Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween DIS Party! DISney Princesses Party with Style! *DONE*

Fairy_Tale_Bride

DIS Veteran
Mickey's Not So Scary DIS Halloween Party!

DISney Princesses Party with Style!

:jumping1: :disrocks: :jumping1:
The Trip Report has begun!
Go to Page 9 for all the fun!

:jumping1: :disrocks: :jumping1:

mnsshp-logo-127.gif

I decided I must go ahead and start writing about my most exciting Disney Event yet,

Mickey's Not So Scary DIS Halloween Party! :magnify:

mnsshp100507lz4.jpg

It's actually something I've been planning, since this past December! That's right, 10 months of planning to put this event together! :eek:

I attended my first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with my Mom last year and we had a blast! (Check out Trip Report here: Two CrAzY Pirates & Dibs 'n Dabs! Mother/Daughter Trip!) Halloween is my favorite holiday and Disney is my favorite place in the world, so how can you go wrong!?

n25002324_31143879_2183.jpg

I've been hooked on The DIS since July 2006 and after MNSSHP, I knew I was ready to set-up a DIS Meet! I already had made some great friends on the DIS, so I started to put some ideas out there. :disrocks:

Tinkerbell87512 aka Cheryl and I started chatting, and came up with a great idea...
Check out her Trippie on our event here: Fall's coming and you know what that means: My First Fall Trip!
to have a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween DIS Party!!!party:

I posted the thread for our party on December 6, 2006 and waited to see how many DIS'ers we could find, who may want to attend. We can't believe how our little idea took off! :banana:

:hmghost: Check out our DIS Meet Thread Here: :hmghost:
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween DIS Party on October 5, 2007!

We set the date for October 5, 2007 and it's been a blast planning ever since! I know I have made so many great new friends on the DIS, while planning this event and I cannot wait to meet everyone! I know the excitement is driving us all crazy! :jumping1:

I thought it would be a blast if we all got together for dinner first, so we had time to talk and really get to know one another before the party, so we are also having a DIS Dinner! We will be dining at Liberty Tree Tavern! I can't wait for us to all be there! I have eaten there once before and that was last year before the Halloween party and it was fantastic! I can't wait to enjoy that mac 'n cheese again!

n25002324_31120362_3967.jpg

n25002324_31120365_727.jpg

We quickly began to think of ideas for our costumes. :scratchin We knew we had to represent The DIS in someway! ::yes::

Read on...
icon_mickey_halloween.gif

DISney Princesses

We came up with the great idea to be DISney Princesses! We decided we'd come up with matching t-shirts for us to all wear and with the help of some DISigners & jnjusoioa aka Jen, we created this fantastic designed shirts!

Jen actually got them all made for us and took the time to mail them each to us. Thanks Jen! :wizard:

Front:
47b7d703b3127ccebc27f33b91f900000025101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7d703b3127ccebc27f32591e700000025101AaMWrNw3aMW

Back:
47b7d703b3127ccebc27f32c10de00000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

Since, we had decided on the DISney Princess theme, a few of us thought it would be a fun idea to go to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique before our DIS dinner! This way we would really get to feel like Disney Princesses! princess: At the time, we had booked at the only Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney, but then we found out about the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique inside Cinderella Castle that was opening in September! :wizard:

bibbidi-bobbidi.jpg

Jen aka jnjusoioa quickly called to make us all reservations at Cinderella Castle! I have never been to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and I am thrilled to have the experience with my fellow DISney Princesses! I know we are going to have a blast and we get to be pampered in Cinderella Castle! What a way to begin a DIS party! princess: I'm still trying to decided which hairstyle to choose...:scratchin

I have been doing even more shopping for the DIS Meet! I can't mention everything because I still have to have some surprises for everyone! ;) I thought lime green boas would be a great touch to go with our DISney Princess theme, so a few of us will also be wearing boas! I can't wait to see us all! I also bought a light-up/glow necklace that strobes different colors. :thumbsup2

47b7d703b3127ccebc27f31391d100000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

Read on...
icon_mickey_halloween.gif

:hmghost: The Excitement is Killing Me!!!:hmghost:

We decided we all must start off the DIS Halloween Party right with a ride on the revamped Haunted Mansion! :hmghost: I am thrilled and cannot wait to go on it! I just have to say, that it is taking me a lot of self-control to not hop over to the Magic Kingdom and ride it! :rotfl2: So, after our DIS Dinner, we will be meeting the rest of the DIS'ers attending the party outside the Haunted Mansion when the party begins promptly at 7:00 pm! party:

It'll be the perfect way to start off the night and it'll be so much fun to experience the ride with fellow DIS'ers!

I actually was over at the Magic Kingdom before the first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year on September 14 and I didn't realize the event was going on yet! :eek: DH & I were just going to grab some dinner and enjoy some rides. Then, I saw all the decorations, which meant we were going to be kicked-out in about one hour! :rotfl: So, yes, I got a sneak peak and I was so impressed! It was so much better than last year and the decorations are amazing! I can't wait to really be able to enjoy it all! I did snap a few quick photos around Main Street. ;) It really felt like being at a Fall Carnival!
The sneak peak, just made the anticipation much worse for me! :lmao:

47b7d703b3127ccebc20e41030a400000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7d703b3127ccebc27f368109a00000025101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7d703b3127ccebc27f34410b600000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

47b7d703b3127ccebc27f34d918f00000025101AaMWrNw3aMW

DH & I left before we saw much of anything else, but I did stop into a few shops to check out some of the Halloween merchandise. I wasn't able to buy a Mickey Pumpkin Trick-or-Treat bucket last year because they were already sold out! I was so glad to see they had a few out and I had to buy it! :yay:

47b7d703b3127ccebc27f31810ea00000026101AaMWrNw3aMW

I bought a lot of Disney Halloween items last year and I haven't even decorated with them yet. I think I will be pulling them out of storage tomorrow! I can't remember everything I bought! :rotfl: I'll have to see if I need to pick-up a Mickey Pumpkin candle holder... :scratchin

Lindsey great job so far!! I really can't wait till the 5th we are going to have such a blast. Halloween is my favorite holiday too!! Main St looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it for myself all decked out.

The BBB is going to be great, we are going to look awesome after that princess:

Aww I feel so special you put me in your TR :goodvibes Thanks for the plug for my TR, I will plug yours in mine!

It's going to be fun reading everyones perspective on our meet!!

Linsey! It's me, Michelle mlill, and this is my new screen name. Stop by my new TR when you get a chance - the link is in my signature. I am sooooo excited about meeting everyone at our MNSSHP DIS Meet! I hope you all have a great time at BBB and dinner. We'll see you at 7pm in front of the Haunted Mansion! :thumbsup2 Brenna will be wearing her lime green boa, too! ::yes::

Thanks for the pictures. The park looks amazing this year. :goodvibes

Take care,
-Michelle

Just thought I would sign up, it will be great to read about our trip. Thank you for your mention of my help with the shirts, etc. It was my pleasure, I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and having a blast. Thank you for the photos from this year, they look amazing!!!! Also your picture with Mickey from last year, can you add that border from your photopass card when you get home?? It is too cute!!! We will soon be doing the single digit dance for our party!!!!:goodvibes

YAY another TR from Lindsey!

I'm so stinkin jealous of all you guys, I want to go so bad! But I've been following along with Cheryl's TR and I'm just going to live vicariously through you guys!

Everything looks awesome! I love the outfit ideas for the party! The MK isn't going to know what hit them when all ou ladies show up for the party!!

Hi Lindsey. I'll be missing the meet by about a week but I am enjoying reading about the meet preparations and am looking forward to seeing pics from the event. I've read some of your other trippies so I'm looking forward to another great one!

popcorn::

Hi Lindsey, I can't wait to read all about this meet in all the TR's that are sure to be written about the event.

It sounds like you ladies are in for a crazy fun night.

Hi! It'll be fun to read about the same event from so many different perspectives :) 10 days to go for us til we leave and we're very excited. We're picking up all of our travel documents tomorrow and I just stashed our passports in my new bag. I couldn't figure out how to make a princessy princess: look with the tie-dye tee's we picked so I'm leaning more towards a hippie'ish look instead :hippie:

Thanks for the sneek peek. I am going on 10/23 and am looking forward to hearing how your Dis Meet goes.

I remember hearing about this! Sounds like soooo much fun...I wish I could go! I went to MNSSHP for the first time last year and loved it. I can't wait to hear how it all goes! I love the pictures of the new decorations...they look amazing!

I am soooo jealous of you guys!! Looking forward to hearing about all your DISfun!!

Lindsey great job so far!! I really can't wait till the 5th we are going to have such a blast. Halloween is my favorite holiday too!! Main St looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it for myself all decked out.

The BBB is going to be great, we are going to look awesome after that princess:

Aww I feel so special you put me in your TR :goodvibes Thanks for the plug for my TR, I will plug yours in mine!

It's going to be fun reading everyones perspective on our meet!!

Thanks! Of course, you must be mentioned in my Trippie! You are my partner in crime with this whole DIS Meet! :banana:

Linsey! It's me, Michelle mlill, and this is my new screen name. Stop by my new TR when you get a chance - the link is in my signature. I am sooooo excited about meeting everyone at our MNSSHP DIS Meet! I hope you all have a great time at BBB and dinner. We'll see you at 7pm in front of the Haunted Mansion! :thumbsup2 Brenna will be wearing her lime green boa, too! ::yes::

Thanks for the pictures. The park looks amazing this year. :goodvibes

Take care,
-Michelle

Hi Michelle! I'm glad I know your new DIS name! I gotta go check out your new TR! :yay: I can't wait to meet you and your family! You guys look like such a fun bunch! :) I know Brenna is going to look fabulous in the boa! I can't wait to see us all looking good! ;)
Just thought I would sign up, it will be great to read about our trip. Thank you for your mention of my help with the shirts, etc. It was my pleasure, I am really looking forward to meeting everyone and having a blast. Thank you for the photos from this year, they look amazing!!!! Also your picture with Mickey from last year, can you add that border from your photopass card when you get home?? It is too cute!!! We will soon be doing the single digit dance for our party!!!!:goodvibes

You were a big part in helping with this whole event too! Everyone has been so helpful and we really all did it together! :grouphug: Yeah, I added that border online last year with Photopass and had the photos mailed to me. :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see how many I buy this year! :rotfl:

YAY another TR from Lindsey!

I'm so stinkin jealous of all you guys, I want to go so bad! But I've been following along with Cheryl's TR and I'm just going to live vicariously through you guys!

Everything looks awesome! I love the outfit ideas for the party! The MK isn't going to know what hit them when all ou ladies show up for the party!!

Awwww...I know we wish everyone could join us! I am so glad you are in for the fun on our Trip Reports! I'm sure they will be swamping the boards! :lmao:

Hi Lindsey. I'll be missing the meet by about a week but I am enjoying reading about the meet preparations and am looking forward to seeing pics from the event. I've read some of your other trippies so I'm looking forward to another great one!

popcorn::

I am so glad you are joining my Trippie! I'm sorry you will miss us, but you will still be celebrating with Mickey at the party! :wizard:

Hi Lindsey, I can't wait to read all about this meet in all the TR's that are sure to be written about the event.

It sounds like you ladies are in for a crazy fun night.

We hope so!!! :lmao: Thanks for joining the fun! :banana:

Hi! It'll be fun to read about the same event from so many different perspectives :) 10 days to go for us til we leave and we're very excited. We're picking up all of our travel documents tomorrow and I just stashed our passports in my new bag. I couldn't figure out how to make a princessy princess: look with the tie-dye tee's we picked so I'm leaning more towards a hippie'ish look instead :hippie:

10 days! How exciting! :banana: I can't wait to see you at the party! I'm sure you will look great in your shirt! We will all bring out our own DIS style! :hippie:
I remember hearing about this! Sounds like soooo much fun...I wish I could go! I went to MNSSHP for the first time last year and loved it. I can't wait to hear how it all goes! I love the pictures of the new decorations...they look amazing!

We wish you could be there! Thanks for joining us here for all the fun! :banana:

Bring on the Candy!!! :jumping1:

We have a Mickey's Happy Surprise Cake that we put together at work to send out, in place of a baker's cake. It's actually a Candy Cake made with Mickey Candy Bars and filled with all kinds of candy! It's pretty neat and I decided this would be a great idea to have at the Halloween Party! Halloween is all about candy! :woohoo: Now, they do give out candy at the party, but it's not the big stuff or the Disney stuff! I know we needed some real Disney candy! :mickeyjum

I spent some time at work last week putting together a special DIS Halloween Cake! I still have to keep it a secret because it's still a surprise for three of my fellow DIS'ers, tinkerbell87512, GoofyBaby, and jnjusoioa! Of course, I had to add some special Halloween and DIS touches to it! ;) I can't wait for them to see it! :yay:

It'll be a lot of candy to go around for the 4 of us! YUMMY!!! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter