Mickey Express Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got your PM, shot you one back! :)

Assuming I can still get the stroller for our dates, we depart on the 16th, so I'll have to look into how best to get the stroller to your hotel. Worst-case, I'll take a cab over before we catch DME on departure day.

Well how far is that resort from AS Movies? I figured it would be easy to pick it up from Pop just taking the shuttle buses that we would take everywhere else. Are the strollers not allowed on these buses? I am not going to have a car either, as we are flying in from Houston and using DME to get from the airport to AS Movies.

~~Sorry I'm so confused~~

The trip on the bus will be the same, instead of getting on the POP bus you would get on the bus for the OKW, it wouldn't be any different than you picking it up from the POP. You were planning on picking it up from the POP, right?

The strollers are allowed on the buses, now I'm the one confused. :confused3 If you don't think the buses would allow you to take the stroller on, how did you plan on taking the stroller to the park. :confused3

You aren't the only one that has had to pickup the stroller, the person that has it before you is picking it up from another resort as well. If this isn't going to work out for you, please let me know. I have gone out of my way to make the best of this situation, I gave you Rita's email last week, I understand you felt she should contact you but it didn't work out that way.

Even if you have to take a cab to pickup the stroller, it is still a win situation for you, you are getting the stroller for free. The price for the rental in the park is 31$ a day. :confused3

:jumping1:
Got your PM, shot you one back! :)

Assuming I can still get the stroller for our dates, we depart on the 16th, so I'll have to look into how best to get the stroller to your hotel. Worst-case, I'll take a cab over before we catch DME on departure day.

sent you a pm, updating now.......

My contact info is rjones2615@comcast.net. It really doesn't take alot to post to get PM priveleges. Please email me and we can exchange cell phone numbers, etc.

I am the Jan 4th-11th person.

I have a question about the swaps though. Are you supposed to pick up the stroller for yourself then leave it at your resort for the next person or is the stroller going to be waiting for you at your resort and then you deliver it to the next person's resort?

The reason I ask is we will be in AS Movies.
Just posting as I am now the 11th-16th person again. :)

I wanted to ask whether anyone knew if luggage services would deliver the stroller from resort to resort on WDW property upon request? I thought I saw that mentioned somewhere, maybe on another stroller swap thread. If that is the case, it would be most convenient to send it on to the person after you at their WDW hotel.

If not, hey - it's still a free stroller. ;)

Rachael, I just need to check with you and see when you are departing on the 11th - we don't arrive until the afternoon so if you are leaving early it will be a bit tricky. If you leave late, perhaps we can coordinate to meet at the TTC or something to swap in person!

I'll look forward to hearing from you, and sorry for any stress or confusion regarding the PMs that weren't received. It is honestly the strangest thing - I received NO PMs about this swap after the original one on Dec 12th! It appears more than one person PM'd me about it though. Anyone else experience PM weirdness during that period?! I can't figure out why I wouldn't receive them (checked my PM "box" and only have 24 in there, so it's not as if they should be bouncing!).

TIA to all involved in this swap. It's lots of work, but it IS greatly appreciated!!

chemysterygal I'm glad you checked out the thread before your dates were filled! I havent received a few pm's also.

Some resorts have transferred the stroller, you have to call the resort to see if they will do this for you.

One last thing, the stroller is NOT to be left off Disney property. If it were to be lost, we have no way to track it down, plus on property the buses can be used to get the stroller. I can't expect someone to go off property to pick up a stroller, it is a sure way to be lost.

chemysterygal I'm glad you checked out the thread before your dates were filled! I havent received a few pm's also.

Some resorts have transferred the stroller, you have to call the resort to see if they will do this for you.

One last thing, the stroller is NOT to be left off Disney property. If it were to be lost, we have no way to track it down, plus on property the buses can be used to get the stroller. I can't expect someone to go off property to pick up a stroller, it is a sure way to be lost.

I tried to PM you just now and got an error message that your PM quota was exceeded! I will contact the person after me and see if it is alright for me to leave the stroller at POR for her to pick up. I'll also plan on retrieving the stroller from AsM unless the person before me can have luggage services transport it over to POR. :)

Thanks again!

I don't have any problem picking it up at OKW on the 11th. I just didn't know what the standard protocol was for these swaps. We haven't ever been to WDW before so I don't know all of the rules and regulations concerning strollers and luggage services, DME, and buses from and to the resorts. Sorry if I seemed rude, but I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything I was supposed to do in regard to getting the stroller, getting to and from the parks, and getting it ready for the next person.

I left my email address in a message for the person before me and still haven't received any contact from them. I'm just trying to get the information that will be left on the tag at the resort so I can give them the correct information to get it out for me.

Here it is again: rjones2615@comcast.net

Again, sorry. I did email her but didn't hear back.

The trip on the bus will be the same, instead of getting on the POP bus you would get on the bus for the OKW, it wouldn't be any different than you picking it up from the POP. You were planning on picking it up from the POP, right?

The strollers are allowed on the buses, now I'm the one confused. :confused3 If you don't think the buses would allow you to take the stroller on, how did you plan on taking the stroller to the park. :confused3

You aren't the only one that has had to pickup the stroller, the person that has it before you is picking it up from another resort as well. If this isn't going to work out for you, please let me know. I have gone out of my way to make the best of this situation, I gave you Rita's email last week, I understand you felt she should contact you but it didn't work out that way.

Even if you have to take a cab to pickup the stroller, it is still a win situation for you, you are getting the stroller for free. The price for the rental in the park is 31$ a day. :confused3

I am brand new to this also, but was under the impression that the stroller is to be stored/swapped @ POP based on the original post w/ the guidelines, etc. I am curious about this as well. Could someone please clarify?

On a side note, I PM'd both the person before (aleciajab) and after (MEA LUVS DISNEY) me, with my contact info for the swap, a while back. I haven't heard back from either. Thought I would post here in hopes that either of you may be reading this. What do I do if I don't hear back from either in the next couple of weeks?

I will pm you as soon as I get 10 posts.

You crack me up!! :laughing:

I had to do the same thing a couple months back to get those silly PM priviledges, and I went from thread to thread posting goofy brief responses to various things. I like your idea MUCH better. :rotfl:

Got your PM, will respond when the kiddos go to bed. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the chuckle too, very creative way to get your posts to PM :rotfl2: (And silly me, I should have sent you my email- I prefer using that anyway :rolleyes1 - will send that when I reply)

Thanks for getting your thread count up MEA LUVS DISNEY, and a cleaver way to do it! Mom22bless, bflony is already in Disneyworld, I left your info with her, I am going to pm you her cell number! I'm glad we worked out the odd situation we were put in.

This was my first attempt at a swap, if I ever do another I will have a solid set of rules in place. I have learned from this as I went along also.
This past week was one of the tougher ones for me, I hope it all works out and everyone is happy!

Have a Happy New Year, and mom22bless have a fun and safe trip.

Also, just a few tips to those who haven't followed this thread;

-at MK use the handicap entrance, if you use the others it's tough to get the stroller in.
-try to get in the bus at the back, its much easier to get in with the stroller.
-and don't overload the handle with only one child in, the stroller can tip over.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter