• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

Dont worry, I am going back to WDW in October, and I am sure I will embarass myself again. I will post it here. Really, it may be hard to top my last trip!;)

When I go in December I am sure I will do something stupid....always do!

BUMP!

Bump is just a means to make the thread come to the top of the new list so others can begin replying again--in hope of keep the threads topic active. Bump!

My most recent embarrassing moment was when my DH decided to crop dust the entire PotC line. O...M....G!! It was horrifying. My daughter took a direct hit and you could see the fog billowing around us. I knew INSTANTLY it was my husband. If looks could kill he would have been a dead man!! He bursts into uncontrollable laughter and all I could do was apologize to the people behind me. It was the foulest smelling fart of all time. Almost impressive. You could hear the moans and groans a good 15 feet behind us. There was nothing we could do but marinate in it.

I disgustedly slapped him throughout the day whenever I thought about it. UGH THOSE POOR PEOPLE!!!

Besides going around the pole waiting after hours on the bus stop for Animal kingdom at night, I made a fool of myself twice by going on the monorail instead of buses for Hollywood studio and once going to the wrong way while docking with speed boat and not knowing what to do?

Just finished reading this thread over the past four days, and thought I should share as well.

DH and I Honeymooned at WDW summer of 2001. In fall of 2004 we did our second visit. We loved Epcot our first trip, and had to stay for Illuminations as we reminisced about our Honeymoon. Not being lovers of crowds, we waited a bit after the show to let the crowd get out befor strolling from Germany to the front of the park. While strolling I mention to my husband that the song that is playing is familiar to me, and I was sure I had heard it somewhere befor. He looks at me oddly and says, here! I proceed to argue with him for several feet that I was sure i had heard it somewhere else, maybe on the radio. He kept insisting that the only place I had heard it was at Epcot. It ends up that the music was from the Tapestry of Dreams Parade, and the only place I had heard it was while at Epcot. I felt like an idiot insisting I had heard it on the radio. To this day, whenever we visit Epcot and here this walking out, DH always says "Where have I heard this before?"

Another one happened in December 2008 when we visited with DH, DM, DF, DB, DSIL, DN6 and DN4. It is really more a could have been embarrassing, but it was funny, at least to us. We had decided to ride Splash Mt as a group. My DM and DF decided to sit this one out and sit by the drop so they could watch us. As we got to the line DSIL realizes she is missing her purse. She hoped she left it in the basket of DM's scooter, and knowing she will not relax until she has it, goes back to look for it, telling us to go ahead. Well DN4 decides he does not want to go, and that the ride will be scary. DB insists that he will enjoy the ride, and makes a deal with him that if he goes and does not like it, he will not have to go again. DN4 pouts but knows he has no choice, so continues in line. We get to the log, and next thing I know DN4 is jumping in the log with me and will not let go. He is very much a Daddy's boy (still is today at 12) but is so mad at Dad for making him go, he decided I was better. So DB and DN6 are in front of us, with DH right behind us. As soon as the log juts forward and starts moving, I all of the sudden feel my shirt being lifted up, and DN4 has stuck his head under my shirt. DH cracks up behind me. I try comforting DN4 and coaxing him out of there, but he was not having it. However, the ride started to interest him, so he kept lifting the shirt and checking out the ride, lucky for me, no one can see you for most of the ride, because I am sure he was flashing my bra constantly (come to think of it, I bet some CM's got quite a view on the security cameras). I finally got him to watch most of the ride, but would tell him when the drops were so he could hide. Thankfully he came out and stayed out before the end, so my shirt was in place when we came back into the loading platform. And the picture after we exited, I have a big red lump coming out my side. DN4's head was fully covered by my shirt. At least he wasn't peeking out and exposing me then!

Having a child sing the Wicked witch song from the Wizard of OZ while following a handicap woman in moterchair draped in a black poncho, going around the park with toilet paper hanging from your underwear, and walking with a ruined sandal in park and later having the same sandal once fixed, falling apart in Grand Floridian while Arabic sheiks wondering why you are limping around?

When all 4 members of my family, including me, fell asleep in The American Adventure and the people next to us had to wake us up so that they could leave when the show was over! (in our defense it was day 7 of our vacation)

I'm only on page 28 but these are hysterical! Mine aren't too bad compared to some of these.

DF is a very quiet, reserved man. He grew up going to Six Flags, and liking thrill rides, and I was a little worried he wasn't going to have the same love for WDW that I have, or that attractions might seem to "kiddish" to him. Well, we're on our first trip together to WDW (his first time ever) and our very first ride is Space Mountain. As we're ascending, he's just silently looking ahead, presumably with a bored look on his face. Then, the ride starts, and in the darkness, all I hear is howls that sound exactly like the Goofy yell from all the cartoons, followed by every expletive you can imagine being shouted from DF. :eek: I spent the entire ride screaming "There's kids! This is a family place!"

Another funny DF moment, was at DL. We brought DN9, and DN and I were waiting on line for attraction (I don't remember which one) and DF had gone off to the restroom. Well we were ready to go into the attraction, so he kind of jogged to get to us, and tried to hop over the chain (the ones the use to make the queue) which should be no problem for 6'0 DF, but his foot got caught, and he face-planted onto the concrete, taking down the chains with him. DN and I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the ride. :lmao:

I'm only on page 28 but these are hysterical! Mine aren't too bad compared to some of these.

DF is a very quiet, reserved man. He grew up going to Six Flags, and liking thrill rides, and I was a little worried he wasn't going to have the same love for WDW that I have, or that attractions might seem to "kiddish" to him. Well, we're on our first trip together to WDW (his first time ever) and our very first ride is Space Mountain. As we're ascending, he's just silently looking ahead, presumably with a bored look on his face. Then, the ride starts, and in the darkness, all I hear is howls that sound exactly like the Goofy yell from all the cartoons, followed by every expletive you can imagine being shouted from DF. :eek: I spent the entire ride screaming "There's kids! This is a family place!"

Another funny DF moment, was at DL. We brought DN9, and DN and I were waiting on line for attraction (I don't remember which one) and DF had gone off to the restroom. Well we were ready to go into the attraction, so he kind of jogged to get to us, and tried to hop over the chain (the ones the use to make the queue) which should be no problem for 6'0 DF, but his foot got caught, and he face-planted onto the concrete, taking down the chains with him. DN and I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the ride. :lmao:

I believe the first (and only) time I rode it, I screamed, "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIIIIIEEEE!!!"

My first ever roller coaster (i am afraid of all and nothing) Was Expedition Everest.

- Do you want to sit in The first row on The first wagon?
- ok
- Are you sure?
- ok

It is My first roller coaster like i said. I speak french. I am not in My element there. But Why not, i Will see...

I said NON NON NON NON NON (no, 10000 trillion of times) of The entire ride. Exept on top when i saw all The 3 others parks, So beautiful! And We drop backward NON NON NON NON!

After The ride i cannot exit The wagon, i Was in Shock, staring in The face of The DEATH!

- Are you ok miss?
- Are you ok miss?
- i am ok
- Do you need some help?

And My Sister take me out of The wagon. And i need My cane and her shoulder to exit.

The walk of shame.

My first ever roller coaster (i am afraid of all and nothing) Was Expedition Everest.

- Do you want to sit in The first row on The first wagon?
- ok
- Are you sure?
- ok

It is My first roller coaster like i said. I speak french. I am not in My element there. But Why not, i Will see...

I said NON NON NON NON NON (no, 10000 trillion of times) of The entire ride. Exept on top when i saw all The 3 others parks, So beautiful! And We drop backward NON NON NON NON!

After The ride i cannot exit The wagon, i Was in Shock, staring in The face of The DEATH!

- Are you ok miss?
- Are you ok miss?
- i am ok
- Do you need some help?

And My Sister take me out of The wagon. And i need My cane and her shoulder to exit.

The walk of shame.

That's exactly why I have NEVER ridden EE! :rotfl2: Not just "no" but "HELL NO"! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter