Mingos in the Watah! What in the Wuhld?

I was so sorry to read of Joan's passing. It seems that when God made up his mind to take her he didn't linger with that decision....
I hope her suffering was minimal and now her family can find some comfort knowing that she is at peace.

Hey MeMom, so I saw the note on FB and just wanted to pop over here and say I was sorry to hear your sad news. So many people sending you positive thoughts and prayers today. :hug:

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who knew Joan. She sounds like an amazing woman who touched many, many lives. I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I have told Dawn and Kellye about the good thoughts and prayers coming from all of our DIS friends. I told them what good people you all are. Dawn and her oldest daughter, Brandy, have gotten a pretty good bite fron the Disney bug in the past couple of years, so there is a chance some of you might meet them one of these days on an October trip. They like to go during fall break.

Dawn and I talked for a while last night. She started out talking very well, but as the conversation continued, we were both in tears again. Her dad is probably not going to do well with this loss. As bad as it might sound, it would have been better if Joan had outlived Ray. His whole world was following her around and adoring her. Joan would have held up much better keeping herself busy with the kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids. Ray will probably do a lot of wandering around a big empty house being heartbroken. Hopefully, he will realize quickly that he will need to get out and reach out to others. I think women hold up better than men overall in this type of situation. They had been married 53 years, and he always made it obvious that he thought Joan hung the moon. :lovestruc

I am going to get out this morning and get Ray, Dawn, and Kellye, and each of the grandkids (all grown) a candle and candle holder of some kind. I want to get something nice just as a remembrance of Joan instead of flowers that will just fade away. They have some nice things at Yankee Candle, but I'm also going to check a few more places.

In 'kinda Disney' news, Bella has changed from an Ariel girl pahty to a Belle pahty to now a Tonna pahty. If she sticks with Tiana, Jill is pretty excited about the fun we could have with the New Orleans theme. It will be plenty easy to find stuff for this in party stores, but I would like to ask anyone who is near POFQ between now and the end of March if they might pick up some of the free Mardi Gras beads they give out in the lobby and food court. I will pay the shipping costs. I just thought it would be cool to have real Disney World beads at the party.

Planning for Bella's party will help get us through the long wait until June. I looked at flights this morning, so we'll be booking those soon. Since we're going in June instead of July, the wait shouldn't be that bad. Plus, church camp is in June this year, so ending out school and getting ready for camp will make both May and June fly by.

Have a good Monday, everyone!

P.S. I hope to get a lot of pictures cleared off of this computer today to make room for the new ones. With the funeral and all, though, I know we won't be able to start the new report until later in the week.

Memom and Jill - so sorry to hear about Joan. Continued thoughts and prayers for you and her family. :hug: I think that the candle idea is wonderful.

Caren I am so sorry for your loss. I saw on jills fb but I have been working off a smart phone only since the day after Christmas. (virus on my computer as well) and could not get here to give you my prayers until now.
She sounds like a wonderful person who was greatly loved and who loved all of you very much. We need more people like that these days. I amso glad you had someone like her in your family's life.

MeMom and Jill--So sorry for your loss! You are in our thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Would you like real Mardi Gra beads instead of Disney beads? I have a ton from when we were at a business meeting in New Orleans the week before Mardi Gras. These were thrown from the floats so they are authentic. I would be happy to ship them to you. If you want the Disney beads, we will be there for Easter and I could get them for you if not too late.

:hug: I'm so sorry for your loss. Joan sounds like she was a truly amazing woman and I'm sure all who knew her will miss her very much. Her family and friends will continue to be in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter