• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

tink2007

DIS Veteran
My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.

Did you hide from the other guys in the bathroom in case they came out before your husband?! :laughing:

That's funny!!! Wow, you must have been tired.

My embarrassing moment is not nearly as entertaining. When my son was younger, he would want to ride the rides but had terrible anxiety over them.

There was a very bad instance where he threw up in the line for Test Track. He threw up all over my sandals and I'm sure a few other people got wet! I was mortified.

I'm sure they all thought I was a terrible parent for bringing a sick child to the park, but really, he was just nervous.

My most embarrasing moment was our first trip to WDW with our fiesty little
3 and half year old DD!
She just thought she was such a big girl in her Cinderella dress and she was determined to ride DUMBO ALONE!!!:eek: Well we all know that can not happen and when I tried to get in with her she started pointing and yelling "GET IN YOUR OWN DUMBO"...Then she tried to kick me and told me to get out of her DUMBO!!!! AH!!! Not my little peanut!!!:rolleyes1

DH caught it all on tape!!! While I was pretty embarrased and aggrevated with my little angel:angel: at the time...Now I look back and watch the video and it is hilarious!!!:lmao:

She finally realized I had to ride with her and we had a wonderful flight!!:goodvibes

Kids will do that too you sometimes....:confused3

I really don't remember what I did when I came out of the bathroom. I felt like I dreamed it. It didn't seem to bother the other men. They didn't stop what ever they were doing.

My most embarassing moment happened at Typhoon Lagoon in 2005. Here's a copy from my blog about it:

I recently returned from a well deserved vacation. On my last day, we decided to go to a water park. I had never been to one before and I looked forward to the adreniline rush and refreshment of large pools of water.

Like most everything else in my life, I decided that I would just jump right in. I headed right to the big slide. They called it "Humunga Cowabunga" and I was certain I would soon know why.

As we headed toward the top, we passed the large crowd of people who waited at the bottom for their children or spouses. I assumed it was a sort of huddle of shame. The only reason to wait at the bottom was because you were too pansy to go down the slide. I'm fairly certain that it gave me a marginal ego boost to pass them as I headed for the stairs.

At the top of the slide, I took note of everything I should do. First, you sit in the slide, second you wait for the light to turn green and you cross your ankles while pulling yourself from the flat top down the slide which then promptly dropped about three stories, resulting in a 60mph plummet to the bottom.

The sliders before me screamed like they were taking a beating while they slid to the bottom.

As I started my slide, ankles crossed, I refused to scream. Instead I closed my eyes and thought "Dear God, what about this is supposed to be fun? It hurts like hell and at some point I'll have to come to a stop.. I forsee that being an excruciating experience."

Right about then my legs accidently uncrossed resulting in a record breaking wedgie. As I got to the bottom, I vowed to never do it again. I stood up and was so busy pulling my swimsuit out of my bum, I failed to notice that my top fell down.

The large crowd at the bottom didn't.

My children reminded me of this the other day while we were talking to family members about our last vacation at WDW in June of 2005. We went with my best friend's family and had one of the best vacations we've ever had. On our last day (8th day) we went to Epcot. It was very hot that day and the park was crowded. Around 3:00 we had done everything we wanted to do and the lines were very long and no more fast passes were being given out. Because we had dinner reservations at 5:00 we did not want to go back to our resort. We decided to ride the monorail. At least it would be air conditioned and we could get off our feet for awhile. After about an hour and taking a little nap we got off and headed back to the Epcot entance gate. I was walking in a very exausted trance directly behind my husband not paying much attention to where he was going. To my surprise and to the surprise of 3 other men, I had followed my husband right into the men's room and right up to the urinal. I was so shocked, I just started screaming. It took a few seconds to even realize where I was. My husband had to push me back out the door. My children had watched me walk into the bathroom and were on the ground laughing by the time I came back out. They will never let me live it down.

:lmao: Well, I tried to grab some strangers hand thinking he was DF. Whoops! DF was laughing at me from behind. :rotfl:

Okay...this is not on par with walking into the men's room or losing my top...but I was red in the face over it! ;)

We were leaving Epcot via the monorail and heading up the platform. My middle son was holding on to a stuffed Pluto he had gotten that day. As we approached the top of the landing he was holding it over the railing to the "bush area" that was unreachable down at the bottom. I figured we were in TROUBLE if he dropped his new "best friend" down so I told him to let me hold it. Of course, this makes him cry *big bad mommy takes away his toy*. So a CM who was sweeping the area asks him what is wrong and he tells him (he is 4 at the time) that his mom stole his " pavorite prend" (aka favorite friend). Well, I start to explain that I didn't want him to drop it by demonstrating holding it over the railing...and I bet you would never be able to guess what happened? HA HA..I dropped the stuffed Pluto down into the bush area.

Lucky for us the CM was able to get some sort of grabber arm thing and pull it out. When he pulled it out he handed it to DS and told him to keep it safe! Especially from his mom. HA HA HA. Ds didn't hold him out over the railings anymore. :rolleyes1 My family STILL makes fun of me for that and it was YEARS ago! ;)

I've never gone on a behind the scenes tour, but I've always been curious as to what we don't see, just the same.

A few trips back, we had walked through the castle and off to the right was Bert and some penguins. While our son was in line for autographs and photographs, I noticed a door just opposite that would lead, I presumed, behind Snow White and Pooh. I opened the door and walking down a hallway was Mary Poppins, coming to join Bert. I don't know who was more surprised--she or I. I mumbled something like "I was just curious as to what was back here." and quickly closed the door. When she came out a second later, she looked at me with a smile on her face but not in her voice, and said, "Please do not EVER do that again."

To this day, we speak of the day that I was fussed at by Mary Poppins.

It was 2004, I had just graduated high school and went with my friend Jenise and her family. It was POURING in MGM. It just started out of nowhere. Everyone was standing on the sides of sunset boulevard, huddling in stores or under their canopies to wait it out. Jenise and I are walking straight down the middle yelling "Panchos are for wimps! Rain doesn't bite! come on people!" thinking we were so cool.

I look down, turn to Jenise and say "uh... I forgot I'm wearing white shorts." Yes. White shorts. Pink underwear. Miss "Im too cool" (thats me) was parading down sunset boulevard, letting everyone see her panties.

I was HORRIFIED. And at that point, there was nothing i could do about it. I didn't have a thing to cover myself up. See through shorts for the next like 2 hours until they dried up. ugh!

This past May we took our 1st family trip to WDW. We went to AK on Mother's Day. It was hot and quite busy by the afternoon. We were gonna leave when I talked dh into letting ds and I go on EE one last time...actually I told him it was Mother's Day and I wanted to ride it one more time before we left for the day whether he liked it or not -LOL!! So we walk over go to the FP area so dh could sit in the shade with dd and my ds and I took off for the entrance! My ds ran off and therefore I followed as fast as I could run....and tripped on the bumpy ground and flew head first through the air and landed smack face down/belly down/knees down on the ground as if sliding into home plate! Before I knew what had happened there was like 3 CM's and othe guests there asking me if I was ok. Trying to regain my dignity I stood up and hobbled over to my ds who was standing there staring at me, looking mortified. I insisted I was ok and just wanted to get on EE before the line got longer. Boy did my one knee hurt the next coupole of days..other than that I was no worse for the waear. Upon exiting EE my dh told me he watched it all from the FP area and was laughing when he saw me "disappear" What a trip:rotfl:

OMG too funny all of these stories!:rotfl2: :lmao: Last August my family and I were in MGM at The muppetvision 3D , I think that is the one sponsored by Kodak? Anyway there is a 10-12 minute intro with music and all sorts of pictures and things shown on all the TV's while you're waiting. Well DS4 decides he can't handle the waiting anymore and screams "ENOUGH WITH THE"@#$%^*^" PICTURES ALREADY!!:scared1: The place needless to say erupted in laughter and those that weren't laughing were looking at me like I was the mother from you know where:headache: It was quite a moment!

Haha,Well this happened when I was little but it is still funny to all of us.

When I was like 4 or 5 I went to the MK with my mom,grandma,brother and sister.My mom was using a wheelchair and it was evening time.You know how some part's near the Castle have like hills?Well my sister,13 at the time, was pushing my mom along and decided it would be funny to push her really hard and let go..My mom went downt he hill with my brother in her lap.She pushed my brother out so he wouldn't get hurt. She had to go to the Medical Clinic there.All I remember is british people and stickers.But she was alright:)

It's really funny because my sister is 23 now and she still isn't allowed to push my mom in a wheelchair lol.

On our very first trip to WDW in Spring 1972, my mother and one of the Seven Dwarves (Sneezy, I think) bumped into each other. Hard.

We were coming around the Castle from opposite directions. My mom was looking off to one side and Sneezy was apparently looking the other way. All of a sudden: BUMP! My mom and Sneezy literally bounce off each other, stumble back, right themselves and just stare at each other. My mother was bright red with embarrassment. My sister and I were in tears of laughter and I still refer to it as "The Day my mom nearly knocked over Sneezy."

My swimsuit came completely unzipped catching a wave at Typhoon Lagoon. I think I got it zipped up before anyone had a chance to notice (while I was still underwater), but I sure got a nose and mouthful in the process. :lmao:

My moment happened at Blizzard Beach. It was a relatively warm day when it started to rain. The rain really made me chilled, so while DH and the kiddies continued to play I went off to find a dry chair and wrap up in a towel to get warm.

After a while a group of Brazillians came up to get ready to leave. I believe this group consisted of three families total. I was sitting on the edge of the area and they had the rest, about four lounge chairs.

I tried not to watch them but it was either look over that way or stare at a bush. Some of the time I just closed my eyes and rested and other times I glanced over.

They were changing the little ones' clothes. Having little ones run naked while getting dressed doesn't bother me. The moms sort of put their clothes on over their bikinis. However, the gentlemen were a different story. :eek:

The men got naked and then dressed. One guy was literally a foot from me and was completely naked taking his sweet time putting on his shirt, briefs, and pants. Of course I got an eye full when I opened my eyes and there was Mr. Brazil in all his glory just inches from me. I tried to act like it was no big deal and went back to closing my eyes. :rolleyes1

I mention where they are from simply because this may be how they do things over there. I didn't say anything because it was just me and they probably did what they would have done anway.

Even though he was the one naked next to me I was the one embarrassed. Needless to say, though I'll say it, men from Brazil are blessed. :lmao:

not funny but yes embarassing - my son forgot how to swim but nobody knew it until he was sinking at the bottom of the slide at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. i was running from the stairs of the slide around to the bottom of the slide when a life guard jumped in and pulled him out. i felt horrible and wanted to hide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter