Mingos in the Watah! What in the Wuhld?

Good morning MeMom...... So sorry your family has had some rough days lately.
I am kinda of behind lately. As you know I lost my job right before Ty was born almost 3 yrs ago due to my company closing. Well Ty started preschool in August and I was still without a job. Well.... I got a job in a local pharmacy Monday.:thumbsup2 I really needed it.
Also, last night I had the funniest dream. In my dream me, Denny the girls and Ty flew to Disney. When we went to baggage claim Denny didn't have a bag. I suddenly remembered that we never even packed him a bag. I thought he packed it and he thought I packed it, so no extra cloths for Denny. So we went on to POP and when we got in the room there was a suitcase full of cloths that POP had provided for Denny. It was so funny because it was filled with men's capri's and tight little scoccer shirts. Well if you know my husband this is so funny. He would never wear men's capri's! :rotfl: I woke up laughing at him dressed in his capri's, scoccer shirt and work boots.
This will make my day.........

Does anyone know if there is an official opening date yet for any of the new attractions? We usually go in late Oct./early Nov. and I am really curious as to when this stuff is going to premier. I'm also wondering if the opening of all of this is going to do away with this year's fall discounts like free dining. :confused3 I just can't imagine Disney needing to give a big fall discount if this is opening in October as I am sure the people will come out in droves to see it.

I'm so glad all the services went well Memom. I know it was a comfort to see how much so many people thought of her. :hug:

I don't know any official dates. I've just heard things will be opening in small increments. Pat or Stephanie may know. They are usually pretty up on things.

Ray was surprised at how many people came from pretty far away to visit. I wasn't surprised at all. He didn't realize how many people adored her.

I am at MCO & will arrive in cold (& soon snowy!) Boston around 3:15. I took notes on my phone so I think I'll do a TR. Just need to come up with a title. I'm thinking "IT'S A TRAP! A January '12 trip report" because after riding Star Tours for the first time, Kailyn said that constantly. :laughing:

I can't figure out how to quote what I want to on my iPhone so I'm not gonna try, but I had to laugh when you said you faked your Star Wars knowledge by pretty much repeating everything Parker said - I did that with my friend's cousin's son (also four.) It does work. ;)

I've been thinking of you guys a lot & hope you are doing okay :hug:

If you guys end up needing beads, I remembered I have several hanging on my desk. I have no need for them so I'd be happy to give them a new home!

Sorry you had to leave the Disney magic. The word snow has been floating around here, but it seems to warm to me, and I haven't seen any news. It is wet, though, so we'll see. Nothing like what you will get, and I do not envy your weather up there at all.

We will keep you posted on the beads. As of yesterday, she had changed yet again to a 'Cennarella pahty'. Who knows what this party will end up being??? :upsidedow

I'm so glad that the service went well!!! I have no doubt that the lessons Joan lived and taught in her life will be carried on by all those she touched!!

Really looking forward to your Christmas TR!!! I will anxiously await it!!

Jill said she would try to start it today in the office, if things weren't too busy. I make no guarantees on that, though. That place keeps her hopping! :tigger:

Good morning MeMom...... So sorry your family has had some rough days lately.
I am kinda of behind lately. As you know I lost my job right before Ty was born almost 3 yrs ago due to my company closing. Well Ty started preschool in August and I was still without a job. Well.... I got a job in a local pharmacy Monday.:thumbsup2 I really needed it.
Also, last night I had the funniest dream. In my dream me, Denny the girls and Ty flew to Disney. When we went to baggage claim Denny didn't have a bag. I suddenly remembered that we never even packed him a bag. I thought he packed it and he thought I packed it, so no extra cloths for Denny. So we went on to POP and when we got in the room there was a suitcase full of cloths that POP had provided for Denny. It was so funny because it was filled with men's capri's and tight little scoccer shirts. Well if you know my husband this is so funny. He would never wear men's capri's! :rotfl: I woke up laughing at him dressed in his capri's, scoccer shirt and work boots.
This will make my day.........

Congratulations on your job! :woohoo: I need another part time job and maybe another full time job to pay for all my Disney dreams!

Too bad Denny couldn't see a picture of himself as you saw him. :laughing:

I don't know any official dates. I've just heard things will be opening in small increments. Pat or Stephanie may know. They are usually pretty up on things.

I haven't really been keeping up on the expansion, but I have heard the same as you, that it will be opening a little at a time. We'll check it out when we're there in a little over a week. I'm hoping for some passholder previews to come up before too long, but that's mostly wishful thinking :)

I'll be sure to let you guys know if we get the scoop on anything!

Does anyone know if there is an official opening date yet for any of the new attractions? We usually go in late Oct./early Nov. and I am really curious as to when this stuff is going to premier. I'm also wondering if the opening of all of this is going to do away with this year's fall discounts like free dining. :confused3 I just can't imagine Disney needing to give a big fall discount if this is opening in October as I am sure the people will come out in droves to see it.

I'm so glad all the services went well Memom. I know it was a comfort to see how much so many people thought of her. :hug:

The existing Dumbo attraction is expected to close on January 9 and be relocated to its new space, next to the new Dumbo attraction, offering guests a ‘Dueling Dumbo’ effect when the attraction is expected to re-open on February 18, 2012 for Presidents’ Day Weekend.

StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

StitchKingdom has this. Other thatn a fall date being thrown around for some other things, nothing firm yet. I am glad I got to ride Dumbo in the "old" location one last time.

ETA: From Inside the magic.

New Fantasyland expansion opening timeline
•Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Early 2012 - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr. •Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
•Early 2013 - Remaining half of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
•Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

Hi MeMom:wave2: Remember me?

I've been absent again but I'm trying to get caught back up. I've read the major updates but had to skim over a lot of the chatter. Right now I still have tears in my eyes from the news about Aunt Joan. I'm so sorry for your loss and for your families loss. I'm glad she didn't have to suffer long and is in heaven now with the other angels. It's such a blessing in life to find such a wonderful person. It sounds like she was a Princess inside and out.princess:

I'm looking forward to the start of the new report. We have 37 sleeps before we leave for our short Mardi Gras trip. We will be hitting the MK the day after the new Dumbo and Goofy ride open so I'll get lots of pictures to share. I don't have a smart phone but both Michelle and Chelsea do so maybe I can get them to post on FB for me.

Please let me know if Bella goes with the Tianna theme. Being so close to New Orleans I can get beads and maybe some other New Orleans stuff. Maybe some coaster for drinks or cups or beignet mix. Michelle and Austin go down there at least every other month.

I am an organ donor also. And I agree about cremation too. I think that it is great that Joan's kids honored her wishes and buried her in a red dress even though they didn't know why. Reminds me of my Grandmother. The only time she ever wore blue jeans was to work in the yard. When she was nearing the end of her life, she told us she wanted to be buried in jeans. We were shocked until she told us that she wanted to have her work clothes on because she was going to work for the Lord.

This is why I love the Dis and in particular, your trip reports...... all the love & support from your "Dis family"!!

Thank you to all who are considering being an organ donor. My dad received his kidney transplant 5 years ago, and I'm extremely thankful for the person and/or family that decided to donate the kidney in their time of grief.

Joan wanted to be buried in a red dress, for whatever reason. The girls questioned her on that, but that is what she wanted.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but my aunt was buried in a red Asian outfit that she bought in the Philippines when she and my uncle went there to adopt Josh and Jeremy. She didn't request any specific outfit but my mom picked it out. She was also buried with a teddy bear I bought for her while she was in the hospital. Not many 16 year olds buy teddy bears for their aunts but she always loved stuffed animals and she loved it. It was on her bed every day when we came to visit.

Your ticker says 1 month and 28 days this morning! :dance3:

I just want to get through January and February. Those always seem like double the days for me. If I get to March, the rest of our wait will not be too bad at all.

Glad we have have our DIS friendships. I can't even count how many of you sent comments here and on FB over the past week, but it was truly touching.

January is an easy month in college. I'm off until the 23rd. February will feel long though. I only have to get through one week of March before my trip!

I really do appreciate my DIS friends. I never expected to make such special friends on a message board, but joining the DIS was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Have you gotten any snow this winter? We've barely had any. We had that weird mini snowstorm in October, a tiny bit overnight on Monday, and a little on Christmas. I was wishing for a white Christmas and it wasn't in the forecast, so I was thrilled when I looked out the window Christmas morning and saw snow falling. It only lasted for about 20 minutes and none of it stuck but I was happy. My aunt was Kazin and Caleb's grandma and my uncle, their grandpa, was with Kazin when it started snowing and told him that it was a present from grandma :lovestruc

Still thinking about all of you. :hug: I really liked reading about the journal of Joan stories and the hurricane lamps are a great idea.

I am with you -- donate any useable organs and cremate me. Friday we interred my mom's ashes at Georgia National Cemetery (my dad was in the Navy, so that's how we decided on there). It was very difficult, but it's very pretty there.

In one of those humorous moments -- we were deciding what to put on the marble plaque, and the man told us a group was petitioning to have the Star Wars symbol as one of the choices (along with the crosses and Stars of David, etc.) :laughing: Really??? We all had a good laugh over that one. I like Star Wars, but just put a nice cross on my marble niche, please. :lmao:

I haven't really been keeping up on the expansion, but I have heard the same as you, that it will be opening a little at a time. We'll check it out when we're there in a little over a week. I'm hoping for some passholder previews to come up before too long, but that's mostly wishful thinking :)

I'll be sure to let you guys know if we get the scoop on anything!

The existing Dumbo attraction is expected to close on January 9 and be relocated to its new space, next to the new Dumbo attraction, offering guests a ‘Dueling Dumbo’ effect when the attraction is expected to re-open on February 18, 2012 for Presidents’ Day Weekend.

StitchKingdom.com - The #1 unofficial source for news on Disney

StitchKingdom has this. Other thatn a fall date being thrown around for some other things, nothing firm yet. I am glad I got to ride Dumbo in the "old" location one last time.

ETA: From Inside the magic.

New Fantasyland expansion opening timeline
•Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Early 2012 - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr. •Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
•Early 2013 - Remaining half of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
•Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

You are both my 'go to' DIS guys when it comes to ahead of time information. We will wait patiently and excitedly for news of anything. It's a bummer that my spring trip has to be cancelled during such an exciting year, but when we go in June, we're for sure to see some new stuff! :thumbsup2

Hi MeMom:wave2: Remember me?

I've been absent again but I'm trying to get caught back up. I've read the major updates but had to skim over a lot of the chatter. Right now I still have tears in my eyes from the news about Aunt Joan. I'm so sorry for your loss and for your families loss. I'm glad she didn't have to suffer long and is in heaven now with the other angels. It's such a blessing in life to find such a wonderful person. It sounds like she was a Princess inside and out.princess:

I'm looking forward to the start of the new report. We have 37 sleeps before we leave for our short Mardi Gras trip. We will be hitting the MK the day after the new Dumbo and Goofy ride open so I'll get lots of pictures to share. I don't have a smart phone but both Michelle and Chelsea do so maybe I can get them to post on FB for me.

Please let me know if Bella goes with the Tianna theme. Being so close to New Orleans I can get beads and maybe some other New Orleans stuff. Maybe some coaster for drinks or cups or beignet mix. Michelle and Austin go down there at least every other month.

We will let you know as soon as Jill decides. Bella will like any party, and she'll look back on pictures and think whatever we did was fun. It would just be easier to do Tiana or Ariel or even Belle than it would be to do some of the others where accessories and decorations are harder to find.

Brooklynn is really going to like the new Goofini roller coaster, since she had become such a Barnstormer fan. Same coaster for her; new pictures for me. :)

I am an organ donor also. And I agree about cremation too. I think that it is great that Joan's kids honored her wishes and buried her in a red dress even though they didn't know why. Reminds me of my Grandmother. The only time she ever wore blue jeans was to work in the yard. When she was nearing the end of her life, she told us she wanted to be buried in jeans. We were shocked until she told us that she wanted to have her work clothes on because she was going to work for the Lord.

I think if people are coherent enough to say what they want, we should honor those requests. I bet your grandmother is keeping herself busy up there. :goodvibes

Do you think it would work on my kids if I told them I requested a two month Disney vacation before I go? :rolleyes1

This is why I love the Dis and in particular, your trip reports...... all the love & support from your "Dis family"!!

Thank you to all who are considering being an organ donor. My dad received his kidney transplant 5 years ago, and I'm extremely thankful for the person and/or family that decided to donate the kidney in their time of grief.

We are so glad you feel at home here.

To be able to give someone else 'parts' that we have no need for sounds like a perfect plan to me. To know that another family would get to enjoy their loved one for a longer time would be very rewarding to me.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but my aunt was buried in a red Asian outfit that she bought in the Philippines when she and my uncle went there to adopt Josh and Jeremy. She didn't request any specific outfit but my mom picked it out. She was also buried with a teddy bear I bought for her while she was in the hospital. Not many 16 year olds buy teddy bears for their aunts but she always loved stuffed animals and she loved it. It was on her bed every day when we came to visit.

January is an easy month in college. I'm off until the 23rd. February will feel long though. I only have to get through one week of March before my trip!

I really do appreciate my DIS friends. I never expected to make such special friends on a message board, but joining the DIS was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Have you gotten any snow this winter? We've barely had any. We had that weird mini snowstorm in October, a tiny bit overnight on Monday, and a little on Christmas. I was wishing for a white Christmas and it wasn't in the forecast, so I was thrilled when I looked out the window Christmas morning and saw snow falling. It only lasted for about 20 minutes and none of it stuck but I was happy. My aunt was Kazin and Caleb's grandma and my uncle, their grandpa, was with Kazin when it started snowing and told him that it was a present from grandma :lovestruc

With all that has happened, this January is definitely not creeping by as they have always done. So far, the temperatures have not been terrible. I am happy for that, because my heating bill will not skyrocket.

We have flurries in the forecast for today, but it will be too warm for them to do any damage.

Still thinking about all of you. :hug: I really liked reading about the journal of Joan stories and the hurricane lamps are a great idea.

I am with you -- donate any useable organs and cremate me. Friday we interred my mom's ashes at Georgia National Cemetery (my dad was in the Navy, so that's how we decided on there). It was very difficult, but it's very pretty there.

In one of those humorous moments -- we were deciding what to put on the marble plaque, and the man told us a group was petitioning to have the Star Wars symbol as one of the choices (along with the crosses and Stars of David, etc.) :laughing: Really??? We all had a good laugh over that one. I like Star Wars, but just put a nice cross on my marble niche, please. :lmao:

I'm good with having my ashes in a Disney vase of some kind. ;) Wouldn't it represent me perfectly???

My first thought was take a dash of ashes and drop them into the Sassagoula River on that beautiful walk between POR and POFQ and then another dash at my church camp. I think there may be laws that forbid that, though. Maybe they would be okay with just a tiny, tiny, tiny dash? Just the size of a salt packet. Just to say I was there in some way. I know I am probably goofy to think like that, but that is really what I would like.

One of the girls got a plaque to go beside her hurricane lamp that has a verse that Joan loved. She put it on my FB page, so you can see it, if you'd like. It looks good in her house, so I hope it will look good for everyone else. Jill did want one, so I gave her mine and Drew is getting me a new one today.

Jackie/Memom - I've heard that people have spread their deceased Disney-obsessed loved ones' ashes in the water at PotC.....for some reason that just bothers me. And makes me not want to touch that water! Putting them in a river or the like is one thing b/c that water is continuously moving, but in a ride like that? :eek: And of course I'm not sure if it's true or not....could be just a rumor.

My first thought was take a dash of ashes and drop them into the Sassagoula River on that beautiful walk between POR and POFQ and then another dash at my church camp. I think there may be laws that forbid that, though. Maybe they would be okay with just a tiny, tiny, tiny dash? Just the size of a salt packet. Just to say I was there in some way. I know I am probably goofy to think like that, but that is really what I would like.

This is exactly what my Mom wants. A teeny pinch in the Sassagoula... and a teeny pinch while taking the boat to the MK from WL.

Yucky, I know, but I'll probably do it for her. :scared1:

I saw the picture on FB, MeMom. Those lamps are so pretty. I think you chose very well. :goodvibes

Thanks. I liked them, and it seems that everyone that got one does, too, so I am satisfied.

Jackie/Memom - I've heard that people have spread their deceased Disney-obsessed loved ones' ashes in the water at PotC.....for some reason that just bothers me. And makes me not want to touch that water! Putting them in a river or the like is one thing b/c that water is continuously moving, but in a ride like that? :eek: And of course I'm not sure if it's true or not....could be just a rumor.

I don't want to be in Pirates! I am really not even crazy about that ride. I do it because everyone else likes it, and it reminds me of our little guys and how much they like the whole Pirates theme. I like taking pictures in the gift shop more than I like the ride. :thumbsup2

Now Splash Mountain....I could stand having a pinch of me discretely dropped out the side of the log just before the big drop! :laughing:

This is exactly what my Mom wants. A teeny pinch in the Sassagoula... and a teeny pinch while taking the boat to the MK from WL.

Yucky, I know, but I'll probably do it for her. :scared1:

Surely a little tiny pinch flowing along the pretty river wouldn't do any harm. ;) Unless a hundred thousand of us want the same thing! :eek:

The boat ride from MK to Wilderness Lodge is another awesome place, only the captain might get someone for throwing something off the boat. I love it when the boat pulls out past that row of palm trees. It's so pretty!

I guess I won't make the request, though, because I don't want my kids to get into any kind of Disney trouble. :sad1:

With all that has happened, this January is definitely not creeping by as they have always done. So far, the temperatures have not been terrible. I am happy for that, because my heating bill will not skyrocket.

We have flurries in the forecast for today, but it will be too warm for them to do any damage.

Apparently it snowed today a few miles north but not here. We just got rain all day :(

I'm not looking forward to going back to school but I need to get back into a routine. I'm not bored, but I've just felt really lazy since my mom went back to work last week. But that's partially because I've been sick for about a week and a half. I've had a nasty stomach bug and a cold. Not bad enough for me to go to the doctor, but just bad enough for me to not feel like doing anything and just feel very "blah." Hopefully it'll go away this weekend and I can actually be productive next week and get some stuff done before I go back to school on the 23rd. I just realized that if we had gone to Disney this month I would've been sick the whole time :eek:

I just started my PTR! The link's in my signature so hop over when you get a chance! :yay:

I'm getting a kick out of the ashes stories :lmao: I told Jamie quite a while back where I want her to put mine. It's one of my favorite spots at WDW. It's a secret though, I don't want her to get caught by the Disney police :rolleyes1

Don't worry though, it's not on a ride or anywhere that 99% of people will ever have any contact with. Ducks maybe, but not people :thumbsup2

Thanks Stephanie and Pat! If you get any other updates, I'd love to know about them.

I am anxious to see all of the new things that are ready in June! :cool1:
Until then, we will be happy to get any and all of the pictures and videos that we can.

Apparently it snowed today a few miles north but not here. We just got rain all day :(

I'm not looking forward to going back to school but I need to get back into a routine. I'm not bored, but I've just felt really lazy since my mom went back to work last week. But that's partially because I've been sick for about a week and a half. I've had a nasty stomach bug and a cold. Not bad enough for me to go to the doctor, but just bad enough for me to not feel like doing anything and just feel very "blah." Hopefully it'll go away this weekend and I can actually be productive next week and get some stuff done before I go back to school on the 23rd. I just realized that if we had gone to Disney this month I would've been sick the whole time :eek:

I just started my PTR! The link's in my signature so hop over when you get a chance! :yay:

Sorry you have been sick. It's easy to get the winter blues even if you aren't sick. Staying at home in the warmth and comfort of home is something one could get really used to. We are getting a snow day today. It's really more of an ice day, since the side roads have an icy coating and there were a couple of major bad wrecks on the interstates very early. We have a high of 32 coming today, so it won't really change all day. Safest thing to do is stay home. ::yes::

I will be at your report in a few minutes. Don't be offended if I don't visit often, though. I'm not so good at keeping up with pre-trips. I do better when it comes to the trip reports later on.

I'm getting a kick out of the ashes stories :lmao: I told Jamie quite a while back where I want her to put mine. It's one of my favorite spots at WDW. It's a secret though, I don't want her to get caught by the Disney police :rolleyes1

Don't worry though, it's not on a ride or anywhere that 99% of people will ever have any contact with. Ducks maybe, but not people :thumbsup2

Ashes to ashes.
Dust to dust.
I feel a trip report coming
about a Disney police bust! :upsidedow

So you are not opposed to a little salt packet sized dash of me floating along the Sassagoula, right? :goodvibes

Advice-gathering time for the June trip. We would like to hear your thoughts on choosing one of the following:

Hoop De Doo Revue
Mickey's Backyard Barbecue
Spirit of Aloha Luau

I feel like it is past time for us to do one of these. What have been your experiences/favorites, and what are the pros and cons of each?

I also feel like a big Disney failure when people ask if we have 'eaten in the castle', since we never have. We haven't done it, because we have read so much about it not being worth the price. I would love to hear your thoughts on that, as well. I want to do it, just to say we have, but $60 a head for the grown-ups without any kind of show to go along with it just sounds really expensive. I still feel like we need to do it, though.

Advice-gathering time for the June trip. We would like to hear your thoughts on choosing one of the following:I also feel like a big Disney failure when people ask if we have 'eaten in the castle', since we never have. We haven't done it, because we have read so much about it not being worth the price. I would love to hear your thoughts on that, as well. I want to do it, just to say we have, but $60 a head for the grown-ups without any kind of show to go along with it just sounds really expensive. I still feel like we need to do it, though.

I did breakfast at CRT a few years ago on my birthday and it was a lot of fun and the food was pretty good. However, we did it during free dining and just used 2 TS credits for it and paid OOP for another meal during the trip that was far less expensive. I don't know if it's worth full price...I know the girls would love it, but there are definitely other ways to see the princesses! All in all, I would do it again though!:goodvibes But again, I wouldn't pay full price for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter