May 2014 Discout Watch

Good info, thanks.

Would you happen to have the links from the Mousesavers newsletter handy? I just signed up for their newsletter but I'm not sure if they'll send the latest one. Might need to consider this if no FD pin arrives. Thanks again.

Check your private messages. :)

I'd like the information on how you booked that way as well please :). FDing usually saves us so much since we have 4 children traveling with us, 3 of which are now 'adults' by Disney standards LOL. We really want to go in May this year, but we never get a PIN either (had one PIN in 15+ years LOL). Thanks!!!

I tried the CheapTickets site and can't seem to get it to take 20% off for Pop Century...must not be an included hotel? The prices for their rooms were 10.00 higher than Disney's site, so not sure if they charge per person or ???.

RatPack - They do charge for kids if you book them during the original booking. Many people have posted that they book the 2 adults, then call back and have CT call Disney to add the kiddos for free. I know this is a roundabout way to do it, but the savings are worth it. Unfortunately, the current code doesn't work with Disney resorts. I think cheaptickets codes come out on Mondays, so google cheapticket codes often and see if they work. If you find one, go to the site, enter Disney World and your dates, then the code you've found. If the Disney resort you're looking for is eligible for that code, it will say something like "code eligible" somewhere within the resort box. I really hope a new one comes out for those of you interested!!! :) I'll keep looking and post if I find one!

RatPack - They do charge for kids if you book them during the original booking. Many people have posted that they book the 2 adults, then call back and have CT call Disney to add the kiddos for free. I know this is a roundabout way to do it, but the savings are worth it. Unfortunately, the current code doesn't work with Disney resorts. I think cheaptickets codes come out on Mondays, so google cheapticket codes often and see if they work. If you find one, go to the site, enter Disney World and your dates, then the code you've found. If the Disney resort you're looking for is eligible for that code, it will say something like "code eligible" somewhere within the resort box. I really hope a new one comes out for those of you interested!!! :) I'll keep looking and post if I find one!

Another question we are on the DDP - can you still get the DDP when you go through this 3rd party websites? If so how do you do it?

Another question we are on the DDP - can you still get the DDP when you go through this 3rd party websites? If so how do you do it?

No....:( Our original reservation was through Disney with the dining plan. Since we're taking our 2 sons (who can really put food away), I was disappointed, but when I ran the numbers, we will actually be saving a little.....:)

No....:( Our original reservation was through Disney with the dining plan. Since we're taking our 2 sons (who can really put food away), I was disappointed, but when I ran the numbers, we will actually be saving a little.....:)

okay..thanks. I like the idea of the dining plan too much to change. I know that if we were eating out of pocket we would be penny pinching and I would probably eat items I dont want, just because its cheaper :confused3 Would I save $$? Yes. Would I enjoy myself as much? Probably not. Im glad it worked out for you.

okay..thanks. I like the idea of the dining plan too much to change. I know that if we were eating out of pocket we would be penny pinching and I would probably eat items I dont want, just because its cheaper :confused3 Would I save $$? Yes. Would I enjoy myself as much? Probably not. Im glad it worked out for you.

I am exactly the same way! :rolleyes1 It's your vacation and you should do what's going to make you happy! My situation is, we're taking our 2 grown boys and neither care much for desserts. My DH doesn't even care for them, but on the dining plan, orders it anyway. So, I guess things will even out. I set a large budget for food, so I'll try and relax. :goodvibes Have a great trip!!!

I had the Disney spring offer booked, and then decided to go with cheaptickets since they were offering the Disney spring offer PLUS a 25% off code. I also bought our tickets through undercover tourist (through the link in mousesavers newsletter) and saved $174. So, I saved a total of $890 off the current Disney spring offer, which is $2,008 off rack rate. I was so wanting FD, but I gave up hope since I've NEVER gotten a PIN. When I ran the numbers, the rate I got is only $300 more than FD would have been, so I'm content. Cheaptickets is owned by Orbitz, and Orbitz will also offer discount codes sometimes.

I never thought of going about it this way. If you get tickets from another source, you can attach them to your room? I know I've read about it, but I never wanted to have to bother with it, especially with the unknowns of the wrist band stuff now.

I had the Disney spring offer booked, and then decided to go with cheaptickets since they were offering the Disney spring offer PLUS a 25% off code. I also bought our tickets through undercover tourist (through the link in mousesavers newsletter) and saved $174. So, I saved a total of $890 off the current Disney spring offer, which is $2,008 off rack rate. I was so wanting FD, but I gave up hope since I've NEVER gotten a PIN. When I ran the numbers, the rate I got is only $300 more than FD would have been, so I'm content. Cheaptickets is owned by Orbitz, and Orbitz will also offer discount codes sometimes.

I'm helping DD and her BFF plan a trip for May. They currently have the room only booked at POR with the discount. What can you tell me about cheaptickets? I went on their website and see what you're saying. Right now it's an additional 20% off which would save them quite a bit of money. But I'm unfamiliary with cheaptickets and a little nervous about going the non-Disney route.

my daughter is dancing at WDW on Memorial Day weekend....we are looking into staying an extra day at an on-site resort (night of May26th)...any idea if there are any discounts available for a one night stay??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter