oh, this is making me so excited for my first visit to this restaurant on 12/3 (even though I'm not a lobster eater)! We'll be a group of four women and I'm sure there will be lots of sharing going on (or maybe not). Our ADR is for 7:05 and WISHES is at 9PM, so the timing should be perfect!

Thanks for the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter