Mickey Express Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the rope and the foam roll piece if anyone wanted to use it. We just didn't put it on but it would have fit.

Are both of the seats broke?

I would have to say no to the duct tape I would need the recline on both of the seats, if it is only one side broke then that would be okay but if it is both then I may have to pull out.

I am going to also ask to please not duct tape the stroller. :)

We are planning on just using a strap to make it work for us. Let's just hope it continues to hold up for the next few weeks!

Is there anyway to get a picture of what is going on with it to get a better idea, please? I would very much appreciate it.

Are both of the seats broke?

I would have to say no to the duct tape I would need the recline on both of the seats, if it is only one side broke then that would be okay but if it is both then I may have to pull out.

No duct tape, I will send a strap down for the next person.

Just the one seat is a problem, the seat isn't broken just the strap that holds it up has been pulled out. All that is needed is something to to keep the seat in an upright position, if you look at the picture on the front page you can see where you can attach something to keep the seat up. There is a cover that goes over the back seats so you wouldn't see how it is held up.

If anyone would like to back out could they let me know soon?

I think I will send down a long piece of velcro, that way it can easily be taken off to recline the seat. Any thoughts?

The strap and the velcro both sound great!

Urgoinagain-Thanks so much for all you are doing for the last few of us! You really go above and beyond-it is very much appreciated!! :goodvibes

the seats
> don't stay up on their own

And to keep it up the child straps are tied around the seats to keep them up.
I think it would be better to bring a strap, like a duffle bag strap to keep them up this would be better than tying it up with the stroller straps.....

I am not trying to be a PIA, but I do have another question: Do we know for sure if it is one or both seats? There were references to "seats" (and "them"), but then later it was that is only one side. If it is only one side, then that is no big deal- especially since you (urgoinagain) so generously offered to send down a strap.

Just trying to get a good feel, so we can best judge what we are going to do. I really appreciate your help in all of this- I am sure it is a big headache for you. THANK YOU URGOINAGAIN :goodvibes :goodvibes

I am not trying to be a PIA, but I do have another question: Do we know for sure if it is one or both seats? There were references to "seats" (and "them"), but then later it was that is only one side. If it is only one side, then that is no big deal- especially since you (urgoinagain) so generously offered to send down a strap.

Just trying to get a good feel, so we can best judge what we are going to do. I really appreciate your help in all of this- I am sure it is a big headache for you. THANK YOU URGOINAGAIN :goodvibes :goodvibes

I agree, thank you urgoinagain!!! You are very helpful and have great suggestions!! (Yes, I got the message...no duct tape...just trying to think out loud!!) :)

I'm picking it up on Sat and will post pics when I get back next Fri.

From what I understand so far it is only one seat. I am going to send the package out priority so it will be waiting at your resort iluvdiscruises. I'll put a strap, velcro and whatever else I can think of. (btw I use duct tape for everything, and if we didn't need the recline it would be the best thing)

Thanks for taking pics for us!!

From what I understand so far it is only one seat. I am going to send the package out priority so it will be waiting at your resort iluvdiscruises. I'll put a strap, velcro and whatever else I can think of. (btw I use duct tape for everything, and if we didn't need the recline it would be the best thing)

Thanks for taking pics for us!!

Great, thanks for sending. My dad is an engineer...he'll figure it out for us!!!

I just thought of a question....I hope it hasn't already been answered and I missed it! :upsidedow

How is the stroller working as far as getting on and off the buses goes?

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I just thought of a question....I hope it hasn't already been answered and I missed it! :upsidedow

How is the stroller working as far as getting on and off the buses goes?

This is how it worked for us:

1) Kids exhaustedly dose in stroller until bus pulls up.
2) Adults pull 2 kids quickly out of stroller and easily collapse stroller.
3) Adult #1 shepherds stumbling, blinking kids into front door of bus.
4) Adult #2 grunts and groans and manhandles suddenly enormously heavy stroller through rear/handicap door of bus, where it takes up 1/2 of doorway/standing area.
5) Adult #2 collapses exhausted on top of stroller. ;)

Can you guess which adult I was? :p

:flower3: Thank you so much for your great answer mechteach! I'm certainly glad I asked this question. One more thing to be prepared for!

I am looking for a double strollers if any are available. We will be down in orlando from feb 26 thru march 8.I have a car so I will be willing to pick them up. I am staying at a house rental. Thanks

I would like to find out if the stroller is available february 27 through March 6.
Thanks, Chris

Hi everyone!
I just got back and am about to call the person after me with a status. The stroller was left for her at Old Key West resort.
The stroller "fixes" didn't arrive at my hotel, so we were unable to repair the stroller. The patch is coming off a bit so if anyone can bring a needle and thread that would help. I didn't reconfigure the straps, but took pictures of everything so everyone could see how all sides/pieces look. I will post later tonight once I download my photos. We did not use the straps, but the seats are back far enough that a child could easily sleep if needed in it. I'll answer any questions as best I can...
The buses all handled the stroller...many only opened the front door of the bus, so we went in that way and left it by the door (tried to board late in the process). The stroller handles really well in the parks...it's a great stroller. It has a nice sunshade, which helped us this week, as the temps dipped into the 30s in the mornings!!

No package :sad2: , I sent it priority with delivery confirmation. It shows delivered :confused3 . I'm going to call to see if it can be found.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter