• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May/June Codes watch....

I'm just saying the Sunday paper because the person who first posted on another board yesterday about the AP rates coming out said they would probably be on Sunday. Most Sunday papers have a travel section where Disney often runs big ads. Note that the Sunday paper is available for purchase on Saturdays, so I bet it will be up here by then (if my guess is accurate.)

As of 11:35am--she said "they haven't given them permission to release them as yet," so I guess they are there! :hourglass :confused3 Accckkkkk! :p

cstraub said:
GOT THROUGH. THE RATES STINK!!

I WAS GIVEN STANDARD VIEW AKL FOR $239 A NIGHT?!
ALL STARS FOR $99.00
FW CABINS $274.00

THESE ARE NOT GOOD RATES!! I MENTIONED THE CODE TOO!!???

LAST SUMMER ON THE SAME DATES I STAYED POOL VIEW AKL FOR $132.00!!!! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

That doesn't seem right. I was able to get AKL savanah for $219 a night 4/30 - 5/7 (regular season). Are you considered peak season?

I thought I read somewhere on the DIS that the AP rates would come out on the 9th, and they did. I also thought that I read that the general rates would come out on the 16th.
So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Just got AKL Pool View for $165/night + tax. DW had already booked POFQ at $109, but I thought the upgrade to AKL was worth the extra cash. We're only doing two nights before we head over to SOG for the rest of the week. So I dialed the 800# twice and entered that I wanted to modify an existing reservation. Each time I was sent to the cue for 10 minutes before I hung up. I tried a third time and decided to push 1 for a new reservation, and rang straight to a delightful CM. SarahBell hooked me up, then warned me about the green pool, it's painted to look that way, like a watering hole on the Savannah.lol Can't wait to check it out. Good luck to the rest of y'all. :wave:

FallDisney said:
I heard from my TA, Kerri, this morning. I think it was around 9:00 or so. In fact, I didn't even know codes were out. Her call was my first clue. Now I have to decide whether or not to buy an AP. There's huge doubt where a general code will appear, so I might just go for it. After all, if you spend $50 on the dining discount, you get 20% off your food. That with the room discount will save us quite a bit. Especially when, without the dining discount, we'll be saving $400 with the AP purchase.

Does anyone have the # for Small World Vacations? I looked in my web mail account with comcast, where I had saved the original email from a TA, but it has been purged! YAAARGGHHH!!! Should have forwarded it to my Yahoo email account! :badpc:

Code, before the Sunday paper add, got it late afternoon the SAME day as AP codes!!! :crazy: So, I guess I will keep monitoring the boards and calling CRO-have nothing else to do, its raining out! :umbrella:

Brwhite said:
I thought I read somewhere on the DIS that the AP rates would come out on the 9th, and they did. I also thought that I read that the general rates would come out on the 16th.
So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Note that AP rates came out on March 9, 2004 and on March 9, 2005. Do I detect a trend? (Is it creepy that I remember about 2004? I actually put the March 9th date on my Palm Pilot for 2004 when they came out in 2005 because I knew we'd be planning this trip.)

Just checked Mousesavers and the AP Room Only discount codes are out. Any skinny on when the general codes come out?

After being on hold for almost an hour (using 800#), was able to get an AP rate for GV at the Poly in mid-June for $100 off rack rate! This saves us over $700 for the room compared to the previous AAA rate.
:cool1:
Thanks to everyone for posting helpful information during these exciting code watch times!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave:

Sorry if someone's posted this between last night & today,
but was anyone succesful in getting the AP rate for ASMo??
When I called it came up for every other AS, and POP, but not Movies *sigh*.

Because we use the ap code we are staying in two places (cr and akl) is it worth it to switch or should we just stay in AKL. My DH won't try anyother resort if we don't do it this way. princess: princess: ::MickeyMo princess: :hourglass

tapatia said:
Does anyone have the # for Small World Vacations? I looked in my web mail account with comcast, where I had saved the original email from a TA, but it has been purged! YAAARGGHHH!!! Should have forwarded it to my Yahoo email account! :badpc:

Sent you a PM.

Movies is always the hard one to get on the AP or discounts.

I got PORS for $109 standard view for early june and AKL for $139 standard view!! Can't wait!! :cheer2:

i'm so upset! i was in meetings all morning and just came back to see ppl posting that rates are out but they are sold out for my week. :( i can't believe i've been waiting for 3 weeks and now they are sold out in less than 24 hours. i'm on hold right now, but i've seen a few posts saying my week is sold out. :(

Keep trying. I however, have had NO luck with Fl. Residents code...keep saying not available at this time.

caitycaity said:
i'm so upset! i was in meetings all morning and just came back to see ppl posting that rates are out but they are sold out for my week. :( i can't believe i've been waiting for 3 weeks and now they are sold out in less than 24 hours. i'm on hold right now, but i've seen a few posts saying my week is sold out. :(

Try every resort in your price range...you may get to try something new and fun. Do you have ressies already? If you have standard view and they are sold out of that, you may be able to get the upgrade at AP for no more than you are paying now. I was on the phone at 5:59 am Dallas time...done by 6:20.

thanks. i'm still on hold. actually, i got hung up on somehow and had to call back. we do already have ressies. we'll see what i can get. we haven't gone since 2003, but i don't remember ever having these kinds of problems before when calling to get an ap rate. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter