• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Food Trippie: This is How You Gain 10 Pounds Moving Next Door to the Mouse

Yay Lindsey you're back, I hope you were able to find your memory card so we can see some pics of the new house, how is everything going, all settled in yet? Did dh make the move down yet?

Can't wait to hear all about the Pirate and Princess Party as well :goodvibes

Lindsey's back! :banana: Lindsey's back :banana:

I can't wait to read the rest of your reviews and hear about the party! :wizard:

Kona Cafe

47b7df05b3127cce814160a971da00000015101AaMWrNw3aMW

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the posts and PM's! I've been trying to catch up, but haven't been online much at all and when I am...it's all about The DIS! We are FINALLY pretty much all moved in. DH got here for the first time yesterday around noon. He's been busy hooking up all the DVD and VHS players. :happytv: I can't wait to share some pictures of the house with you! It is totally DIS'ed out!

We've been having a lot of computer issues with our main computer and DH has been trying to fix it all day! It's messing me up with posting on The DIS too, which is why I am now on my lap top. The problem is when you you right click on a photo and click on properties to get the photo's web address. Our computer is not letting us click on the properties and this means no web address, and that means no posting photos on The DIS! We just can't figure it out! Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm going to finish-up this Food Trippie with the last stop at Kona Cafe! After that, I will begin my new Trip Report, so be on the look-out! Oh, and sadly I never found that memory card and I'm pretty sure I deleted all of those pictures by mistake. :worried: I do have so many more wondeful photos to share, so I think they'll make up for the loss.

This is the end of my Food Trippie! I hope you all enjoyed it and I will now devote my time to writing my new Trippie all about the Pirate & Princess Party! Plus, many other food stops, which I'll incude! I'll post the link on here, once I get it going!

47b7df05b3127cce814160ab71d800000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

My parents and I made it over to the Kona Cafe and our favorite resort is the Polynesian! We make sure to make a trip over there every time we have ever been to WDW! Plus, I did have my Disneymoon there! This was my first time EVER to Kona Cafe. My parents and the rest of my family actually ate there the day after my wedding and that's when my Mom was first intoduced to Tonga Toast! :banana:

47b7df05b3127cce814160a6f0e500000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

Kona Cafe was pretty empty, so I'm sure we could have gotten-in without any reservations. We all ordered the same thing, TONGA TOAST! We couldn't believe how large it was and my Mom said it was the double the size of the one she had in June. It was so sweet and yummy! Tonga Toast is stuffed with fresh bananas and it was better than I even had imagined! :banana:

47b7df05b3127cce814160aef0ed00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

Oh, and I also ordered Pineapple Juice, which I love and must have every time I go to the Polynesian or the Dole Whip counter at the MK! My parents each had Kona Coffee, but when my Mom saw my Pineapple Juice, she had to order some too!

47b7df05b3127cce814160a4f0e700000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

We finished our fabulous breakfast and took some time wandering around the Polynesian and checking out the newly refurbished Captain Cook's. Of course, that also means we did some shopping! We even too a quick monorail ride over to the Grand Floridian! :goodvibes

47b7df05b3127cce81416094f0d700000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

Kona Cafe

(Out of 5):

Atmosphere:::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Servcie:::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Food:::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Hey Lindsey,
We met a few days ago outside Rapa Nui, remember? Just wanted to say the reviews are great, pics too! It was fun to see a DISer at WDW finally :)

Hey Lindsey,
We met a few days ago outside Rapa Nui, remember? Just wanted to say the reviews are great, pics too! It was fun to see a DISer at WDW finally :)

I sure do! :banana: It was so weird to run into two DIS'ers in the same morning! That's pretty rare! I met the other DIS'er at 'Ohana! :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you enjoy my Trippies! I'm staring up my new one later today and I'm going to make sure to include my DIS encounters too! :magnify:

Great reviews as always Lindsey & pictures!!!!!!! Yippee!!!! :banana:
When are we going to get to see more house pics?

Thanks! I'm going to make sure and post more house pictures as soon as I start my new TR! :woohoo:

Lindsey, I finally caught up on your food TR! I must say, you always pick wonderful restaurants, and I'm always so eager to read about them :goodvibes

Too funny that the first meal you had all week w/ your Dad was at Spoodles. I recently made my ADRs for our wedding/ disneymoon and the first meal I picked for when my Dad gets there is Spoodles :laughing: Great minds ;)

I hope you made it back to FL safely and your computer will be hooked up soon!

That's too funny! Your Dad will love my Spoodles! My Dad cleared his plate and out waiter was so impressed! :rotfl2:

Hey Lindsey! Great reviews so far. Hope you had a safe and wonderful trip.

When you get a chance PM me your realtor stuff!

I FINALLY sent you a PM! :banana:

Lindsey

Welcome Back :cheer2:

I was curious were you affected by the storms in Florida:worried:

Luckily, we were not affected by the storms. We found out about them when we arrived in FL, but they did happen pretty close to where we live. We are safe and sound. :goodvibes

Great report thanks for doing them! WE're going to most of the ones you wrote about and I've very glad we've chosen them after seeing your wonderful pics!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe

My Mom and I had our work cut out for us in the house. It is a beautiful home, but it had been abandonded for almost 9-months! That meant there was A LOT of clean-up to do before we could begin painting and before the furniture arrived. The owners now lived in California and never came back to see the place again.

n25002324_31404491_2575.jpg

We made one of our many, many trips to The Home Depot to pick-up supplies and paint! I even bought some Disney paint! Two of the walls in our master bedroom and our master bathroom is painted with "Tigger's Tummy!" :tigger: I love it! We've got a lot of Disney decorations throughout the entire house. I'll have to re-take all the photos when I get back to Florida, so I can show a few of my favorite things!

I do have a few photos on the memory card I do have! Here is a wall in our den with some Mickey flare! My DH and I bought this mirror over a year ago and we were finally able to hang it up! :banana:

47b7df05b3127cce8141609d71ee00000016101AaMWrNw3aMW

It was another exhausting day of painting for my Mom and I and we had to reward ourselves with another trip to Downtown Disney for dinner! It was packed this night and every restaurant had atleast a hour wait and we were starving! We decided to try out Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe, but we had to make a quick stop at the Candy Cauldron to get a snack to tide us over!

The Candy Cauldron was a neat candy shop with an entire theme around the Witch from Snow White. There were poision apples everywhere in the designs of the place. You can even watch the candy apples being made from outside the window. Yummy! The neatest touch is that they add a gummy worm to the top of every candy or chocolate covered apple.

My Mom and I love Disney's strawberries and I saw a huge one covered in white chocolate with Reeces' Pieces on it! :eek: Now, that wasn't a combination I had ever seen before, but I knew I had to have it! My Mom went with the classic chocolate covered strawberry. We sat outside and enjoyed our scrumptious snacks!

I did some quick shopping before our buzzer when off for our table. I bought a Pirates of the Caribbean jacket, which I love! It has a skull and cross-bones on the front with "Dead Men Tell No Tales." I was in line checking out and our buzzer finally went off! Woo hoo! Time to eat!

Wolfgang Puck Gand Cafe was huge inside and it was packed! We got seated at a table in the back of the restaurant in a nice private area and our waitress came over to our table quickly to take our drink orders. We then saw two other groups of people get seated at tables right next to us and I knew there was going to be trouble! There was no way one waitress could cover all these tables at the same time.

Well, I was right because it took us 15 minutes to finally get our drinks and then our waitress didn't take our order. She went to the table right next to us and brought them their drinks and took their meal order and they had sat down about 10 minutes after us. The next thing we knew, the manager came over to our table to take our order.

We didn't realize we got bread with our meal because we didn't have any brought to our table when we sat down or got our drinks, so we ordered an appetizer. We decided to try the Spinach & 5 Cheese Dip. Well, it took about another 15 minutes to have our appetizer brought out to us and we had still never seen our waitress again by this point, but she was right on top of the table across from us. The other three tables of families in her seating area were being ignored too and were as irritated as we were. It made no sense! :confused3

The Spinach & 5 Cheese Dip was served with crispy Parmesan flatbread and it was really good! We were starving because this was our only meal of the day, so it was gone pretty quickly. We were finished with our appetizer and had to wait almost 20 minutes for our meals to arrive! They were also brought to us by other random people and the table across from us was brought their food before we were, and given bread before us! After our meals were placed on our table, a waiter came over and gave us our bread. Why would we be served bread when our meal is brought out to us!? We were irritated because we would have liked to enjoy the bread before our meal and there was a lot of it!

Our food was wonderful! I ordered the Pumpkin Ravioli, which was fantastic! The first time I ever had it was at a little restaurant here in NC and it's pretty hard to find. I was so happy to see it on the menu because I hadn't had it in a long time! The Ravioli had a brown butter sauce with fried sage, port wine glaze, toasted pine nuts and aged parmesan cheese. It was pretty tasty! I can't wait to go back, so I can order it again! Hoepfully, with better service this time. ;) My Mom ordered the Margherita Wood-Fired Pizza and it was great, of course! It was topped with mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes, and basil.

By this time our glasses were empty and our waitress never came over to give us refills! Another waiter had to refill my Mom's glass and I had to flag down our "real" waitress to finally get some more Diet Coke! We would have liked to enjoy a dessert, but we had already spent WAY too much time at Wolfgang Puck's for one night! We didn't even leave a tip and that is a big shocker for us! We always leave a tip and it's been over 15 years, since my Mom hasn't left a tip.

Our food was fabulous, but the service was absolutely dreadful! We left the restaurant and just out of pure coincidence, we were approached by a CM, who would like a review of our meal at Wolfgang Puck's. :rotfl2: We told her about our awful service and she was in shock! She said that was unacceptable and it was hard for us to even fill out the survey because the food was excellent. We were glad we were able to voice our opinion on what should have been a perfect meal.

We will be going back because the food was fantastic, but we just hope we don't have to encounter the same waitress next time. ;)

Wolfgang Puck Grand Cafe

Score (Out of 5):

Atmosphere: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Service:

Food: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

This is the 2nd review of the pumpkin ravioli that I have seen lately and I am thrilled it is still wonderful. It is my favorite dish of all time. It is SO good! Did they ever bring you any of their fresh bread? I am not sure if they still have this? I have pumpkin ravioli at other places, but the WPC is the best! Thank you for your reviews and for sharing! I am looking forward to reading the rest of your reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter