• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoosie's for Dinner - Updated for June 17, 2007 Pictures!!

Yay! I'm glad to see great reviews about my favorite restaurant again. For a while, it was getting some pretty bad press on these boards. I've never had a bad experience there. Excellent place to dine while in WDW.:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the photos!! DH and I have booked this for "date night" with DS at the Neverland Club next door in May...so excited! We are celebrating an anniversary (not wedding, but just as special) and I have the number to call to order something special - have you celebrated anything there? Any recommendations?

And THANK YOU for the photo and description of the Maine lobster - the last time I was in Maine, I sat with someone who had a whole lobster and it was scary - lots of work and the pea green mush was frightening (I wimped out and got the lobster roll instead...no work whatsover! :rotfl:) This one looks like something even I could enjoy.

No, I have not celebrated anything at any restaurant - although there are whole threads for that kind of information.

Yes, I am not one for the green gush of the whole lobster!

I see by your signature picture you like the Wilderness Lodge - here is another link within the disboards to my recent WL pictures:

Click here for WL pictures

How did you find the thread? Just curious, since the search engine doesn't seem to be working.

Went last yr; had the filet & lobster tail....TASTES as good as it LOOKS!! It was wonderful to see Wishes from the deck!! I thought the food was outstanding.

You'll see some repeat dishes - that will happen over time!! I've included them here anyway - occasionally there's a different picture, sometimes you can visually see the change in quantity of a serving, sometimes it is just good to know that the menu hasn't changed!!

Approaching the restaurant - Taking pictures along the way

The walkway, the Contemporary

p401998263-3.jpg

The entrance

p223326377-3.jpg

Florida Cloud over the restaurant

p159284992-3.jpg

Pretty Flowers in the entrance

p319895306-3.jpg

Bread with Hawaiian Salt-Butter

p328653578-3.jpg

Table setting...

Wine

p100052796-3.jpg

Raspberry Smoothie

p319895306-3.jpg

Appetizers

Ahi Tuna Salad

p258527249-3.jpg

Mussels

p332028006-4.jpg

Calamari

p232414265-3.jpg

Entrees

Whole Maine Lobster - from multiple angles.....

p47440075-4.jpg

p380767136-3.jpg

home.aspx

p279827647-3.jpg

p67981005-3.jpg

Surf n Turf

p773016503-3.jpg

Dessert

Cheesecake

p410885439-3.jpg

p717463465-4.jpg

Chocolate Cake

p223776634-3.jpg

Pane Cotta

p261564080-3.jpg

Thanks for the new pictures. We have this booked for August and your pictures are getting me really excited for our dinner.

Thanks for the great update pictures!

Someone in your party must love the whole lobster. Is that you? It looks easy to eat which is a bonus but I'm still torn...filet & lobster tail or whole lobster.

I also posted on your LeCellier thread. Do you like the mussels better at Narcoossee's or at LeCellier?

Thanks again!

about this rest. We will be there for dinner Aug 19th (our travel day) and do not hesitate spending 2 DDP credits for this one! I don't think I've heard one complaint about Narc....correct me if I'm wrong! Yes, I'm a foodie and can't wait for 7 days of DDP bliss! Thanks for your review!

Thanks for the great update pictures!

Someone in your party must love the whole lobster. Is that you? It looks easy to eat which is a bonus but I'm still torn...filet & lobster tail or whole lobster.

I also posted on your LeCellier thread. Do you like the mussels better at Narcoossee's or at LeCellier?

Thanks again!

The whole live lobster was excellent - and it is the only restaurant left on DDP where you can still get any lobster. It was very easy to eat - just a mild twist with a seafood fork to dislodge the meat.

I have had the mussels here 3 times - twice they were excellent, the last time - they were half good. Maybe I don't eat mussels enough, but it seemed to me that about half of them were very earthy (strong earthy flavor) and the other half, what I have come to expect.

Next time, I will remember to ask for Aman as our waiter. We had him the first two times and everything about the meal (including fresh, timely delivery of our entrees from the kitchen). The most recent time could have been much better - some days are like that.

The whole live lobster was excellent - and it is the only restaurant left on DDP where you can still get any lobster.
You talked me into it! Lobster it is!

I'll wait and get mussels at Le Cellier. And I'll be sure to ask if Aman is working.

Thanks for all the advice.

And I'll be sure to ask if Aman is working.

While we were eating, my sons asked "Who could be coming that they would set a table of 12 and have the manager, 2 customer relations people and a busboy - in addition to Aman - working on it?"

We think it was a San Antonio Spur, given the timing (they'd just won the championship) and size. Looked like Francisco Elson, but we don't know our basketball well enough to be sure.

My point - they had Aman as the server. Clearly they think enough of him to put on on the celebrity table!

I have to laugh at the Whole Maine Lobster. Really, if you'd gotten that in Maine, it wouldn't be cracked open that way. Up here in the Northeast, you get to crack it all open yourself. I had a friend visit from Houston once who ordered a steamed lobster. Imagine his surprise when he was actually looking at the whole lobster, along with all the tools you'd need to open it to get at the meat. He wasn't used to that.

Just went back and read more of the thread re: lobster. Yep, you have to work for the lobster meat up here. And yes...I have eaten the "green stuff".

Anyway...we're dining at Narcoossee's in November. Looks like we really made the right choice. It all looks delicious!

I always love your reviews - your pics are great!

But, I'm confused. Is it just me, or is there no ahi in that ahi appetizer? Just lettuce and wasabi and soy sauce?

I know that tiny portions are vogue and all, but I'd hope that the ahi would be at least visible! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter