• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

Was hoping not to be able to add to this thread but...

Yesterday at AK, on Kali River Rapids, AFTER I was already soaked, we came to the part with the squirting elephants, and I decided to duck so it missed me. Y'know how there's that bar/ring in front of you to hold on to? Crunch. Yep, broke my nose, right in front of my kids. Hurts like heck. (Can breathe just enough not to be immune to stitch's great escape lol)

Then during dinner, my wife mentions that those are controlled by people watching the ride, and she was the one squirting us. :rotfl2:

Geez, that's awful! I'm glad you can laugh about it though! Feel better soon!

Yesterday at AK, on Kali River Rapids, AFTER I was already soaked, we came to the part with the squirting elephants, and I decided to duck so it missed me. Y'know how there's that bar/ring in front of you to hold on to? Crunch. Yep, broke my nose, right in front of my kids. Hurts like heck. (Can breathe just enough not to be immune to stitch's great escape lol)

Then during dinner, my wife mentions that those are controlled by people watching the ride, and she was the one squirting us. :rotfl2:

So your wife attacked you with an elephant and caused you to break your nose while on vacation... :confused3:rotfl2:

No WAY would I ever Ever EVER let my DW forget what she did. :lmao::rotfl:

I did not know that the people watching the rapids controlled the elephants.

Later,
Dan

I'm so sorry you hurt yourself ! Hope you feel better soon. Ouch.

Kinda like my aunt. Her brain and mouth were working at two different speeds and she referred to her two favorite dwarves as "Gropey" and "Dumpy"
:rotfl:

Two of the lesser known Dwarves, who didn't get a call-back after their audition, no doubt. :rotfl2:

I am laughing out loud as I write this. NEVER thought I'd share, but since all of you have shared your (hilarious!) stories, here goes:

September 2010. Disney trip with my family, my parents and sister/BIL. My mom, sister and I were in the restroom in Frontierland and the guys were outside with the kids. My sister and I finished first and were just starting to wash our hands when my mom emerged from her stall. As she stooped a bit to wash her hands, I noticed something funny hanging out of her fanny pack. My sister noticed, too, then began laughing hysterically.

My mom had somehow tangled up the paper toilet seat cover between her pants and her fanny pack, with part of it actually tucked inside her shorts.

We were all laughing so hard we could barely help mom, who was also doubled over giggling. Other people were watching us try to unravel this thing from mother's backside and were also laughing.

My mother is a freak for covering toilet seats whenever she uses public restrooms. We still make fun of her for trying to snag a free souvenir from the restroom that day.

DD was 2.5 on her first trip. We had dinner at Chef Mickey's. She dropped her fork in front of the waitress and exclaimed, "Oh Sh--!"

Yeah, DH and I died a little and Grandma just looked at us. The waitress laughed. That was the kid's first swear. Now she knows that she isn't allowed to use those words until she is 16.

Okay, I have a doozy. My DW and I think this is one of the funniest things that has ever happened to us. In telling it I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone.

A few years ago my DW and I are at WDW and it happened to be during the Gay Days weekend. That day the designated park for Gay Days was MK, and so to avoid the longer lines DW and I decide to go to MGM. We get to the park before it opens and there are a large number of folks (mostly guys) in their red shirts for Gay Days going to MGM instead of MK, and a crowd has formed, waiting for MGM to open. Standing next to DW and me is an older married couple, in their sixties. The wife is sort of gently nagging the husband about does he have this, does he have that, and he mentions something that makes it clear this is their very first visit to WDW. I notice he is wearing a University of South Carolina shirt but I don't think anything of it. The couple is clearly noticing the large number of guys in red shirts but you can tell from their expressions they have no idea what's going on. The wife says, "it must be a convention of some sort."

Then the wife chides the husband that his balding head is going to get sunburned and so he pulls out a baseball cap from his backpack and puts it on. I hear her tell him to put the cap on but I don't look over at him, but suddenly my DW is absolutely convulsed in laughter--the kind of laughter that's like an earthquake but that you are trying not to show. She is leaning against me, shaking, arms around my neck, trying to hold the laughter in, practically in tears. I look over at the married couple.

The gentleman has put on a baseball cap that, like his shirt, celebrates the University of South Carolina. For those of you who don't know, the school teams are called the Gamecocks. (A gamecock is a fighting rooster.) Well, gamecocks is a long word, and his baseball cap had only the *second* half of that word emblazoned across the front of it. IN GIANT CAPITAL LETTERS. And this is what this very nice but clueless man is wearing during Gay Days.

I am also immediately convulsed with crying laughter, trying to hold it in. I keep waiting for one of the guys in the red shirts to comment favorably on the gentleman's baseball cap but all eyes are forward as the MGM gates open and the crowd surges inside. The couple went on their merry, unconcerned way with that suddenly hilarious baseball cap. DW and I have often wondered if anyone ever said anything to him.

:lmao:

No. Way. That is TOO perfect!!! :lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

This one belongs to my husband-

On our last trip to Disney to celebrate DD's 1st Birthday she ended up getting sick on the bus ride back to the resort and threw up all over my husband. Well we had decided to take the POR bus instead of the POFQ bus so we could enjoy the nice walk along the river back to POFQ where we were staying. He had to remove his shirt as soon as we got off the bus and walk shirtless in mid-november on a brisk high 50s/low 60s day... There were a few looks as we are quite pale to begin with and there really was no reason to be shirtless on that particular day- thankfully he's a great guy and a doting father and was far more concerned with our little one than his situation :)

And ... the next day she threw up on him in line for Pirates of the Caribbean- but i had packed everyone a change of clothes learning from the day before.

Still no clue why she wasn't feeling well. No fever, no sick symptoms, just spontaneous throw up. Both on DH.

Poor guy. Here's to hoping this year's trip is a little less messy!

Here's a typical kids "Where did they get that from ...?!"

In 2010 I'd surprised my DD who was 8 at the time with a Disney trip. Among the gifts in the surprise box was a set of various Disney character Crocs Jibbitz. There were more of them than she had holes in her Crocs so she put a few into mine :cutie:

Some way into the trip we stopped for a PP photo in front of the castle. DD had for some reason removed the jibbitz from her shoes and the photographer asked her "How come Mom has those cool guys on her shoes and you don't?"

DD looked straight at him and said "Well these things cost a lot money. They are really expensive you know. My Mom couldn't afford to buy them for both of us" :confused3 :eek: I just stood there staring at her trying to process what I had just heard. DD suddenly saw the look on my face and realized she didn't have hers in her shoes and later explained that she had forgotten she took hers out and thought the photographer was referring to gems in her shoes and mine having none. I was absolutely stunned but it was so funny afterwards :lmao:

Christmas at Disney, especially busy, and we know the ladies restrooms are always busy....

Plus a 4 year old must go into the bathroom stall with you.

So in we go, and she proudly yells "Grandma! You have snowflake undies on!"

I see most of our embarrassing moments are centered around the woman's bathroom. 2011 I went to wdw with my sister. It was raining in mk so we were wearing our ponchos. I was also carrying a backpack and umbrella. The electrical light parade was about to start so we both ran to go to the bathroom. I had sworn my sister was in the stall next to me and I had already had taken off EVERYTHING. As I was sitting there I noticed there was no toilet paper so I put my hand under the stall next to me and said," hay, I need some toilet paper". I guess my sister was NOT next to me because the next thing I knew I got a slap on the hand and someone yelling at me in another language. I stayed in that stall for a while so I didn't have to meet this woman face to face. When I finally met up with my sister she couldn't stop laughing. By the way, if your wondering about the " no toilet paper problem" well, I went through my backpack and found a clean pair of socks which I threw out immediately!!!!!

because the next thing I knew I got a slap on the hand and someone yelling at me in another language. I stayed in that stall for a while so I didn't have to meet this woman face to face. When I finally met up with my sister she couldn't stop laughing. By the way, if your wondering about the " no toilet paper problem" well, I went through my backpack and found a clean pair of socks which I threw out immediately!!!!!

I can barely breathe!!! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter