• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 2017 Discount Watch

We are planning a trip Memorial Day weekend. I am thinking about booking a room now. If i book now and the codes come out in December, would I be able to use them?
Yes. You can modify your reservation to the new discount when it's released.

We are planning a trip Memorial Day weekend. I am thinking about booking a room now. If i book now and the codes come out in December, would I be able to use them?
You definitely can if there are rooms available for that discount when it comes out, but I wouldn't actually plan on it definitely happening that way. For my early December trip this year, I had every intention of waiting until the discount came out, then booking, but then I got paranoid we wouldn't be able to find a room in our price point (because availability was already kind of sparse in the values), so I booked a few weeks before the discount came out just to be safe, thinking I'd apply the discount once they came out. I was out of luck though, because now even though I have a room at an eligible resort, all the rooms they set aside for that discount (if there were ever really any at all) are taken. Thank God though I didn't wait to book because by the time the discount came out, there were no more value rooms (which is all that's in my price point), and the cheapest moderate room was almost $100/night more expensive than what I booked. It definitely would forced us to stay offsite if I hadn't booked early.

Long story short, basically my advice would be that if you want to book before the discount comes out, only book something that's in your price point without a discount, because even though they release a discount, there might not be any rooms left you can apply it toward.

I am looking at a value resort during Memorial Day weekend. Any chance of there being codes?

How do you get personal codes? Are they unique for each person?
No one really knows. The only thing you can do is make sure you have registered in the MDE system and check your email. You can also ask a CM on the phone if there are any assigned to your name. Sometimes they are and you might have missed the email.

What is MDE and where can I find it?
My Disney Experience. It's the system Disnwy uses for resort bookings, fast passes, dining reservations etc. You will need to register yourself and any other travelers in your party before being able to book or modify a reservation.

Has anyone used a TA for discount? I see where an agency I used in the past is offering exclusive rates for May. The rates are actually really good! Just wondering if anyone had experience with this?

Has anyone used a TA for discount? I see where an agency I used in the past is offering exclusive rates for May. The rates are actually really good! Just wondering if anyone had experience with this?
What agency is that? As far as I know, TAs do not have access to discount rates before anyone else. Is this for a special event?

sent. I just do the start a conversation feature, right?
Yep.

So I looked at their site. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that TAs all received the same rates, and discounts. So I'm really not sure how they have such rates for dates this far in advance. Just for curiosity sake, I requested a quote for the same dates I'm already booked for in May. If they truly have a good deal, then it's worth it, but I'm very skeptical.

Anyone with better knowledge of TA practices, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

This particular travel agency which offers "agency exclusive" offers does some unique things. They will book "conventions" with Disney and secure the convention rate which discounts hotel rooms and tickets. From what I've read this is all above board with Disney and they are aware and don't care since it sells rooms for them. I've never used them but quoted many times and it seems very legit to me, you can pay using Disney Gift Cards since you are paying Disney directly (just through them). Many good reports here on the disboards and online elsewhere.
That's very interesting. Thank you for the insight on that! I was able to get a quote from them for May that was a pretty good discount. After running some numbers, it looks to be almost the exact same discount as was released to the public in Spring of last year. So this may also be an indicator that this years Spring discounts will be the same. (I could be completely wrong. Just speculation)

I've already booked my trip, so it would probably be too much of a hassle to switch over to the TA quote, and I'm hoping the public discount is the same when it's released in this Winter.

Does that agency only have deals for one week increments?

Are they room only deals?

Can the special rate room be canceled if come December, Disney releases a deal that would be better?

Does that agency only have deals for one week increments?

Are they room only deals?

Can the special rate room be canceled if come December, Disney releases a deal that would be better?
Rate is good May 15-June 1. You get discounted room, discount theme park tickets, and free admission to one of Disney's waterparks. Rates are good at Port Orleans Riverside, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Savanna View.

If you wouldn't mind, could you PM the TA as well? I was looking to go in May and this might be a better option for me.

I tried to send you a pm and it won't let me. You can try to PM me and I can respond or do you have an email I can send it to?

Sorry, I'm usually just a lurker so I had to make an account to ask about the TA. I can't seem to PM you either

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm usually just a lurker so I had to make an account in order to ask so that is probably why. If you would email it to me at (removed) I would really appreciate it.
I would take that email address off of here ASAP. Spammers can scan and take your email address from public forums and flood your inbox.

Hi, joining in on the code alert. Can't wait for May 6th. We're taking both the entire family (6 people) so will need two rooms. Hoping for a good RO discount, but free dining would help also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter