• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Food Trippie: This is How You Gain 10 Pounds Moving Next Door to the Mouse

mmmmm i love the earl of sandwich. I ate there twice on my last trip lol. my family always calls it "the grandpa of sandwich" because earl is my grandpas name. well i took a picture of the restraunt and gave it to my grandpa. he hung it on his wall and every time they have company over he tells them that thats his restraunt in FL. lol i just felt the need to share that. haha dont mind me.

Hey Lindsey! I cant believe I missed this thread! I can't wait to see more pictures of your house and I hope your recovering from your surgery quickly! I just thought I'd throw this picture in for your "viewing pleasure"!!

scan0002.jpg

Of course that was 5 years ago. I was 13 --> note the METAL MOUTH! We met and hung out at the Nomar Bowl. My uncle ran this a while back .. there was bunch of different celebrities there. I've also met Jordan and Johnathan Knight. One of my old teachers actually lived with Johnathan Knight so thats how I met both of them. Jealous yet?? :rotfl: Dont be. Its been years! Cant wait to read more!

I'M JEALOUS!! I had that typical teenager of the late eighties/early ninties obsession with them! I cried when I saw them in concert...yup, I was THAT GIRL!!:eek:

Thanks, I'll definitely do a trippie then! It will be short as we're going to each park for one day.

DisneySea opened in 2001 and is the second most-visited theme park in the world, second only to Tokyo Disneyland! Here's the website:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tds/index_e.html

They have several cool rides that we don't have in the US, and the Tower of Terror there looks amazing. I can't wait!!

I went to CA Disneyland in 2002 and Magic Kingdom is far superior in my opinion (although Disneyland does have Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the Indiana Jones ride). WDW makes Disneyland look like Carowinds (NC reference!).

I'm hoping to take a short 3-day trip to Paris Disneyland sometime in 2008!!

I just read about Earl of Sandwich and now I need to go EAT! :thumbsup2

I just read your post about Earl of Sandwich to my hubby-to-be and he got so hungry he just left for Subway. :rotfl: Its no Earl of Sandwich, but its 10:15 and we're in cold Ohio. :laughing: Looks like he's putting that place on our list of places to eat on our Disneymoon! :banana:

mmmmm i love the earl of sandwich. I ate there twice on my last trip lol. my family always calls it "the grandpa of sandwich" because earl is my grandpas name. well i took a picture of the restraunt and gave it to my grandpa. he hung it on his wall and every time they have company over he tells them that thats his restraunt in FL. lol i just felt the need to share that. haha dont mind me.

HaHa! :rotfl2: That's so cute! :goodvibes
I've only been to the Earl of Sandwich twice, but the first time I didn't eat anything, but yogurt because it was the day before the wedding. I pigged out this time! :rotfl2:

Thanks, I'll definitely do a trippie then! It will be short as we're going to each park for one day.

DisneySea opened in 2001 and is the second most-visited theme park in the world, second only to Tokyo Disneyland! Here's the website:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tds/index_e.html

They have several cool rides that we don't have in the US, and the Tower of Terror there looks amazing. I can't wait!!

I went to CA Disneyland in 2002 and Magic Kingdom is far superior in my opinion (although Disneyland does have Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the Indiana Jones ride). WDW makes Disneyland look like Carowinds (NC reference!).

I'm hoping to take a short 3-day trip to Paris Disneyland sometime in 2008!!

I just read about Earl of Sandwich and now I need to go EAT! :thumbsup2

HaHa...Carowinds! :rotfl2: Where I spent all of my summers as a middle schooler and have spent many Halloween nights at Scarowinds! My DH works right next to Carowinds on Carowinds Blvd. His last day there is next Friday! :woohoo:

Now, this DisneySea makes sense because I saw some Japanese people at WDW with a jacket with this logo and I was so confused at the time. This is all making sense now to me! :goodvibes

I would love to travel aroudn the world and go to every Disney Theme Park! I mainly want to go to Disneyland because it is the original and Walt was there! That's what it would all be about for me. I'm hoping I can make a trip out there whenever my DH has to go to CA for business. I'm waiting on him to rack up those free frequent flyer miles, so I can go! :yay:

I just read your post about Earl of Sandwich to my hubby-to-be and he got so hungry he just left for Subway. :rotfl: Its no Earl of Sandwich, but its 10:15 and we're in cold Ohio. :laughing: Looks like he's putting that place on our list of places to eat on our Disneymoon! :banana:

You and your future DH will LOVE it! :goodvibes I was craving some Subway earlier today too! :rotfl2: I wish I had my pictures to share with you! I even took a picture of every sandwich we got and my side items! Dang memory card! I MUST FIND IT! :mad:

HAR do they still have White Lightning and the Carolina Cyclone at Carowinds? I bet it's changed sooo much since I was last there (probably around 1990). I've always wanted to go to Scarowinds!!! Is it amazingly fun? I'm definitely going to Halloween Horror Nights sometime during the week of 10/21-10/28. You're gonna go this year, right? ;) It's SO...MUCH...FUN and so well done.

Spoodles

I am so excited to get to this part of the Food Trippie because I finally have pictures to post! It's been hard for me to write my TR without all those wonderful pictures of all the delicious food!

I'm on my way home to Florida this Friday, so that means no internet or cable again! The cable guy is coming early on Monday, but until then that means no DIS! It's so awful being away, but three days is nothing compared to the two weeks I was away! I just want to let you all now, I'll be back on Monday as soon as I can! I'll still be posting more today too!

Spoodles was the first stop on our Dining List to visit with my Dad! We were all so excited to go back to the Boardwalk Inn together; it's where we all were together for my Fairy Tale Wedding Day! The Boardwalk Inn is just beautiful and we were so happy to be able to actually step back, look at it, and take it all in. It really wasn't possible on my wedding day at all! We were all stressed and in a frenzey before the wedding! It all went by so fast for all of us!

47b7df05b3127cce814158db71b400000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7df05b3127cce814158c6f09900000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We had never seen the Boardwalk Inn at night and it was so beautiful and we decided to go all out tonight with valet parking. I couldn't wait to go take a walk on the boardwalk and see Sea Breeze Point again in the moonlight. I knew it would be gorgeous!

47b7df05b3127cce814158b6f0e900000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We walked through the Boardwalk Inn and made it outside and saw the lights twinkling on Crescent Lake. It was so beautiful! Then, we all saw Sea Breeze Point in the distance with the light glowing underneath the gazebo. My Mom and Dad both kinda took a step back and said, "we can't believe you got married there!" It is still so surreal to us that I really got married right there at WDW! It's a strange, but a very magical feeling!

47b7df05b3127cce814158b4f0eb00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7df05b3127cce814158c571aa00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We checked into Spoodles and still had a little bit of a wait, so we went to the candy and ice cream shop next door. It smelled so wonderful in there and they had some of my favorite Disney treats!

47b7df05b3127cce814158c0f09f00000015101AaMWrNw3aMW

Our buzzer went off a few minutes later and it was time for us to get seated for our dinner. We got seated right in the corner in a large round booth and we were so excited because we usual never get the greatest seat! We were also pretty surprised because there were only three of us and the place was packed! Spoodles has an open kitchen and a wood buring oven, and we were able to see every thign from where we were sitting.

Most of the food items at Spoodles have a Mediterranean taste and so does the bread that is brought out before you order your meal. The dip for the bread was fantastic and was a yummy mixture with olive oil.

47b7df05b3127cce814158bef0e100000015101AaMWrNw3aMW

My Mom and I have now become a little obsessed with the flat bread choices available at many WDW restaurants, so we had to try one at Spoodles for our appetizer. It's called Margherita Flatbread and it's made with vine-ripened tomato, basil, fresh mozzarella, and balsamic vinegar reduction. It was so yummy and tasted a lot like the flatbread at the California Grill; we actually thought it was even better!

47b7df05b3127cce814158b8f0e700000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

Our waiter was great and we had wonderful service throughout our entire meal! He was very pleased with all of our decisions we made for our main entrees! HaHa! My Mom had the Oak-grilled Salmon, served with ratatouille and fragrant basmati rice and she loved it!

47b7df05b3127cce814158a4f0fb00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

My Dad ordered the Lemon Chicken served with saffron orzo, spinach, and tomato. Let's just say he was finished with his meal before the rest of us at the table! Our waiter even commented on how well my Dad did with eating all of his dinner so quickly!

47b7df05b3127cce814158a8f0f700000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

There was really only one vegetarian option on the menu for me, so I had to go with the Fettuccini Alfredo, but I was not disappointed! It was very creamy and so filling! I couldn't even finish it all!

47b7df05b3127cce81416a21f06700000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We originally had planned on ordering dessert, but we were so stuffed after our meal! We couldn't eat another bite! Our meal and our entire experience at Spoodles was fantastic! We had to take a rest before we could even leave the Boardwalk Inn! :rotfl2:

47b7df05b3127cce81416a2df06b00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

Spoodles

Score (Out of 5):

Atmosphere: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Service: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Food: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I love the bread dip at Spoodles!! I actually I love the appetizers at Spoodles, perdiod! I think we've decided next time we go back to just do a tapas style dinner and get all appetizers. The flatbreads are sooo yummy!

Glad to see the photos are up!! :thumbsup2

I love the bread dip at Spoodles!! I actually I love the appetizers at Spoodles, perdiod! I think we've decided next time we go back to just do a tapas style dinner and get all appetizers. The flatbreads are sooo yummy!

Glad to see the photos are up!! :thumbsup2

That sounds like a fantastic idea and I wish we had done that! The appetizers all looked great! I know I wanted to try three of them! That's a good idea for my next visit! I want to try those dips! :goodvibes

Congrats on the move to FL....trust me...if you thought disney and disney food addiction was bad when you didn't live here...just wait! We live 3 minutes from disney and I'm currently having withdrawl because I haven't been in 2 weeks!

You and your future DH will LOVE it! :goodvibes I was craving some Subway earlier today too! :rotfl2: I wish I had my pictures to share with you! I even took a picture of every sandwich we got and my side items! Dang memory card! I MUST FIND IT! :mad:

I always say, when you stop looking for something, it turns up right in front of you. You'll find your memory card. :) Looking forward to some yummy pics! :banana:

HAR do they still have White Lightning and the Carolina Cyclone at Carowinds? I bet it's changed sooo much since I was last there (probably around 1990). I've always wanted to go to Scarowinds!!! Is it amazingly fun? I'm definitely going to Halloween Horror Nights sometime during the week of 10/21-10/28. You're gonna go this year, right? ;) It's SO...MUCH...FUN and so well done.

They still have the Carolina Cyclone! It's painted a different color, but they do have it! What was the White Lightning? It's either gone or it has a new name. I've been going to Carowinds, since around 1987! I remember when they had Smurf Island! Many, many years ago! I haven't been in a couple of years. I'd rather make the drive to Florida! ;) I gotta go to Halloween Horror Nights! I don't know too much about it, but I know I gotta go check it out! How is it? Scarowinds isn't that great or worth the money, in my opinion. A couple years was enough for me! I haven't been to Universal in a long time! I can't wait to go again! :)

Congrats on the move to FL....trust me...if you thought disney and disney food addiction was bad when you didn't live here...just wait! We live 3 minutes from disney and I'm currently having withdrawl because I haven't been in 2 weeks!

Thank you so much neighbor! :) We live right up the road from Celebration! It's the first exit we pass when leaving our house. We live right on HWY 27. I am having total WDW withdrawal, that's why we had to move! :rotfl2:

Hi, I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I am enjoying your food trippie as much as your other trippies.

My husband has just suggested that when he retires fromm the military that we move to Florida since we are Disney fanatics !!! He said "wouldn't it be cool for our grandkids to think that Nana and Poppy LIVE in Disney World?" I totally agree with him so I think we could be neighbors before it's all over with. I think YOU actually put the idea in his head after reading this food trippie, LOL. He said he would be the fullest Poppy in all the "World"

Hope you have a safe trip back to Florida and can't wait to hear more.
I will be having the first of three dental appointments next Friday to do some work I have been putting off for a while now because I have such a fear of dentists. My husband finally convinced me to go see one last week and he is such a sweetheart and totally put me at ease ( enough so, that I even let him pull a tooth that afternoon) Anyway, wish me luck, I'm not looking forward to the pain, but I am looking forward to the ice cream, LOL.
OMG I have rambled on, you poor thing, sorry.
p.s. I love your mirror, Disney Shopping has some cute stuff on clearance right now, but I'm sure you knew that;)

Great reviews so far - really enjoyed your review of Wolfgang Pucks (we're headed there ourselves in May).

And afternoon tea...I love the Gardenview Lounge! If I lived as close to WDW as you do I'd end up at the GF having tea once a week and then my diet would be wrecked (but it would be worth it!).

Looking forward to the rest (with pictures!). :goodvibes

Whispering Canyon Cafe

47b7df05b3127cce81416a0c717a00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We spent another busy day getting the house ready for move-in condition and it was looking more like home every day! We were all starving once it got close to dinner time! We had so much work to do that we only had time to really eat one meal a day.

We couldn't wait to go back to the Wilderness Lodge! We spent a magical week during Christmas break there back in 1998 and we loved it! We hadn't been back since then and we had heard there were many changes to Whispering Canyon Cafe for the better.

There was a lot of construction going on at the Wilderness Lodge and we saw the new DVC Villas area they had added on. It looked like they still had a lot of work left to do!

47b7df05b3127cce81416a16716000000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7df05b3127cce81416a1bf05d00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We arrived a little earlier than our reservation time and that gave us time to enjoy the resort. It brought back so many great memories from our Christmas there almost 10 years ago! We couldn't believe it was really that long ago!

47b7df05b3127cce81416af1f0b700000015101AaMWrNw3aMW

Our meal begain as quite the experience. We checked-in, but then I went off to the bathroom. I came back and didn't see my parents anywhere! One of the hostesses came over to me and said, "are you Lindsey?" I said, "yes" and was given a disappointed look and a, "it's about time you decide to show up!" I was brought to our table in the back, where my parents were sitting and the hostess yelled out to the entire restuarant, "well, Lindsey decided to finally come of the bathroom and now she has to pay the bill!" :lmao:

Our waiter then came over to our table and asked if I had washed my hands. I said, "of course," and I was then quizzed! He asked me, "what color was the soap?" :rotfl: I knew this was going to be quite the Disney dining experience!

Our waiter was hilarious and I loved how my Mom and I were known as "Princess" and my Dad was "Cowboy!" He threw a stack of about 30 napkins on our table and then began throwing straws at us! :rotfl2: He also gave us three pages from a Disney coloring book to color and told my Dad he better do a good job with it!

We saw the endless Milkshakes on the menu and we all got pretty excited! We each ordered a different flavor, so we could pass the milkshakes around! We tried the orange, vanilla, and chocolate! We were also brought a basket of warm fresh cornbread!

47b7df05b3127cce81416ae4719200000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We decided to order the nachos for an appetizer, but left the meat off, since I am a vegetarian.

47b7df05b3127cce81416ae5f0a300000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We had to stop our coloring when our meals were brought out to our table. My Dad didn't want to put his Crayon down! He even got his picture of Lighting McQueen hung-up on display for all the see! He was so proud!

I had the Vegetarian Stew, which is Cannellini bean stew, oven-dried tomatoes, grilled yellow squash, and baby spinach with garlic, fried potato curls, and honey-basil ginger oil. It was one of the most filling meals I've ever had!

47b7df05b3127cce81416ad671a000000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

My Mom and Dad each ordered the Meatloaf served with gravy, mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. My Dad cleared his plate and my Mom was so full that she wasn't even able to finish it!

47b7df05b3127cce81416ad471a200000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We topped off our meal with another round of milshakes and all ordered a different flavor this time! Yee Haw!

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Score (Out of 5):

Atmosphere: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Service: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Food: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

White Lightning was a rollercoaster that was just one huge loop and went up really high at the ends of the loop. I used to ride it over and over. Ahhhh those were the days!

Glad to hear I haven't been missing much at Scarowinds. I'd wanted to go to Halloween Horror Nights for years and finally went in 2006. It has about seven haunted houses that are very professionally done. They build some of them on soundstages and those have facades - like a scary old mansion or a mental hospital. : ) They are very gory and creepy. They also have different themed "scare zones" where "scareactors" walk around and scare you. The themed areas are soooo well decorated. It's tons of fun, but the only drawback is you sometimes have to stand in line with a bunch of annoying drunk college kids. I highly recommend buying the Express Pass so you can visit every haunted house!

That veggie stew looks yum! AND - is that the Peter Pan tshirt from Disney Couture that you're wearing???? I have the same shirt! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney Couture!!!!!!! I'm constantly trying to find the expensive items on ebay for cheaper!

Hi, I just wanted to drop in and let you know that I am enjoying your food trippie as much as your other trippies.

My husband has just suggested that when he retires fromm the military that we move to Florida since we are Disney fanatics !!! He said "wouldn't it be cool for our grandkids to think that Nana and Poppy LIVE in Disney World?" I totally agree with him so I think we could be neighbors before it's all over with. I think YOU actually put the idea in his head after reading this food trippie, LOL. He said he would be the fullest Poppy in all the "World"

Hope you have a safe trip back to Florida and can't wait to hear more.
I will be having the first of three dental appointments next Friday to do some work I have been putting off for a while now because I have such a fear of dentists. My husband finally convinced me to go see one last week and he is such a sweetheart and totally put me at ease ( enough so, that I even let him pull a tooth that afternoon) Anyway, wish me luck, I'm not looking forward to the pain, but I am looking forward to the ice cream, LOL.
OMG I have rambled on, you poor thing, sorry.
p.s. I love your mirror, Disney Shopping has some cute stuff on clearance right now, but I'm sure you knew that;)

I future WDW neighbor! :wave2: I hope your dream comes true too and you get to make the move to Florida! Oh, and I will send you all the best for your upcoming dental work! I know it's not fun, but enjoy the drugs and like you said, the ice cream! :rotfl2: Here's some pixie dust for you! pixiedust: Good luck!

Great reviews so far - really enjoyed your review of Wolfgang Pucks (we're headed there ourselves in May).

And afternoon tea...I love the Gardenview Lounge! If I lived as close to WDW as you do I'd end up at the GF having tea once a week and then my diet would be wrecked (but it would be worth it!).

Looking forward to the rest (with pictures!). :goodvibes

Thanks! :thumbsup2 You will love Wolfgang Puck's! I just hope you have better service than we did! The food is so good and you don't want bad service to ruin your meal. I think I may have to make a monthly trip to the Garden View Lounge. I just love it! princess:

Yay! Great review! Maybe we should get together and work on the 2 year review a thon....oh...and btw, where were you living in NC? That's where I was living before we moved down! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter