May/June Codes watch....

Found this on a different board...thought it might help someone out if they couldn't get the dates that they wanted.
OK, here is something that you should know. CRO was having big problems booking 3 nights at the AP rate. If you have been trying to get three nights and it won't go through, book it for more nights and then drop off the extra ones. I had to do this for a client yesterday.

I think I read on this thread somewhere that someone else had a problem booking an AP rate past the 7/4 end date. They split their ressie and got the discount on the first part of their trip and then will try again for the end when the new set of discounts come out for dates past 7/4.

I've also read a number of times to have CRO check each date seperately just in case there is only a day or two on either end that might not be available.

Best of luck, I hope you can find some discount.

I've given up on the idea of a general code, so I broke down and booked ASMu with AAA rate this week after the AP codes came out. The AP and FL rates weren't as good as my general code rate for the same time last year.

I finally was able to get the AP rate for POFQ but I am still trying to get WL.

Minnie's Mate said:
Thanks, missypie. I also had the 800-828-0228. That is Disney Travel Co. I usually don't use that number because you used to have to pay in full before the 45 day mark and there were refund restrictions. I don't know if they still apply. I will use it for things like PS's because I already have committed to the trip and feel like I am making an additional monitary committment to my trip...adding to WDW's coffers if you will.

Although you do get an announcement welcoming you to the Disney Travel Company when you use this 800#, payment in full has not been required when I've used the number to make reservations over the last year or two. We've only had to put a one-night deposit on our reservation and then pay the balance when we arrive. I get the same confirmation letter by mail from WDW Reservations when using this number as I used to get using the Disney toll number.

Number too, they answered quicker, and I had already paid a deposit, so they needed no money from me. ;)

F1Julie said:
I've given up on the idea of a general code, so I broke down and booked ASMu with AAA rate this week after the AP codes came out. The AP and FL rates weren't as good as my general code rate for the same time last year.

FWIW, I had originally booked Pop with a AAA rate for May and it was about $84 a night. When the AP codes came out this week, I noticed with the AP code I would have only saved about $10 a night. I don't know how much better a general code would have been.

I switched my reservation though to AKL because I just could not pass up that good of a deal.

I got so excited when I got my mail today. I got a postcard from WDW! :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

I should have waited before being so excited....it's asking for a review on the ASMu that my son stayed in last week! :rotfl2: I thought for sure I was getting a PIN!

Oh well, my wait continues.

No gp or disney visa/chase codes this morning 7:03 am. Cm said to keep looking for them to come out during the next 2 weeks. :confused3

nanatink said:
No gp or disney visa/chase codes this morning 7:03 am. Cm said to keep looking for them to come out during the next 2 weeks. :confused3
Thanks for letting us know. I hope they come out soon. :)

nanatink said:

How were you able to check the VISA? Their site says they are preforming a system maintenance & won't be up until 10:00am..................MAybe they are updating with some really great deals! :cheer2:

csmommy said:
How were you able to check the VISA? Their site says they are preforming a system maintenance & won't be up until 10:00am..................MAybe they are updating with some really great deals! :cheer2:

If you ask CRO they will tell you.

I checked our local paper too and nothing. No Disney ads at all.

Im beginning to think that if we dont see anything by the end of this week that we may just be out of luck for the general public codes. What do you think?

csmommy said:

I didn't check with visa. I just asked the cm at wdtc and that's what she told me. :sad:

In the Miami Herald today, either. :confused3 I guess we Fl. Residents got the code before the paper released it! :teeth:

The WDW website shows an add for Disney Visa. The add states, "0% vacation financing plus travel and hotel savings". Has it always said this or is the reference to hotel savings new?

You can book a room only with the WDTC and not need the $200 deposit and full payment within 45 days.

I just booked CBR at AP rate thru WDTC (using the 800 number). Got $125 a night for a king room, June 27 and 28.

I was told that I needed to pay for the first night within 14 days and that if I needed to cancel, I needed to cancel before 5 days to get a full refund. Full amount due on checkin.

These are the same policies as CRO. When you call WDTC you need to state that you want a room only ressie and you will not be subject to the package requirements.

DaveK said:
Although you do get an announcement welcoming you to the Disney Travel Company when you use this 800#, payment in full has not been required when I've used the number to make reservations over the last year or two. We've only had to put a one-night deposit on our reservation and then pay the balance when we arrive. I get the same confirmation letter by mail from WDW Reservations when using this number as I used to get using the Disney toll number.

Thanks DaveK and cranbiz for the updated info. I haven't tried the DTC number for the last couple of years because of the previous requirements.

Now I won't have to use up my cell phone minutes to make my ressies anymore! :goodvibes I'm glad they do this now since Disney pays a per call fee and not a per minute fee for the calls like we have to when we are on long term hold. I wouldn't mind paying a per call fee myself, but the when you can be on hold for up to 10 minutes or more just to make the reservation, it can get pricey when you are paying by the minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter