Mickey Express Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great! It looks like you've done an excellent job at managing the swap!

I'll call her on the 4th and get the info that she will leave on the tag.

Just wanted to post an update - the person before me (Rachael) has been in contact with me, and I am contacting the person after me (Lori) to make sure everything is set. Sounds like all is well for the first half of January! :)

Just wanted to post an update - the person before me (Rachael) has been in contact with me, and I am contacting the person after me (Lori) to make sure everything is set. Sounds like all is well for the first half of January! :)

Yes, I just sent you my cell #...I will pickup at your resort, so we are straight through the 23rd...

Just PM'd with aleciajab who is after me...I will be leaving the stroller at her resort when I leave. We are all set!

Just PM'd with aleciajab who is after me...I will be leaving the stroller at her resort when I leave. We are all set!

You are truly an angel! :hug: Thanks so much for this unexpected treat! I just told my boys that we would get some extra time at the park on our first day there now! Thank you! Thank you!!

Been in touch w/ Aleciajab (before me) and MEA LUVS DISNEY (after me)---- we are all set :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I just got back today and the stroller is fine. The person before me let me know that the straps are tied to hold the seat up so I brought a foam wrapper that we had left from our water heater install and a rope to tie it if we needed it. We didn't need it but I left it with the stroller anyways.

It'll work great!!

I just got back today and the stroller is fine. The person before me let me know that the straps are tied to hold the seat up so I brought a foam wrapper that we had left from our water heater install and a rope to tie it if we needed it. We didn't need it but I left it with the stroller anyways.

It'll work great!!

Thanks for the update. Can you explain this a little more? Can you actually use the straps or no? Do we leave them tied to hold the seat?? Thanks and hope your trip was amazing!!

Thanks for the update. Can you explain this a little more? Can you actually use the straps or no? Do we leave them tied to hold the seat?? Thanks and hope your trip was amazing!!

I would be interested to know more as well. I am a bit confused :confused3
Does the seat not stay up (one or both), or are the straps to secure the baby/child in not staying attached? I am guessing maybe you brought the foam to put between the seat and the frame to prop it up? I would like a bit more info- we leave in 3 weeks :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Ok..ok...I'll chime in and request more information as well. I'm guessing there will for sure be times that my youngest will need to be strapped in...can't say I'm too excited about tying him in...if that is what I'm understanding.

Thanks! :)

Not sure what is going on with the straps? Lets try to get more info, but I think that it is safe to say it is not the child straps, but maybe the straps on the back of the seat?

Good morning, I've heard back from mom22bless she forwarded a message from bflony:

We have a suggestion too - when we got it the straps were all rigged
> together to try to make the seats stay in an upright position - the
> group of straps were right where our 2 yr olds head rested so we
> untied them (they were knotted from both sides stretching toward the
> middle) when we did that we realized why it was like that- the seats
> don't stay up on their own, we figured out 3 days in that we could use
> the strap from our luggage (those big 2 inch wide ones that adjust for
> width) to put from bar to bar behind the seats & that worked great -
> the stroller wheels fantastic & although the seat thing was initially
> a problem we were still very happy with it

So I guess the problem is the straps behind the seat that recline are broken. And to keep it up the child straps are tied around the seats to keep them up.
I think it would be better to bring a strap, like a duffle bag strap to keep them up this would be better than tying it up with the stroller straps. So if anyone has an extra around the house (I have plenty if you like I can send it today to the resort) let me know and we will get it taken care of.

Other than that the stroller seems to be holding up! We just have one more month to make it through.....

When we had the stroller, one of the two seats was permanently in the recline position, so we just looped the straps around the top of stroller bar so our 5-year-old could sit up straighter. The seat didn't seem "broken" in any way, just fully reclined (not flat back, but not fully upright), but I could be wrong. :confused3

When we had the stroller, one of the two seats was permanently in the recline position, so we just looped the straps around the top of stroller bar so our 5-year-old could sit up straighter. The seat didn't seem "broken" in any way, just fully reclined (not flat back, but not fully upright), but I could be wrong. :confused3

:thumbsup2 Seems it is the reclining strap that is broken. Child straps are intact. Any ideas to keep the seat up? as of right now we know that a duffle bag strap will work. We need something that can easily be taken off to recline the seat. Unless someone comes up with something else, will stick with that.

Does anyone who is left need to use the recline? If not, I can duct tape it in the upright position (and certainly no one will steal this at the parks!!!). I am the next to get it (I pick up on Sat). Let me know what you all think...

Does anyone who is left need to use the recline? If not, I can duct tape it in the upright position (and certainly no one will steal this at the parks!!!). I am the next to get it (I pick up on Sat). Let me know what you all think...

I would need recline on @ least one seat, as my 18 month old will probably nap in it some.

I have already emailed the person before me about some other ideas that I have had, incase this stroller isn't going to hold out for us.

At this point, I would say go ahead and duct tape it, if you want to- and I will figure something else out. But, I would suggest waiting for the other 2 (aleciajab and MEA LUVS DISNEY) chime in as far as what they prefer as well.

I don't think it has to be duct taped, the seat just needs something to hold it up. A strap can be attached to the frame on both sides of the seat to keep it upright. That way the recline can still be used if needed.

The seat has a frame on each side, if you attach the strap to each side of the frame behind the seat, your in business.

I dont think anyone has to worry about finding another option, other than wear and the recline the stroller is holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter